The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

People are failing to realize that Nash has zero help offensively in Columbus, and he plays in the league's toughest division...

Every player in the league that put up 80+ points has some help from other elite players offensively. He's a goal scorer, he needs an elite centerman to dish him the puck.

Do you think Daniel would be an elite player without Henrik? Probably not. No player can do it on their own. Even Ovechkin has Backstrom, Stamkos has St.Louis, and Crosby has Malkin.

Heatley, Staal, Gomez, Gaborik, and Lecavalier all have similar cap hits to Nash. Would you rather have one of them instead of Nash? Staal maybe, but other than that no chance.

The Canucks are on his list, and we have assets that would be attractive to Columbus. I guarantee Gillis is at least discussing it right now.

I think Howsen may chill on his rediculous expectation of returns. Speculation is that a deal may have been done at the deadline only to have Howsen change the deal, wanting more after the the trade partner had given Howsen what he wanted. This, in my mind is ludicrous and not a very good way of conducting business. If it is true he may have "shot himself in the foot." I' as a GM would lose trust in him to follow through and would hesitate to offer any deal.

One thing I agree with, is that he has never broken 80 pnts and can't as of yet be truly put in that elite class (ie. Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, Sedins). The argument could be made that he has played on a poorly constructed team through out his carreer, but one has to remember that he is a member of that team. He, as captain, is expected to lead them and assist in inspiring his teammates. Maybe it's true that, "you can't polish a turd (Columbus being the turd)."

If Vancouver could miraculously pull off the deal of the draft, I think He's on the second line.

Second line:

Jensen - Kesler - Nash

Yes, and in fact numbers don't lie. Elite players are those that reach 80+ points. Nash has yet to reach 80 points. What is your argument for him being a top 50 player in the NHL? I would consider him a top 100 player in the NHL, but at a 7.8 mil cap hit, he should be in the steven stamkos range. But regardless, Nash isn't coming here as Vancouver is officially not on his list. So this thread is done...Moving on.

lol

What Nash has proven in Columbus is that he's capable of scoring 30-40 goals a season with some of the worst players. He's a goal scoring power forward who's rarely had any help and has still scored 30-40 goals every season. It's awfully hard to hit the 80-100 point mark when you set up your teammates can they can't put the puck in the back of the net.

Players like Nash don't come around often. Big man, soft hands, long reach and is able to use his size to protect the puck. He played very well for us in the Olympics and played a major role in shutting down Alex Ovechkin when we played against the Russians. I'm glad Yzerman saw that he was indeed a top 50 player.

To be honest, 7.8 Million for Nash isn't expensive because players like him are hard to develop. We've tried many times and experimented with different players and failed. The problem is that his cap is too big for a team who's meant to be DEEP. A player of that contract size reduces the depth of our team. If the cap does indeed go up, I would love to see him on our team.

Well we'll just have to wait and see. I can't imagine columbus trading him to a western team nor can I see us trading Schneider. I think he'll end up in the big apple, because Glen Sather is known for those kinds of moves, and they have more assets than us. But I've been wrong before. Draft day can't come any sooner.

Yes, and in fact numbers don't lie. Elite players are those that reach 80+ points. Nash has yet to reach 80 points. What is your argument for him being a top 50 player in the NHL? I would consider him a top 100 player in the NHL, but at a 7.8 mil cap hit, he should be in the steven stamkos range. But regardless, Nash isn't coming here as Vancouver is officially not on his list. So this thread is done...Moving on.

People are failing to realize that Nash has zero help offensively in Columbus, and he plays in the league's toughest division...

Every player in the league that put up 80+ points has some help from other elite players offensively. He's a goal scorer, he needs an elite centerman to dish him the puck.

Do you think Daniel would be an elite player without Henrik? Probably not. No player can do it on their own. Even Ovechkin has Backstrom, Stamkos has St.Louis, and Crosby has Malkin.

Heatley, Staal, Gomez, Gaborik, and Lecavalier all have similar cap hits to Nash. Would you rather have one of them instead of Nash? Staal maybe, but other than that no chance.

The Canucks are on his list, and we have assets that would be attractive to Columbus. I guarantee Gillis is at least discussing it right now.

If any team is going to trade for a guy like Nash, they're going to have to overpay for him. Howsen said after the trade deadline that none of the propsals that was offered, was enough to trade a player like Nash's calibre.

To Columbus:

Kesler

Schneider

Ballard

Sauve

1st rounder

To Vancouver:

Nash

Brassard

This trade is pretty even and both teams get what they want. Columbus finally gets their potential elite goalie and "#1" centermen. While the Canucks get that elite power forward to play with the twins.

He isn't worth that much. Think Carter or Richards comparison. Max: One of our goaltenders and booth / raymond plus a pick / prospect.

This is like the lindros debacle - and everyone would have rather had forsberg!!

If any team is going to trade for a guy like Nash, they're going to have to overpay for him. Howsen said after the trade deadline that none of the propsals that was offered, was enough to trade a player like Nash's calibre.

To Columbus:

Kesler

Schneider

Ballard

Sauve

1st rounder

To Vancouver:

Nash

Brassard

This trade is pretty even and both teams get what they want. Columbus finally gets their potential elite goalie and "#1" centermen. While the Canucks get that elite power forward to play with the twins.

Archived