The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

It's starts with Schneider because that's an obvious piece that they need.

Then you have to offer up a top 6 player to help replace the loss of Nash. The only realistic options for us are Booth or raymond. And obviously Gillis is going to have a tough time selling Raymond as a top 6, so it's Booth.

Then they're going to likely want a top 6 defenceman, or high calibre defensive prospect. Ballard is obviously an option because his cap hit helps them get to the cap floor and they need a defenceman that's capable of playing in the top 4. But if they want to go younger, they're going to ask for Tanev or possibly Sauve, depending on how well Gillis negotiates.

And finally they're going to want a prospect and a pick, which could be one of many combinations. It could be a mix of Sweatt or Rodin and a 1st, or it could be Jensen or Schroeder and something like a 2nd or a third.

Of course this is just what they're asking for. That doesn't mean any team has to pay it. IMO it could be anything from Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Schroeder, and a 3rd, to Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Sweatt, and a 1st. If the pric is that high though, I'd be asking for their 2nd round pick back with Nash to help counter the loss of our first.

The way I look at it is, Nash is an immediate upgrade over Booth. This team is still strong with Luongo and Lack. Ballard or Tanev can be replaced in free agency. And Schroeder is likely going to run into the same wall that Hodgson did on this team. So really, IMO this move would make us stronger now

Forget the comparison ...

Could Nash help? Is he a missing piece to go for it while Sedins are in prime?

Yes

Is he worth taking a risk on?

Yes

But we can't give up so much that we damage our window. We can damage the beginning of our next window, but not this one.

That in mind, only prospects and a goalie an picks... Take it or leave it. Or a player who would get no ice time here

It's starts with Schneider because that's an obvious piece that they need.

Then you have to offer up a top 6 player to help replace the loss of Nash. The only realistic options for us are Booth or raymond. And obviously Gillis is going to have a tough time selling Raymond as a top 6, so it's Booth.

Then they're going to likely want a top 6 defenceman, or high calibre defensive prospect. Ballard is obviously an option because his cap hit helps them get to the cap floor and they need a defenceman that's capable of playing in the top 4. But if they want to go younger, they're going to ask for Tanev or possibly Sauve, depending on how well Gillis negotiates.

And finally they're going to want a prospect and a pick, which could be one of many combinations. It could be a mix of Sweatt or Rodin and a 1st, or it could be Jensen or Schroeder and something like a 2nd or a third.

Of course this is just what they're asking for. That doesn't mean any team has to pay it. IMO it could be anything from Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Schroeder, and a 3rd, to Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Sweatt, and a 1st. If the pric is that high though, I'd be asking for their 2nd round pick back with Nash to help counter the loss of our first.

The way I look at it is, Nash is an immediate upgrade over Booth. This team is still strong with Luongo and Lack. Ballard or Tanev can be replaced in free agency. And Schroeder is likely going to run into the same wall that Hodgson did on this team. So really, IMO this move would make us stronger now

What makes you think Columbus is a cap floor team? We have the 8th highest payroll, they have the 11th highest. I highly doubt someone like Keith Ballard is all that attractive to them.

If we want Rick Nash it would likely cost Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Schroeder and a 1st round pick. I definitely would do this deal, and then look to see what it will take to bring in Brandon Dubinsky to take over for Booth on the second line.

What makes you think Columbus is a cap floor team? We have the 8th highest payroll, they have the 11th highest. I highly doubt someone like Keith Ballard is all that attractive to them.

If we want Rick Nash it would likely cost Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Schroeder and a 1st round pick. I definitely would do this deal, and then look to see what it will take to bring in Brandon Dubinsky to take over for Booth on the second line.

Heatley played with Thornton and crap the bed. To say Nash with the sedins would dominate is all speculation. And umm no, Parise is worth nowhere near 8 million. That's absolutely ridiculous. He's a 6.5 million dollar guy at best, but of course teams will overpay to get him. That doesn't mean he's worth it though.

Yes, scoring was a problem, but we would have had to score 9 goals in the 2 games we lost in order to win those games in Boston. I don't think Rick Nash could get us 9 goals in a game.

Wow, if you think he's one of the best talents in the game, then I give up trying to convince you otherwise. Have you not learned from Glen Sather's mistakes? :picard:

edit: Nash does not want to come here:

http://sports.yahoo....39506--nhl.html

End thread.

Archived