The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

Nash, Parise, Weber...these guys could all cause locker-room chaos. These guys are big fish and team captains. Suddenly you throw them into the Nucks locker room with its core leadership, egos etc (Hank, Bieksa, Kesler) and who is captain? who is the real leader?

Think Bieksa's leadership role will be in tact if Weber signs? How about Hank with Nash on the team (makes more money and is more of a physically dominating, carry the team on his back type)?

These big acquisitions can cause issues within the team which is partly why they often don't make the huge difference everyone expects. Players are forced to take on different roles and lose influence. It can be tricky.

As much as I hate to say it, the logical guy to give up in a Nash trade (if we are not giving up Luongo or Schneider) is Booth. Nash does what Booth does but way better. Nash is a consistent power forward while Booth is sometimes a power forward. It is also a working basis to let the salaries make sense. In my opinion a realistic deal would be Booth, Kassian, first, second for Nash. Now I know many are going to say why give up Kassian, especially when you just traded for him but the fact is Booth alone will not get Nash.

Also, even for a second I do not buy speculation that Luongo will be dealt to CBJ because it makes 0 sense. As some of you are aware, I hate Luongo a lot and I criticize him to death but in a deal such as this I think it makes sense to deal Schneider (as a poster already mentioned) and I would do it.

Rick Nash type players are RARELY on the market, that is why so many teams are inquiring.

Luongo isn't gonna wave his NTC to go to the worst team in the league. At least with him in Toronto they'd make the playoffs.

Schneider, Booth, Ballard, and a 1st for Nash.

They get a top 6 forward, a top 4 defenseman (face it, the only reason Ballard played bottom pairing minutes was because our left side defence is stacked), a really good goalie who's more than ready to be a starter, and a 1st round pick round add to their prospect pool.

Daniel ~ Henrik ~ Nash

Burrows ~ Kesler ~ Kassian

--> Burrows and Kesler have unreal chemistry; Kassian will be the big physical presence, is strong on the boards, and can make some good passes down low.

Archived