The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

I don't know what many of you are talking about, but I'd get a boner if Nash somehow found a way onto our team. Plus, GMMG won't offer anything too ridiculous to get him, so if it works out, he would be worth EVERY PENNY. I can see Nash easily putting up 40+ goals (I wouldn't even be surprised if he consistently hits the 50+ goal mark) playing with the Twins (even if he doesn't mess with them at 5 on 5, he'd still get 40+ playing with Kesler 5 on 5 and with the twins on the PP.

He didn't get to play on team Canada's top line in the Olympics (or any other time) for nothing. He is a star amongst stars and would easily make our team the favorite to win 1st in the league (that is if we dont lose the twins, kesler, burrows, bieksa, hamhuis, edler, and one of our two goalies)

Thats a fair offer. Luongo has proven more as a goalie then Nash as a foward. Both players are franchise playesr for ther teams in some ways, both are all stars at their positions, and both players despite being star players, struggled this season. Nash has actually been struggling to some exent over the past seasons, if you look at this stats, he's qutie terrible for a 8 million dollar player, but if you ask me, GO FOR IT. lol.

Schneider is our guy, and theres no way Luongo would fetch us Nash straight up. Realistically, Kesler would probably have to be thrown into the deal somehow. So assuming Luongo would want to live in Columbus Ohio which is pretty far-fetched:

Luongo, Kesler, Tanev for Nash, Brassard.

Personally I don't consider Nash to be a superstar, or even a top 50 player but for some reason he is extremely hyped up. Probably cause he was a 1st overall pick. But, the fact is many teams will be bidding for him so we would probably have to overpay.

Yes, and in fact numbers don't lie. Elite players are those that reach 80+ points. Nash has yet to reach 80 points. What is your argument for him being a top 50 player in the NHL? I would consider him a top 100 player in the NHL, but at a 7.8 mil cap hit, he should be in the steven stamkos range. But regardless, Nash isn't coming here as Vancouver is officially not on his list. So this thread is done...Moving on.

Yes, and in fact numbers don't lie. Elite players are those that reach 80+ points. Nash has yet to reach 80 points. What is your argument for him being a top 50 player in the NHL? I would consider him a top 100 player in the NHL, but at a 7.8 mil cap hit, he should be in the steven stamkos range. But regardless, Nash isn't coming here as Vancouver is officially not on his list. So this thread is done...Moving on.

Archived