The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

Also the asking price is slightly albatross at this point. Howson isnt learning his mistakes yet.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-06-16/rick-nash-trade-rumors-new-york-rangers-2012-nhl-draft-flyers-red-wings-sharks

Howson still is asking for "four or five major pieces" for the big winger,

according to Newsday's Arthur Staple. Staple covers the Rangers, who were discussing a trade with Columbus in February but balked at the asking price, which reportedly included Chris Kreider. Kreider, of course, emerged as a star during the Rangers' run to the Eastern Conference finals.

99563-330-0.jpgRick Nash requested a trade out of Columbus during the season. (AP Photo)

Echoing Staple is Andy Strickland, an NHL reporter and radio host in St. Louis, who said that "two roster players and two prospects" are Columbus' starting point

Just look at what CBJ is reportedly asking for from PHI. They want Couterier, or Schenn and JVR. The Canucks don't have anything close in terms of young talent to match a package like that. If we want Nash I think people would have to be willing to move Burrows or Edler (or both) because CBJ will be asking for those guys I think.

Typical CDC idiocy.

You do realize 10 teams have contacted Howson already with 6 engaging in serious talks. Howson is a winning position right now contrary to what you think. Nash is also not an underachieving forward. He has produced 30+ goals 7 of 9 seasons and the only reason he has not hit more than 40 is because his centers have sucked.

The best center he has had has been ANTOINE FREAKING VERMETTE.

Nash has had an absolute crap team and has maximized what he could do. The reason we RIP on Luongo is because he has done the least he could do with an absolutely great time. It is a different end of the same stick. Also Rick has only 6 seasons remaining instead of 10. He is also only 28 years old and about to hit his prime rather than out of it.

Also I will explain the Higgins thing to you. Teams want players they like when they trade really good players. You are not going to get a great player like Nash by giving up a Mason Raymond.

Higgins proposals...really? I wouldn't trade Higgins for Nash straight up. Higgins has been the most consistent player all season. Even if he didn't score or get PTS he was at least putting together a solid effort when others looked tired, slow, lazy, in a slump, etc.

Higgins is a hugely valuable guy and I wouldn't even consider trading him. He will be huge for our next cup run in 2013 ;)

haha why not add Marchand while we're at it. Just imagine doing a trade with the Bruins. Just be like the Messier move all over again (to a certain degree).

Just look at what CBJ is reportedly asking for from PHI. They want Couterier, or Schenn and JVR. The Canucks don't have anything close in terms of young talent to match a package like that. If we want Nash I think people would have to be willing to move Burrows or Edler (or both) because CBJ will be asking for those guys I think.

As a Canuck fan, I like that goalie tandem more than the Blackhawks used to like seeing Lou in the play off's each year!

:bigblush:

If he goes to Toronto, we'll have to see him every Saturday night on CBC. DO NOT WANT!

Panthers have Clemmensen and Markstrom. And the Blackhawks have Crawford and Emery as a tandem.

It's what i was saying awhile ago. Schneider, not Luongo, would have to be moved for Nash. The Thomas situation eliminates Boston from the mix, leaving the Rangers and Philly and whoever else. However, the Rangers and Philly don't have a star goalie that they can part with.

Does Nash to Vancouver count as a 'bold move'?

Anyone?

Quit your daydreaming, melonhead. Cheers.

TOML

Why I think Columbus has as much chance as anywhere.

• Toronto would eat him alive if he played poorly.

• TB doesn't want him

• Columbus is in between Florida and Montreal

• Luongo is only 33 he still has time to get his elite game back, Columbus could just be a refocus period before he goes to a contender

• Maybe Gillis says that the Nash deal is by far the best offer he is getting

• For some reason he doesn't want to touch Florida

If we acqured Nash we would essentially need a tough 3rd ine grinder to replace Higgins, and hopefully sign Garrison and Shultz.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Ott Lapierre Kassian

Moen Pallson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Schultz/Tanev

Schneider

Nash, Parise, Weber...these guys could all cause locker-room chaos. These guys are big fish and team captains. Suddenly you throw them into the Nucks locker room with its core leadership, egos etc (Hank, Bieksa, Kesler) and who is captain? who is the real leader?

Think Bieksa's leadership role will be in tact if Weber signs? How about Hank with Nash on the team (makes more money and is more of a physically dominating, carry the team on his back type)?

These big acquisitions can cause issues within the team which is partly why they often don't make the huge difference everyone expects. Players are forced to take on different roles and lose influence. It can be tricky.

Higgins proposals...really? I wouldn't trade Higgins for Nash straight up. Higgins has been the most consistent player all season. Even if he didn't score or get PTS he was at least putting together a solid effort when others looked tired, slow, lazy, in a slump, etc.

Higgins is a hugely valuable guy and I wouldn't even consider trading him. He will be huge for our next cup run in 2013 ;)

haha why not add Marchand while we're at it. Just imagine doing a trade with the Bruins. Just be like the Messier move all over again (to a certain degree).

"Higgins is good he's the only winger asset we have that we can part with."

Burrows - the other toss in in this thread, has 89 goals in the last three years - Nash had 95. Burrows scores them all five on five. Burrows kills penalties. Higgins is also an all around stud. Together they make exactly half what Nash does.

Building a winner is about getting the best value dollar for dollar under the cap - not chasing after every shiny overvalued asset on the market - which is where the CDC idiocy lies.

Feel free to get in line with the other sheep willing to sell the farm. Four or five assets - crazy.

Archived