Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
345 replies to this topic

#241 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,907 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

It's starts with Schneider because that's an obvious piece that they need.

Then you have to offer up a top 6 player to help replace the loss of Nash. The only realistic options for us are Booth or raymond. And obviously Gillis is going to have a tough time selling Raymond as a top 6, so it's Booth.

Then they're going to likely want a top 6 defenceman, or high calibre defensive prospect. Ballard is obviously an option because his cap hit helps them get to the cap floor and they need a defenceman that's capable of playing in the top 4. But if they want to go younger, they're going to ask for Tanev or possibly Sauve, depending on how well Gillis negotiates.

And finally they're going to want a prospect and a pick, which could be one of many combinations. It could be a mix of Sweatt or Rodin and a 1st, or it could be Jensen or Schroeder and something like a 2nd or a third.

Of course this is just what they're asking for. That doesn't mean any team has to pay it. IMO it could be anything from Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Schroeder, and a 3rd, to Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Sweatt, and a 1st. If the pric is that high though, I'd be asking for their 2nd round pick back with Nash to help counter the loss of our first.

The way I look at it is, Nash is an immediate upgrade over Booth. This team is still strong with Luongo and Lack. Ballard or Tanev can be replaced in free agency. And Schroeder is likely going to run into the same wall that Hodgson did on this team. So really, IMO this move would make us stronger now

the only piece i would try to work around, if at all possible, is Booth. honesty, I'd rather try to see if they would take Burr instead, as nash would be playing with the twins upon his arrival.

#242 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Not sure if serious or just being a homer...?

Nash can single-handedly carry a team on his back.

Kesler can barely carry his own line.

Yes. Nash certainly has carried that team on his back. To the basement. It's easier to go down the stairs than climb them.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#243 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Lindros was a more dominant force than Forsberg in his prime.

No way! Disagree!!!

#244 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Forget the comparison ...

Could Nash help? Is he a missing piece to go for it while Sedins are in prime?

Yes

Is he worth taking a risk on?

Yes

But we can't give up so much that we damage our window. We can damage the beginning of our next window, but not this one.

That in mind, only prospects and a goalie an picks... Take it or leave it. Or a player who would get no ice time here

Edited by canucksnihilist, 18 June 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#245 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

A

Edited by canucksnihilist, 18 June 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#246 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

the only piece i would try to work around, if at all possible, is Booth. honesty, I'd rather try to see if they would take Burr instead, as nash would be playing with the twins upon his arrival.

Agreed 100%. People treat Burrows like he's untouchable here. Booth in our top 6>Burrows in our top 6.

Edited by ButterBean, 18 June 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#247 y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

It's starts with Schneider because that's an obvious piece that they need.

Then you have to offer up a top 6 player to help replace the loss of Nash. The only realistic options for us are Booth or raymond. And obviously Gillis is going to have a tough time selling Raymond as a top 6, so it's Booth.

Then they're going to likely want a top 6 defenceman, or high calibre defensive prospect. Ballard is obviously an option because his cap hit helps them get to the cap floor and they need a defenceman that's capable of playing in the top 4. But if they want to go younger, they're going to ask for Tanev or possibly Sauve, depending on how well Gillis negotiates.

And finally they're going to want a prospect and a pick, which could be one of many combinations. It could be a mix of Sweatt or Rodin and a 1st, or it could be Jensen or Schroeder and something like a 2nd or a third.

Of course this is just what they're asking for. That doesn't mean any team has to pay it. IMO it could be anything from Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Schroeder, and a 3rd, to Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Sweatt, and a 1st. If the pric is that high though, I'd be asking for their 2nd round pick back with Nash to help counter the loss of our first.

The way I look at it is, Nash is an immediate upgrade over Booth. This team is still strong with Luongo and Lack. Ballard or Tanev can be replaced in free agency. And Schroeder is likely going to run into the same wall that Hodgson did on this team. So really, IMO this move would make us stronger now

What makes you think Columbus is a cap floor team? We have the 8th highest payroll, they have the 11th highest. I highly doubt someone like Keith Ballard is all that attractive to them.

If we want Rick Nash it would likely cost Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Schroeder and a 1st round pick. I definitely would do this deal, and then look to see what it will take to bring in Brandon Dubinsky to take over for Booth on the second line.

#248 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

What makes you think Columbus is a cap floor team? We have the 8th highest payroll, they have the 11th highest. I highly doubt someone like Keith Ballard is all that attractive to them.

If we want Rick Nash it would likely cost Schneider, Booth, Tanev, Schroeder and a 1st round pick. I definitely would do this deal, and then look to see what it will take to bring in Brandon Dubinsky to take over for Booth on the second line.

What? A team has to be at least at the cap floor otherwise they get a huge penalty

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#249 Paul_Kariya28

Paul_Kariya28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Remove Schroeder and the 1st, change it to Kesler, and maybe Howson will consider it. Booth, Tanev and Schroeder don't have much value

#250 ms stanley

ms stanley

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

For Schneider it could.

For Schneider+ it could happen.

There's a little thing called "salary cap" and trading it both ways.

#251 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Remove Schroeder and the 1st, change it to Kesler, and maybe Howson will consider it. Booth, Tanev and Schroeder don't have much value

That hit you took from Suter really fragmented the hard drive didn't it.

#252 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hate to break it to u

But Nash isn't Mario Lemieux or Gretzky

He is glen Anderson

#253 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hate to break it to u

But Nash isn't Mario Lemieux or Gretzky

He is glen Anderson

Glen Anderson was a huge complimentary piece to an already great team, just like Nash would be.

He put up 117 points in 99 games, in their 5 cup wins. If Nash could perform anywhere near that in the playoffs, I would give up half the farm for him.

Edited by DeNiro, 18 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

#254 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Glen Anderson was a huge complimentary piece to an already great team, just like Nash would be.

He put up 117 points in 99 games, in their 5 cup wins. If Nash could perform anywhere near that in the playoffs, I would give up half the farm for him.

What about a 3-way trade avoiding the Rangers all together?

To ?????: Luongo+

To Columbus: ?????+

To Vancouver: Nash(+)

Sorry about posting this on 2 different threads, goofy internet.

Edited by Frédéric Chopin, 19 June 2012 - 12:17 AM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#255 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Big whoop!

He had one great playoff series out of nine he has played in.

I'm Sorry, , exactly how many great playoff series has Nash had? 0/1 with 3 points in 4 games? Outstanding. I wouldn't use playoff stats to argue why you believe Nash is better than Kesler, look elsewhere bud.
Posted Image

#256 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Okay, I will.

53 points in 54 games representing Team Canada.

14y1kj4.jpg

#257 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Is anyone else really really tired of the Nash drama? Deadline day, draft day - maybe Columbus has no intention of trading him, but really really needs attention.

#258 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Kesler has a Selke Trophy, and is big on the penalty kill and the powerplay. Kesler's type is exactly what every team wants
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#259 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Okay, I will.

53 points in 54 games representing Team Canada.

great and if the Canucks were team Canada then they should be all over trading for Nash, for whatever reason some players just play better for their country, like Demitra in the Olympics. Not a bad thing at all its just the way it is.

Even if he was guaranteed to get a point per game in the regular season and playoffs it is not worth the cap hit + the assests that have to be given up to get him. Just my opinion though and if MG sees it differently obviously I am in no position to say otherwise.
Posted Image

#260 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Heatley played with Thornton and crap the bed. To say Nash with the sedins would dominate is all speculation. And umm no, Parise is worth nowhere near 8 million. That's absolutely ridiculous. He's a 6.5 million dollar guy at best, but of course teams will overpay to get him. That doesn't mean he's worth it though.

Yes, scoring was a problem, but we would have had to score 9 goals in the 2 games we lost in order to win those games in Boston. I don't think Rick Nash could get us 9 goals in a game.

Wow, if you think he's one of the best talents in the game, then I give up trying to convince you otherwise. Have you not learned from Glen Sather's mistakes? :picard:

edit: Nash does not want to come here:
http://sports.yahoo....39506--nhl.html

End thread.

i guess you've never heard of cause and effect? we have the offensive output a power forward would bring and get an early lead we build momentum. the bruins don't get 4or 5 goals a game. would help even more if we get that superstar defenseman. you cant just look at how many goals they got and say we needed x amount to win.

ps i dont think Gillis goes to yahoo! and sees Nash doesnt want to come here and packs it in.

#261 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Um I think Columbus said they wanted 5 pieces coming back? Jeeze :rolleyes:

lol throw in Hamhius i guess.

#262 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Rick Nash finished 59th in NHL scoring...For what he makes, he is overrated.

#263 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

great and if the Canucks were team Canada then they should be all over trading for Nash, for whatever reason some players just play better for their country, like Demitra in the Olympics. Not a bad thing at all its just the way it is.

Even if he was guaranteed to get a point per game in the regular season and playoffs it is not worth the cap hit + the assests that have to be given up to get him. Just my opinion though and if MG sees it differently obviously I am in no position to say otherwise.

Nash can change an outcome of a game with one shift all by himself. The guy is a former Rocket Richard winner at the age of 19 (in the dead puck era), and has had 6 30+ goals seasons. His points total isn't as spectacular as other superstars because he hasn't had any supporting cast in Columbus, since being drafted. If you think Kesler is better player than Nash, you either don't watch hockey or you're a blind homer.

14y1kj4.jpg

#264 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Nash can change an outcome of a game with one shift all by himself. The guy is a former Rocket Richard winner at the age of 19 (in the dead puck era), and has had 6 30+ goals seasons. His points total isn't as spectacular as other superstars because he hasn't had any supporting cast in Columbus, since being drafted. If you think Kesler is better player than Nash, you either don't watch hockey or you're a blind homer.

Don't worry, there seems to be alot of people on here that don't realize how good Nash actually is.

Posted Image

#265 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Rick Nash finished 59th in NHL scoring...For what he makes, he is overrated.

Hard to stay motivated let alone actually play up to your potential when your season is over by January.
Posted Image

#266 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Lindros was a more dominant force than Forsberg in his prime.

No way! Disagree!!!

Spoken like some young kid who never saw Lindros play!

Lindros was just SOOOOOOO much more dominant than Forsberg in their primes, it's not even a comparison...
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#267 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Just google Nash highlights...the guy is amazing on an unbelievably bad team...hes bigger, faster and has better hands than Kes. I love Kesler but sorry.......Nash is the better hockey player...by quite a bit actually.

#268 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yes, and in fact numbers don't lie. Elite players are those that reach 80+ points. Nash has yet to reach 80 points. What is your argument for him being a top 50 player in the NHL? I would consider him a top 100 player in the NHL, but at a 7.8 mil cap hit, he should be in the steven stamkos range. But regardless, Nash isn't coming here as Vancouver is officially not on his list. So this thread is done...Moving on.

Dude its a 7.2 cap hit and if you really followed the game you'd realize that Nash is pretty amazing. There is a reason every team wants him....are you calling 30 GM's with the combined hockey knowlege of over 250 years wrong?

#269 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

OMG did you just say that?

I know right....paaaiiinnful...

#270 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Dude its a 7.2 cap hit and if you really followed the game you'd realize that Nash is pretty amazing. There is a reason every team wants him....are you calling 30 GM's with the combined hockey knowlege of over 250 years wrong?

Dude its $7.8 million.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.