Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

These 6 corporations control 90% of media in America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

This infographic created by Jason at Frugal Dad shows that almost all media comes from the same six sources.

That's consolidated from 50 companies back in 1983.
NOTE: This infographic is from last year and is missing some key transactions.GE does not own NBC (or Comcast or any media) anymore. So that 6th company is now Comcast. And Time Warner doesn't own AOL, so Huffington Post isn't affiliated with them.
But the fact that a few companies own everything demonstrates "the illusion of choice," Frugal Dad says. While some big sites, like Digg and Reddit aren't owned by any of the corporations, Time Warner owns news sites read by millions of Americans every year.
Here's the graphic:
Posted Image

http://www.businessi...-america-2012-6

Edited by key2thecup, 16 June 2012 - 08:10 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#2 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

The list is just as short for Canada.
Postmedia, Shaw, Quebecor, Bell, Torstar, Rogers.
Posted Image

#3 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

The Irony of your presentation here is that its all propaganda in itself.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#4 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Oligopolies have existed from time immemorial, this isn't new - just the fancy 'infographic' is new; in fact, despite what graphic designers believe, even 'infographics' aren't really that new either.

#5 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Reminds me of this infographic (regarding food):

Posted Image

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#6 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Reminds me of this infographic (regarding food):

Posted Image

+ for that, good one.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#7 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Three can play this game!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#8 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#9 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,943 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Monsanto is evil, evil, evil.

They want to patent life and seeds and crops so that if you're a farmer you have no choice but to buy their products.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#10 votrechien

votrechien

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

This might have been disconcerning 10 years ago, but today the majority of us turn to the internet, be it Facebook, Twitter, independent blogs, etc. for our news. Really, these companies control 90 percent of cable television, not the media.
No advertising please.

#11 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

GAME OVER: These two families own everything, including money, especially the Rothschilds.

Posted Image

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#12 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'm surprised it's as high as 6, I thought it was more like 2 or 3.

#13 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

GAME OVER: These two families own everything, including money, especially the Rothschilds.

Posted Image

They own conspiracy theorists, that's for sure.

Edited by zaibatsu, 17 June 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#14 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

They own conspiracy theorists, that's for sure.

I'd ask you to get a clue but far be it from me to demand the impossible.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#15 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'd ask you to get a clue but far be it from me to demand the impossible.

The family of Rothschilds aren't their property, unless that image's statement is the Rothschilds own each other (unless the insinuation is a couple banks = the entire world, which I wouldn't doubt the hyperbole of given how hilariously outrageous this particular conspiracy is), which would be incestuous and downright creepy.. so it isn't in the slightest bit informing like the other images in this topic are, just, along with your commentary, passing along conspiracy theories much like a crack pipe in dire need of being put down.

Edited by zaibatsu, 17 June 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#16 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Forbes Rich List 2011: The Top 10

Rank Billionaire Net Worth (USD) Details 1 Carlos Slim (Mexico) $74 bn Telecom king Carlos Slim from Mexico easily retains his top position this year. In fact, his net worth increased by more than $20 bn this year, which has given him a huge lead in terms of wealth over all the others on the list. The 71 year old, with all his wealth, still lives a frugal lifestyle much to the surprise of many people. He is also involved in projects that work towards the betterment of poverty, literacy, healthcare and sports, in Latin America. 2 Bill Gates (USA) $56 bn Founder of the world's largest software company Microsoft, Bill Gates who is now completely into charity, saw his fortune increase by $3 bn over last year. A noteworthy point is that, this gentleman has already donated around $28 bn of his fortune to charity, and has pledged much more in the coming years. 3 Warren Buffett (USA) $50 bn Investor businessman Warren Buffet has also increased his wealth by $3 bn. He has set an extraordinary example to the world by pledging to give away 99% of his wealth to charity over time. Already, he has donated close to $8 bn. 4 Bernard Arnault (France) $41 bn French Bernard Arnault is up 3 places from last year. His wealth in this one year has risen by nearly $14 bn. Bernard, who is 62 years of age, has it in him to even push up further in this list, with the manner in which his business tactics and acquisitions depict. 5 Lawrence Ellison (USA) $39.5 bn US billionaire Larry Ellison has moved up 14 spot in this year's list. Over the year, his fortune has increased by $11.5 bn. He is the founder and CEO of Oracle, and we could see his wealth increasing dramatically over the current year too. 6 Lakshmi Mittal (India) $31.1 bn Steel magnate Mittal managed to increase his wealth over last year by $2.4 bn. This saw him drop a spot in the top 10. He heads ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steel manufacturer. His donates huge amounts in India to encourage sports. 7 Amancio Ortega (Spain) $31 bn Amancio Ortega's company Inditex, is the world's largest clothing retailer. Over the year, he has increased his net worth by $6 bn, which has pushed him up by 2 places in the current list. He is known to be an extremely private person and never gives any interviews whatsoever. 8 Eike Batista (Brazil) $30 bn Eike increased his wealth by $3 bn in the last one year, which helped him retain his number 8 position this year too. He is into mining and oil, and though he has not moved up any spot this year, he still vows to be the richest man in the world one day. And why not, at 54, he has age on his side. 9 Mukesh Ambani (India) $27 bn Mukesh, who is the boss of Reliance Industries, involved in oil, gas and petrochemicals, saw his worth diminish by $2 bn, which resulted in a drop of 5 places this year. But he is still in his 50s and with all that he is involved in, will surely be able to increase his wealth to a large extent in the coming years. 10 Christy Walton & Family (USA) $26.5 bn Last to make it on the top ten list is Christy Walton & Family from the United States. The only new entrant in this year's top 10, Christy is the widow of John Walton, who was the son of the founder of Wal-Mart, Sam Walton. Wal-Mart as we know is the largest retail chain in the whole world

These articles implied that they are all-inclusive lists. However, it becomes clear that they are not complete lists when they excludes such prominent wealthy persons such as: Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth - Queen of England, Her Royal Majesty Beatrix - Queen of the Netherlands (known as the wealthiest woman in the world), Her Royal Majesty Margaret the II - Queen of Denmark, Her Royal Majesty Sofia - Queen of Spain, Sir Muda Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzadin Waddaulah - The Sultan of Brunei, Darussalam, King Fahd - Monarch of Saudi Arabia, Emir Shaikh Jabir al-Ahmad al-Jabir as-Sabah - King of Kuwait, Sultan Qabus bin Said - King of Oman, Emir & Prime Minister Khalifah ibn Hamad ath-Thani - King of Qatar, President Zaid ibn Sultan an-Nahayan - Ruler of the United Arab Emirates, Haydar Abu Bakr-al Attas - Prime Minister of Yemen, Amir isa bin Sulman al-Khalifa - King of Bahrain, the House of Rothschild, the Wallenberg interests, the Warburg interests, the Schiff interests, or many others. The ultra-rich are very likely members of the Inner Circle of the Elite and do not want their massive wealth to be known by the public, therefore, they are not likely to be listed by Forbes magazine or any other news media.

Edited by puckinloveicehockey, 17 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#17 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,292 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

your tinfoil hat is showing.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 17 June 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#18 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

your tinfoil hat is showing.

I'd rather wear a tinfoil hat than wear the entire earth as a helmet.

#19 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

The family of Rothschilds aren't their property, unless that image's statement is the Rothschilds own each other (unless the insinuation is a couple banks = the entire world, which I wouldn't doubt the hyperbole of given how hilariously outrageous this particular conspiracy is), which would be incestuous and downright creepy.. so it isn't in the slightest bit informing like the other images in this topic are, just, along with your commentary, passing along conspiracy theories much like a crack pipe in dire need of being put down.

You've simply failed at interpreting the the chart (that was taken from forbes.com, which I'm sure you have no problem ingesting). Not to mention the individuals at the top of each list died in 1812 (Rothschild) and 1937 (Rockefeller).

What I perceived as creepy however and most certainly; was your somehow interpreting the chart in some incestuous manner. Wow.

Anyways, it was related to the Rothschilds recently buying a 37% stake in the Rockefeller empire. The individuals named within the grey boxes are deceased and the individuals named within the orange boxes remain alive.

And yeah, a couple banks such as the Bank of England and the US Federal Reserve. :rolleyes:

And I'd much rather continue watching The Money Masters than address the rest of your usual unrefined fatuity.

#20 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

You've simply failed at interpreting the the chart (that was taken from forbes.com, which I'm sure you have no problem ingesting). Not to mention the individuals at the top of each list died in 1812 (Rothschild) and 1937 (Rockefeller).

What I perceived as creepy however and most certainly; was your somehow interpreting the chart in some incestuous manner. Wow.

Anyways, it was related to the Rothschilds recently buying a 37% stake in the Rockefeller empire. The individuals named within the grey boxes are deceased and the individuals named within the orange boxes remain alive.

And yeah, a couple banks such as the Bank of England and the US Federal Reserve. :rolleyes:

And I'd much rather continue watching The Money Masters than address the rest of your usual unrefined fatuity.

I didn't fail at interpreting the chart, I was making fun of your conspiracy and the incest connections also cited in said conspiracy. Obviously it's over your head, and since you're getting creeped out by the incest hyperbolism that encompasses your own conspiracy you parade around, perhaps it's time to move on, or check yourself into a psychiatric centre...

If the Rothschilds own "everything" then why are so few banks listed? If they own the Federal Reserve system, why doesn't your image show all 12 of their banks valued at several trillion dollars? Oh no, a Chase Manhattan Bank that eventually turned into JP Morgan Chase.. after numerous fails in creating a Rothschilds bank in the US, they put money into an already successful American Bank, which is only one of four, and somehow this is them owning all but a few countries in the world? Yeah okay buddy. Sip on more of that hyperbole kool-aid.

Edited by zaibatsu, 18 June 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#21 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

I didn't fail at interpreting the chart, I was making fun of your conspiracy and the incest connections also cited in said conspiracy. Obviously it's over your head, and since you're getting creeped out by the incest hyperbolism that encompasses your own conspiracy you parade around, perhaps it's time to move on, or check yourself into a psychiatric centre...

If the Rothschilds own "everything" then why are so few banks listed? If they own the Federal Reserve system, why doesn't your image show all 12 of their banks valued at several trillion dollars? Oh no, a Chase Manhattan Bank that eventually turned into JP Morgan Chase.. after numerous fails in creating a Rothschilds bank in the US, they put money into an already successful American Bank, which is only one of four, and somehow this is them owning all but a few countries in the world? Yeah okay buddy. Sip on more of that hyperbole kool-aid.

The privately owned Federal Reserve is not a government agency. The
privately owned Federal Reserve Bank (The Fed) is privately owned by a group
of primarily foreign bankers. In 1913, Congress sank America into eternal
debt by giving the power to issue currency and control the American economic
system to the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. Who are the owners or
chief shareholders of the privately owned Federal Reserve? Originally,
there were reportedly 203,053 shares of privately owned Federal Reserve
stock, of which approximately 65% were owned by foreigners and approximately
35%(72,000 shares) were:
1. Rockefellers' National City Bank = 30,000 shares
2. Chase National = 6,000 shares (currently Chase Manhattan and owned by
David Rockefeller)
3. The National Bank of Commerce = 21,000 shares (now known as Morgan
Guaranty Trust)
4. Morgans' First national Bank = 15,000 shares
Interestingly, the total shares owned by Rockefellers interests equal
36,000 shares and the total of Morgans' equals 36,000 shares.
Although the privately owned Federal Reserve Act of 1913 provided the names
of the owner banks be kept a secret, R.E. McMaster, publisher of the
newsletter" The Reaper" discovered, through confidential Swiss banking
connections, that the following banks have controlling interest in the
privately owned Federal Reserve
1. Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin
2. Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
3. Israel Moses Sieff Banks of Italy
4. Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam
5. Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York
6. Lehman Brothers Bank of New York
7. Goldman Sachs Bank of New York
8. Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (Controlled By Rockefellers)

In his impeccably researched book "Secrets of the Privately Owned Federal
Reserve", Eustace Mullins states: "Because the privately owned Federal
Reserve Bank of New York sets interest rates and controls the daily supply
of price of currency throughout America, the owners of that bank are the
real directors of that whole system. These shareholders have controlled our
political and economic destinies since 1913." Those shareholders making up
Mullins' list are almost identical to the one compiled by the Swiss banking
source.
1. The Rothschild's
2. Lazard Freres (Eugene Mayer)
3. Israel Sieff
4. Kuhn Loeb Company
5. Warburg Company
6. Lehman Brothers
7. Goldman Sachs
8. The Rockefeller family and J.P. Morgan interests

Sounds like a real group of American Patriots, doesn't it!
THE INVISIBLE GOVERNMENT
The day before the privately owned Federal Reserve Act passed, Congressman
Charles Lindberg Sr. said: "The money trust deliberately caused the 1907
money panic and thereby forced Congress to create a National Monetary
Commission which led to the ultimate creation of the privately owned Federal
Reserve Bank. The Federal Reserve Act establishes the most gigantic
monetary trust on earth. When the President signs the bill, the invisible
government of the Monetary Powers will be legalized. The people must make a
declaration of independence to relieve themselves from the Monetary Powers,
by taking control of Congress!... The worst legislative crime of the ages
is perpetrated by this banking bill. The caucus and the party bosses have
again operated and prevented the people from getting the benefit of their
own government!" How did the monetary powers manipulate the passage of the
Federal Reserve Act?
Senator Nelson Aldrich was named as chairman of the Monetary Commission,
which was like naming a cat to design the canary cage. Aldrich was the
maternal grandfather of Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller of Standard Oil and Chase
Manhattan Bank, through the marriage of his daughter, Abby Greene Aldrich to
John D. Rockefeller Jr. The Rockefellers have been the largest
beneficiaries of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. The chief
architect of the plan was Paul Warburg, a Rothschild agent who was salaried
at $500,000.00 a year (equivalent to about 5 million dollars today).
Another member of the monetary commission was Jacob Schiff of Kuhn-Loeb and
Co., who helped finance the Bolshevik revolution in Russia with a $20
Million contribution. Schiff was born in a home shared with the Rothschild'
s in Frankfurt, Germany.
On November 22, 1910, Aldrich and the rest of the Monetary Commission met
at a private hunting club of J.P. Morgan on Jekyll Island, Georgia, to draft
a bill that would put the economic future of the United States into the
hands of a few private Money Powers. The original bill was the highly
unpopular Owen-Glass Bill. The name of the bill was later changed to the
Federal Reserve Act. The timing of the vote for the Federal Reserve Act was
engineered by its promoters. It was passed hastily in effort to break for
Christmas on December 23, 1913, while the majority of opposing Congressmen
were on Christmas vacation. Then, when elected, the banker financed
Woodrow Wilson immediately signed the Federal Reserve Act.
Within months of starting the privately owned Federal Reserve, individual
Income Taxes were created to pay for this new bankers' interest expense.
The taxes of American Citizens pay the interest on all new "debt
certificate" currency and credit issued by the privately owned Federal
Reserve

Chart of who "owns" the Federal Reserve

Chart 1

Federal Reserve Directors: A Study of Corporate and Banking Influence

Published 1976
Chart 1 reveals the linear connection between the Rothschilds and the Bank of England, and the London banking houses which ultimately control the Federal Reserve Banks through their stockholdings of bank stock and their subsidiary firms in New York. The two principal Rothschild representatives in New York, J. P. Morgan Co., and Kuhn,Loeb & Co. were the firms which set up the Jekyll Island Conference at which the Federal Reserve Act was drafted, who directed the subsequent successful campaign to have the plan enacted into law by Congress, and who purchased the controlling amounts of stock in the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in 1914. These firms had their principal officers appointed to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors and the Federal Advisory Council in 1914. In 1914 a few families (blood or business related) owning controlling stock in existing banks (such as in New York City) caused those banks to purchase controlling shares in the Federal Reserve regional banks. Examination of the charts and text in the House Banking Committee Staff Report of August, 1976 and the current stockholders list of the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks show this same family control.

N.M. Rothschild , London - Bank of England

| Banking | Corp.
| |
Brown, Shipley - Morgan Grenfell - Lazard - |
& Company & Company Brothers |
| | | |
--------------------| -------| | |
| | | | | |
Alex Brown - Brown Bros. - Lord Mantagu - Morgan et Cie -- Lazard ---|
& Son | Harriman Norman | Paris Bros |
| | / | N.Y. |
| | | | | |
| Governor, Bank | J.P. Morgan Co -- Lazard ---|
| of England / N.Y. Morgan Freres |
| 1924-1938 / Guaranty Co. Paris |
| / Morgan Stanley Co. | /
| / | \Schroder Bank
| / | Hamburg/Berlin
| / Drexel & Company /
| / Philadelphia /
| / /
| / Lord Airlie
| / /
| / M. M. Warburg Chmn J. Henry Schroder
| | Hamburg --------- marr. Virginia F. Ryan
| | | grand-daughter of Otto
| | | Kahn of Kuhn Loeb Co.
| | |
| | |
Lehman Brothers N.Y -------------- Kuhn Loeb Co. N. Y.
| | --------------------------
µ
| | | |
| | | |
Lehman Brothers - Mont. Alabama Solomon Loeb Abraham Kuhn
| | __|______________________|_________
Lehman-Stern, New Orleans Jacob Schiff/Theresa Loeb Nina Loeb/Paul Warburg
------------------------- | | |
| | Mortimer Schiff James Paul Warburg
_____________|_______________/ |
| | | | |
Mayer Lehman | Emmanuel Lehman \
| | | \
Herbert Lehman Irving Lehman \
| | | \
Arthur Lehman \ Phillip Lehman John Schiff/Edith Brevoort Baker
/ | Present Chairman Lehman Bros
/ Robert Owen Lehman Kuhn Loeb - Granddaughter of
/ | George F. Baker
| / |
| / |
| / Lehman Bros Kuhn Loeb (1980)
| / |
| / Thomas Fortune Ryan
| | |
| | |
Federal Reserve Bank Of New York |
|||||||| |
______National City Bank N. Y. |
| | |
| National Bank of Commerce N.Y ---|
| | \
| Hanover National Bank N.Y. \
| | \
| Chase National Bank N.Y. \
| |
| |
Shareholders - National City Bank - N.Y. |
----------------------------------------- |
| /
James Stillman /
Elsie m. William Rockefeller /
Isabel m. Percy Rockefeller /
William Rockefeller Shareholders - National Bank of Commerce N. Y.
J. P. Morgan -----------------------------------------------
M.T. Pyne Equitable Life - J.P. Morgan
Percy Pyne Mutual Life - J.P. Morgan
J.W. Sterling H.P. Davison - J. P. Morgan
NY Trust/NY Edison Mary W. Harriman
Shearman & Sterling A.D. Jiullard - North British Merc. Insurance
| Jacob Schiff
| Thomas F. Ryan
| Paul Warburg
| Levi P. Morton - Guaranty Trust - J. P. Morgan
|
|
Shareholders - First National Bank of N.Y.
-------------------------------------------
J.P. Morgan
George F. Baker
George F. Baker Jr.
Edith Brevoort Baker
US Congress - 1946-64
|
|
|
|
|
Shareholders - Hanover National Bank N.Y.
------------------------------------------
James Stillman
William Rockefeller
|
|
|
|
|
Shareholders - Chase National Bank N.Y.
---------------------------------------
George F. Baker

Edited by puckinloveicehockey, 18 June 2012 - 06:56 AM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#22 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,485 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

So...I'm trying to understand everyone's point.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
If good - why?
If bad - why?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#23 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Forbes Rich List 2011: The Top 10

Rank Billionaire Net Worth (USD) Details 1 Carlos Slim (Mexico) $74 bn Telecom king Carlos Slim from Mexico easily retains his top position this year. In fact, his net worth increased by more than $20 bn this year, which has given him a huge lead in terms of wealth over all the others on the list. The 71 year old, with all his wealth, still lives a frugal lifestyle much to the surprise of many people. He is also involved in projects that work towards the betterment of poverty, literacy, healthcare and sports, in Latin America. 2 Bill Gates (USA) $56 bn Founder of the world's largest software company Microsoft, Bill Gates who is now completely into charity, saw his fortune increase by $3 bn over last year. A noteworthy point is that, this gentleman has already donated around $28 bn of his fortune to charity, and has pledged much more in the coming years. 3 Warren Buffett (USA) $50 bn Investor businessman Warren Buffet has also increased his wealth by $3 bn. He has set an extraordinary example to the world by pledging to give away 99% of his wealth to charity over time. Already, he has donated close to $8 bn. 4 Bernard Arnault (France) $41 bn French Bernard Arnault is up 3 places from last year. His wealth in this one year has risen by nearly $14 bn. Bernard, who is 62 years of age, has it in him to even push up further in this list, with the manner in which his business tactics and acquisitions depict. 5 Lawrence Ellison (USA) $39.5 bn US billionaire Larry Ellison has moved up 14 spot in this year's list. Over the year, his fortune has increased by $11.5 bn. He is the founder and CEO of Oracle, and we could see his wealth increasing dramatically over the current year too. 6 Lakshmi Mittal (India) $31.1 bn Steel magnate Mittal managed to increase his wealth over last year by $2.4 bn. This saw him drop a spot in the top 10. He heads ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steel manufacturer. His donates huge amounts in India to encourage sports. 7 Amancio Ortega (Spain) $31 bn Amancio Ortega's company Inditex, is the world's largest clothing retailer. Over the year, he has increased his net worth by $6 bn, which has pushed him up by 2 places in the current list. He is known to be an extremely private person and never gives any interviews whatsoever. 8 Eike Batista (Brazil) $30 bn Eike increased his wealth by $3 bn in the last one year, which helped him retain his number 8 position this year too. He is into mining and oil, and though he has not moved up any spot this year, he still vows to be the richest man in the world one day. And why not, at 54, he has age on his side. 9 Mukesh Ambani (India) $27 bn Mukesh, who is the boss of Reliance Industries, involved in oil, gas and petrochemicals, saw his worth diminish by $2 bn, which resulted in a drop of 5 places this year. But he is still in his 50s and with all that he is involved in, will surely be able to increase his wealth to a large extent in the coming years. 10 Christy Walton & Family (USA) $26.5 bn Last to make it on the top ten list is Christy Walton & Family from the United States. The only new entrant in this year's top 10, Christy is the widow of John Walton, who was the son of the founder of Wal-Mart, Sam Walton. Wal-Mart as we know is the largest retail chain in the whole world

These articles implied that they are all-inclusive lists. However, it becomes clear that they are not complete lists when they excludes such prominent wealthy persons such as: Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth - Queen of England, Her Royal Majesty Beatrix - Queen of the Netherlands (known as the wealthiest woman in the world), Her Royal Majesty Margaret the II - Queen of Denmark, Her Royal Majesty Sofia - Queen of Spain, Sir Muda Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzadin Waddaulah - The Sultan of Brunei, Darussalam, King Fahd - Monarch of Saudi Arabia, Emir Shaikh Jabir al-Ahmad al-Jabir as-Sabah - King of Kuwait, Sultan Qabus bin Said - King of Oman, Emir & Prime Minister Khalifah ibn Hamad ath-Thani - King of Qatar, President Zaid ibn Sultan an-Nahayan - Ruler of the United Arab Emirates, Haydar Abu Bakr-al Attas - Prime Minister of Yemen, Amir isa bin Sulman al-Khalifa - King of Bahrain, the House of Rothschild, the Wallenberg interests, the Warburg interests, the Schiff interests, or many others. The ultra-rich are very likely members of the Inner Circle of the Elite and do not want their massive wealth to be known by the public, therefore, they are not likely to be listed by Forbes magazine or any other news media.

Umm... no. The reason royalty is not on the list is that royalty doesn't own a lot of their "property", techinically the state does. For instance, the queen could not sell the royal palace. She does not get to decide who inherits it when she dies. Whoever becomes the next monarch gets to live there.

The reason why the Rothschilds are not on the list is that their fortune is split now between hundreds of descendants. So while the family as a whole is extremely rich, no idividual member of that family is in the top few INDIVUDUALS. Also, many of the individuals in the Rothschilds family are spoiled brats and bad businessmen. So while some members have kept their banking business going and added to their wealth, many others have lived a playboy lifestyle and squandered much of their wealth.

#24 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

So...I'm trying to understand everyone's point.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
If good - why?
If bad - why?

Definitely bad, you can't get a balanced perspective on the news if everything is coming from the same source. Actually it's even worse than that, because the way things are you get the illusion of a balanced perspective, which is even more deceiving.

#25 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,485 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Definitely bad, you can't get a balanced perspective on the news if everything is coming from the same source. Actually it's even worse than that, because the way things are you get the illusion of a balanced perspective, which is even more deceiving.

Watching "news" the past few decades and my take is all news is slanted.
It doesn't matter if there's 60 sources or 1 - they all say the same thing anyways...plus they tend to focus on "bad" events.
It's entertainment now - most of it is sensationalized.
I hardly ever watch the news "live" anymore - I guess I'm jaded.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#26 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

If anyone actually cares about the news and what's going on in the world, they wouldn't get 100% of their news from American TV. You can easily change your 'informational diet' by going online and reading whatever sources you want. Unfortunately, this trend of consolidation is bad for the fat and lazy who do nothing but watch TV, which even more unfortunately seems to make up a large % of the population.

#27 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

You failed utterly at both interpreting the chart as well as trying to act intelligent...but if you prefer digging your way out of a hole, suit yourself.

My words were obviously serious and the chart was simply tongue and cheek to play along with the others posting various charts.

But even the densest would not utter something like: "If they own the Federal Reserve system, why doesn't your image show all 12 of their banks valued at several trillion dollars? (thanks for the good laugh by the way).

Furthermore, being that the Federal Reserve is a corporation that is owned by other banks and is not a publicly traded corporation, the SEC isn't required to publicize its shareholders (which is also why Bernanke refused the name them as well as naming who received the trillions of $ they shelled out).

But I'm sure you'll believe it once the mainstream mass media publishes a chart for you through your hypnotist box sitting in the corner or hanging on the wall of your living room. That's why people like you get angry at Ben Bernanke when it comes to the Fed.

Yes yes, we all know you are naturally skeptical of the government and media while you consume and ingest everything they throw at you.

And again, I will simply refrain from addressing the rest of your usual unrefined fatuity and verbal diarrhea.

#28 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

This might have been disconcerning 10 years ago, but today the majority of us turn to the internet, be it Facebook, Twitter, independent blogs, etc. for our news. Really, these companies control 90 percent of cable television, not the media.

so instead of NewsCorp and Time Warneryou are turning to Google and Microsoft
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#29 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

so instead of NewsCorp and Time Warneryou are turning to Google and Microsoft

There's a reason why governments want to implement heavy restrictions and censoring on the internet.

#30 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

no worries, aliens will deal with evil rockefellers!!!!!!!!! Americans better vote for Ron Paul

Edited by Instigator, 18 June 2012 - 08:26 PM.

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.