The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen,Schroeder,Kassian

Peaches

I love the credit that people are giving kassian. He was not good on the 4th (or any other line) last year showed no signs of having hands and you want him on the 2nd. He needs a year in Chicago. If he makes the club it's on the 4th but can't see that helping him or us.

Guest Dasein

I really want to call you a moron, so I will. Kassian in my mind should be playing with the Sedins. We need a power forward up with the Sedins, I don't know how many times I will have to say this, Burrows can go down to playing with Kesler/Booth/ whoever it may be on the second, and we'll be fine. The Sedins need someone to stick up for them and it will be Kassian, give him a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS, because Vigneault was stupid in how he used Kassian, hopefully he gives Kassian more of a shot to play with the top line for a few games, Sedins need added protection and support, Burrows isn't it, even though he's good, Kassian will complement the Sedins better, case closed.

It'll be fun to see them as a line on their own in the Pre-Season!!

But I think Jensen could use a year with the Wolves. I like the chances for Schroeder making the team. Could see Jordan being part of the 3rd line with Hansen and Lappierre. That would be a very speedy third line with a nasty fore check, and Schroeder would up that lines skill level.

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Booth - Kesler/Higgins - Higgins/MayRay - until Ryan comes back

Shroeder/Raymond - Lappy - Hansen

Kassian - Malholtra - Volpatti/Weise

I like the look of that line-up. However if the track record of MG tells us anything come July 4th or so you will see a whole lot of change to the line-up

Moron.

Sedins don't need protection. Sedins need a defensive mastermind on their line with some offensive capabilities.

Burrows isn't on the Sedin line just because he can score. He's there because he is very good defensively to make up for the Sedins being poor in their own zone.

We put a green-faced rookie Kassian on that line and they will struggle mightily in the defensive zone.

That's why Burr gets the minutes with the Sedins - because he has decent hands and can get into the dirty areas, AND he is very good defensively to cover up for the Sedins in our zone.

If Kassian develops into an excellent two-way winger, then he can take over Burr's spot. The most ideal candidate to play with the Sedins would be a winger who can defend well, score well and protect the Sedins. The only players that I can think of that is capable of this is David Backes or Corey Perry.

Until Kassian develops his defensive game, he won't see regular ice time with the Sedins. I think he might get the shift after PK with the Sedins, but not regular consistent ice time with them.

With Kes needing temporary replacement and the Sedins needing defensive assistance....... Just stack the 1st line

Sedin-Sedin-Kes ( tell me more about your shut down line coach )

Burr-Higgins-Booth ( potentially all 25ish goal scorers )

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian ( young fast 2 way capability with something to prove )

Weise-Lappiere-Volpatti ( ***** please )

ugghhh only a couple months till the NFL season at least.

Moron.

Sedins don't need protection. Sedins need a defensive mastermind on their line with some offensive capabilities.

Burrows isn't on the Sedin line just because he can score. He's there because he is very good defensively to make up for the Sedins being poor in their own zone.

We put a green-faced rookie Kassian on that line and they will struggle mightily in the defensive zone.

That's why Burr gets the minutes with the Sedins - because he has decent hands and can get into the dirty areas, AND he is very good defensively to cover up for the Sedins in our zone.

If Kassian develops into an excellent two-way winger, then he can take over Burr's spot. The most ideal candidate to play with the Sedins would be a winger who can defend well, score well and protect the Sedins. The only players that I can think of that is capable of this is David Backes or Corey Perry.

Until Kassian develops his defensive game, he won't see regular ice time with the Sedins. I think he might get the shift after PK with the Sedins, but not regular consistent ice time with them.

jensen hates playing with kids who havent even got hair on their cactus yet. he stated himself he likes to play with more mature players. in a more mature system. he destroyed his few games in the ahl. im telling you guys he is gonna be our naslund. think of naslund but more physical......ya better change your underwear. wouldnt be suprised at all if he makes the team

Moron.

Besides being young, can someone explain to me why Jensen has no chance of making it this season? Not every player needs "seasoning", he is 6'3 and over 200 pounds, great hockey size and obviously has skill. if he impresses out of camp, yes he can make the team if he is the best option.. why should we choose Schroeder just because he is slightly older if he won't provide as much going forward..

I hope Jensen doesn't make the team. AV sucks with high profile prospects

It's ok for burrows and kesler because they had defensive skills and they could play 3rd line minutes. Jensen is a goal scorer and need to be put in that role right away.

But for Hodgson, Grabner, Shirokov, not quite the same success

i seriously hope av and mg dont read the forums here. we all sound like we have better answers than them. i like the opinions though. sometimes interesting, sometimes ridiculous. keep it coming :-)

my hope- schroeder will get to play 3rd line while kes is still recovering, then gets send back to ahl when kes returns. that kassian will get his beast mode back- bring his junior beast mode to nhl. and jensen will also make it to the roster (maybe, but i think he is better off to play in ahl for now- lets not rush the kid).

Archived