The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Have Big Things In The Making

No kidding. It's funny how people always question me when I put Schneider in my proposals for Nash.

First of all, Luongo has a NTC and would not waive it to go to Columbus. Second of all Columbus would want Schneider rather than Luongo.

I don't think some people can stand the idea that we might actually stick with Luongo instead of Schneider though.

I wouldn't be so sure. Columbus would want a goalie they know will stick around. If Schneider is willing to sign a long term deal prior to the trade I would see Columbus wanting Schneider. However they know Luongo isn't going anywhere as he is on a career contract. Last thing Columbus wants is to trade for Schneider then in 2-3 years when his new contract would run out, he leaves for a better situation.

Luongo on the other hand wasn't overly happy when they fired Ian Clark, so he may consider going back and working with him again. If Luongo had a choice of playing back up to Schneider in Vancouver or being the starter in Columbus with Ian Clark, what do you think he'll choose.

Who cares who his former goalie coach is? If he was going somewhere because of the goalie coach, he would go to Toronto and Francois

Allaire.

He's not going to a team that has zero chance of winning the cup for the rest of his career. He wants to win, period.

Tampa Bay, Toronto, or Florida are our only real options for trading Luongo.

Archived