The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Have Big Things In The Making

No kidding. It's funny how people always question me when I put Schneider in my proposals for Nash.

First of all, Luongo has a NTC and would not waive it to go to Columbus. Second of all Columbus would want Schneider rather than Luongo.

I don't think some people can stand the idea that we might actually stick with Luongo instead of Schneider though.

It does make more sense for Columbus to go with Luongo instead of Schnieder. There is actually no word if there is a list of teams, maybe Luongo wants out of Vancouver so bad he be willing to go to Columbus how then has a excellent starting goalie for the next 5 to 6 years. As for Schnieder the cap will not work for Vancouver unless we give up half our team which will not happen. If it did then Schnieder plays one year then walks as a UFA. Luongo makes way more sense for both teams if Luongo is willing to go there. Since there is nothing realeased saying he will only go to certain teams then we have to believe he would go there.

I can almost guarantee a trade of Luongo or Schneider won't happen before July 1st.

Think about it. First Gillis wants to see what organizational needs he can fill through the draft, cause ultimately that will determine what his needs are through any trade as far as prospects go.

Then he'll want to see which players he has a shot of signing July 1st. If he does in fact find out that someone like Parise actually is interested in coming to Van for the right price, it changes his needs for a top 6 forward.

After all the holes that he sees are filled through the draft and free agency, only then will he start to look at what trades fill the remaining needs.

It's just common sense.

No kidding. It's funny how people always question me when I put Schneider in my proposals for Nash.

First of all, Luongo has a NTC and would not waive it to go to Columbus. Second of all Columbus would want Schneider rather than Luongo.

I don't think some people can stand the idea that we might actually stick with Luongo instead of Schneider though.

Add the numbers yourself. Not just for this year, the following years. Edle'sr raise, Burrows raise ect. Not to mention with the CBA changing and more likely there being a work stopage and the revenue sharing going closer to a 50 - 50 split. All this meaning the 2013-14 cap is expected to go down to the 50 mil mark (more likely high 50"s) but will be at least 10 to 12 mil less then this year. All of this Gillis and Gillman are aware of (thank god), cause most people on hear do not use there little muscle between there ears.

Oh, you know first hand the cap is going down 12 mil after next season? No, cause you made that up.

Why would the players or the owners want the cap to go down? That doesn't make sense. That means smaller salaries for the players, and less ability for the teams that actually control the league to have elite teams.

As long as revenue is going up, so will the cap. That's the way Bettman has always done it.

Ballard can be traded to get money for Edler's raise, and money can be taken from Malhotra leaving to sign Burrows. It's not that hard.

What about this?

To Montreal: Roberto Luongo + Yann Sauve

To Nashville:PK Subban + Columbus #1

To Columbus: Toronto's #1 pick + Luke Schenn + Keith Ballard

To Toronto: Carey Price + Vancouver #1

To Vancouver: Shea Weber

Archived