Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumour] Canucks have attempted to acquire Brandon Dubinsky

181 posts in this topic

We already have enough depth on the wings and unless they are taking raymond why would we want Dubinsky?

Would be a great third line C behind Hank and Kes. IF necessary could step in to replace Kes on 2nd line in playoffs if injuries persist. Kind of an expensive caphit though. Wonder what it would take to get him.

Dubinsky is a center but can shift to wing if necessary.... improved AMEX line (D. Booth - R. Kesler - B. Dubinsky)

trade mayray plus 4th for dubinksy

I thought i saw him playing wing on NY? how big is he?

Dubinksy is a beast, would easily be an upgrade if he came here! Puts up the points - top 6/9 points, hits, goonish at times, gets penalty minutes and is young. Would be a good acquisition in my mind :)

....Also, he wouldn't be a 3rd line centre, would play top 6 cause his cap....his cap is $4.2 million....maybe a Ballard/Raymond or Booth trade? If Ballard/Raymond, imagine this line:

Dubinsky - Kesler - Booth ; that's what you call a power and energy line :P

Would be a risk getting him....idk, wouldn't mind if Raymond was gone.....anything for Raymond :lol:

Brandon Dubinsky is 6'1'', 210 lbs, and shoots left. He is 26 years old right now. In his five years with the Rangers, he has finished with 100+ PIMs three times. His current contract has a cap hit of $4.2 million and expires in 2014-15. Additionally, he hasn't had any major injuries thus far.

He has scored 20+ goals twice, but I don't think he is expected to be a major point producer. He has never scored more than 54 points; he's another second-line/third-line player. Fortunately, as many have mentioned already, he plays center. $4.2 million for a gritty top-nine player might seem a bit much, but some believe it may be worth it. He can be a second-line piece or a third-line piece depending on the needs of the team.

At 4.2 for the next three years he is a tad risky - but gritty guy/hits alot, can score.

4.2 million per year for a guy who scored 10 goals and only had 36 points? Not the second line player we are going for. He is worse value than Ballard.

Holy hell, I was just thinking about this the other day. Dubinsky would be a great fit!

I would take him in a heartbeat.

This would be a 'buy-low' circumstance.

At 4.2 for the next three years he is a tad risky - but gritty guy/hits alot, can score.