The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks have attempted to acquire Brandon Dubinsky

Huh? The Canucks have a $5.000 3C in Kesler but plays 2C because of a lack in that position. I'd rather go for something entirely different:

PIT

D. SEDIN

H. SEDIN

VAN

MALKIN

J. STAAL

We ALL know that fundamentally, this deal makes sense. Only emotional baggage prevents such a deal. Emotion and business don't mix.

Two Cup winning centers down the middle is exactly what is needed. We have enough to complement these two centers.

Huh? The Canucks have a $5.000 3C in Kesler but plays 2C because of a lack in that position. I'd rather go for something entirely different:

PIT

D. SEDIN

H. SEDIN

VAN

MALKIN

J. STAAL

We ALL know that fundamentally, this deal makes sense. Only emotional baggage prevents such a deal. Emotion and business don't mix.

Two Cup winning centers down the middle is exactly what is needed. We have enough to complement these two centers.

I doubt it.

IF Nucks get Dubinsky...I see Dubinsky slotting in 2nd line centre until Kesler gets back from injury. Lapierre moves up to 3rd while Malhotra takes 4th.

When Kelser gets back...then roll out Henrik, Kesler, Dubinsky, and Lapierre as the centres. Malhotra slots back as 4th LW and takes defensive faceoffs and PK.

Not sure if sarcasm or serious..

So lemme get this straight.

2 Art Ross Trophies

1 Ted Lindsay Trophy

1 2nd overall pick

1 3rd overall pick

1 Franchise All Time Assists Leader

1 Franchise All Time 2nd in Assists

2nd and 4th All Time Franchise Points Holders

1 3rd All Time Franchise Goal Scorer

Franchise leader in GWG

5th All Time Franchise in GWG

2nd PPG Scorer in Franchise History

1st All Time OT Goal Scorer

Reigning Team Ironman

For

Cup Winning Experience

2 2nd Overall picks

Calder Trophy

Hart Trophy

Ted Lindsay

Conn Smythe

Art Ross

I like my Swedish twins much better.

When you say franchise, please remember you're talking about the Canucks; most records are easily breakable, unlike any of the original six and some.

When's the last time you saw a Sedin fight? Last time they played on the PK, the Internet was just becoming famous. They are indeed very soft and MUST play together. they also MUST have a defensively savvy player on their RW. Bertuzzi was the prototypical SEDIN complement. Didn't work. Naslund, one of the most exciting player to play the game, couldn't make it work with the Sedins either. They are babies and divers and don't fight back. Don't blame Lu for the inadequacies on the ice; blame the captain who might be an iron streak holder, but is as soft as cream puffs right out of the oven.

Mallon and Staal on the other hand, are the real deal. Mallon is 25 and Staal is 23.

They both fight when called upon, Malkin had 109 points in 75 games while Staal is ready for a bigger role that Pitsburgh will now afford him.

In the playoffs, both Malkin and Staal are absolute beasts.

The Canucks are not coming out of the West with the Sedins at the helm. The window of opportunity has come and gone for them and it is best to part ways.

Business wise, sell high.

If he plays the 3rd line center position I can see that. But at 4.2 mil he'll probably be unhappy with anything less than a top 6 role. And even with him on Kesler's line with Booth, I don't see how that will help that line produce. None of them could pass if their lives depended on it.

PIT

D. SEDIN

H. SEDIN

VAN

MALKIN

J. STAAL

When you say franchise, please remember you're talking about the Canucks; most records are easily breakable, unlike any of the original six and some.

When's the last time you saw a Sedin fight? Last time they played on the PK, the Internet was just becoming famous. They are indeed very soft and MUST play together. they also MUST have a defensively savvy player on their RW. Bertuzzi was the prototypical SEDIN complement. Didn't work. Naslund, one of the most exciting player to play the game, couldn't make it work with the Sedins either. They are babies and divers and don't fight back. Don't blame Lu for the inadequacies on the ice; blame the captain who might be an iron streak holder, but is as soft as cream puffs right out of the oven.

Mallon and Staal on the other hand, are the real deal. Mallon is 25 and Staal is 23.

They both fight when called upon, Malkin had 109 points in 75 games while Staal is ready for a bigger role that Pitsburgh will now afford him.

In the playoffs, both Malkin and Staal are absolute beasts.

The Canucks are not coming out of the West with the Sedins at the helm. The window of opportunity has come and gone for them and it is best to part ways.

Business wise, sell high.

The only reason Dubinsky would be available was if the Rangers had a deal in place to get Nash, and needed cap room. So to the people making proposals with Booth, Ballard, or any other expensive players: stop.

Price will likely be one effective but cheap player (Lapierre, Hansen), plus a very good pick/prospect (or two good ones).

Oh Shut Up! You, that Paul Kariya guy and mpt just keep saying random nonsense on these boards. How about you stop trolling (very horrible at it,btw) and start thinking about what you post.

Not a big fan of Malhotra as our third line center. Great guy, good size, great on draws, strong skater, but does not have enough offensively to sustain 3rd line duties on a contender. Not to mention his tragic eye damage that has negatively effected his vision. Just 2 goals in 35 playoff games is not good enough.

Dubinsky would be a welcome addition IMO.

If Manny can make a recovery in form, a bottom 6 of:

Raymond Lapierre Kassian

Moen Malhotra Hansen ..............is ok with me

Well, Dubinsky & Hansen have played an entire season on a line together in 2005-2006...

This would hopefully create a third layer of offensive support behind the twins.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - PA Parenteau

Higgins - Dubinsky - Hansen

That third line would be just an absolute counter attacking nightmare for other teams to deal with.

Not sure if sarcasm or serious..

So lemme get this straight.

2 Art Ross Trophies

1 Ted Lindsay Trophy

1 Hart Trophy

1 2nd overall pick

1 3rd overall pick

1 Franchise All Time Assists Leader

1 Franchise All Time 2nd in Assists

2nd and 4th All Time Franchise Points Holders

1 3rd All Time Franchise Goal Scorer

Franchise leader in GWG

5th All Time Franchise in GWG

2nd PPG Scorer in Franchise History

1st All Time OT Goal Scorer

Reigning Team Ironman

For

Cup Winning Experience

2 2nd Overall picks

Calder Trophy

Hart Trophy

Ted Lindsay

Conn Smythe

Art Ross

I like my Swedish twins much better.

PIT

D. SEDIN

H. SEDIN

VAN

MALKIN

J. STAAL

Archived