Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Canucks have attempted to acquire Brandon Dubinsky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#61 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

If we were to acquire Brandon Dubinsky, they would not want salary back. They are in for Rick Nash real hard and are most probably looking to clear cap space, and Dubinsky could be the odd man out.

What NY could be looking for would be a 1st Round Pick, 2nd/3rd round pick, and a prospect most probably. Only things we could give them would be Raymond, 1st, 2nd, Gragnani, Sweatt, Oreskovich, or Parent. Teams like Toronto could easily beat a offer we would give them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

People, why would NY want Raymond for Dubinsky?

Salary cap space. Most people aren't proposing Raymond-Dubinsky straight up either. In my prpopsal, I'd give more value to the rights to MAG or to the 2nd rounder.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#63 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'd be happy if he were a 3rd line C on this team when Kesler is back:

We have so many options then, and our depth is off the hook! I think that if this happened though, send Booth the other way. Then look for a top 6 forward. Pipe dream would be Parise:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Parise-Kesler-Jensen
Higgins-Dubinsky-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Trade Booth, Malhotra for Duby and a 4th
Posted Image

#64 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

If we were to acquire Brandon Dubinsky, they would not want salary back. They are in for Rick Nash real hard and are most probably looking to clear cap space, and Dubinsky could be the odd man out.

What NY could be looking for would be a 1st Round Pick, 2nd/3rd round pick, and a prospect most probably. Only things we could give them would be Raymond, 1st, 2nd, Gragnani, Sweatt, Oreskovich, or Parent. Teams like Toronto could easily beat a offer we would give them.

Leafs would rather use those assets that would beat our offer to trade for Nash themselves. Burke certainly isn't going to make it easier for his competition in the Nash sweepstakes.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#65 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Leafs would rather use those assets that would beat our offer to trade for Nash themselves. Burke certainly isn't going to make it easier for his competition in the Nash sweepstakes.

I only mentioned that if TO dropped out of the Nash sweepstakes.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

People, why would NY want Raymond for Dubinsky? Or Booth for Dubinsky?

I wouldn't trade Booth for Dubinsky and the Rangers wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Raymond.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that Raymond alone would land Dubinsky.

Edited by Down by the River, 18 June 2012 - 04:50 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#67 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

I only mentioned that if TO dropped out of the Nash sweepstakes.

Then they'll use those assets to make a deal for Luongo. Dubinsky isn't going to lead Toronto into the playoffs and Burke doesn't have time.

Rangers aren't going to get that kind of return for him from the Leafs. It's going to be a similar type deal to the Booth one IMO only with less salary going the other way due to being in the off-season.

Edited by Number14, 18 June 2012 - 04:55 PM.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#68 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

I wouldn't trade Booth for Dubinsky and the Rangers wouldn't trade Dubinsky for Raymond.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting that Raymond alone would land Dubinsky.

Raymond, rights to Parent, 2nd Round Pick could land Dubinsky.

Remember they will most probably not want salary back because they are trying to acquire Rick Nash.

As mentioned earlier this could turn out to be like the Ehrhoff situation.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 18 June 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Then they'll use those assets to make a deal for Luongo. Dubinsky isn't going to lead Toronto into the playoffs and Burke doesn't have time.

Rangers aren't going to get that kind of return for him from the Leafs. It's going to be a similar type deal to the Booth one IMO only with less salary going the other way due to being in the off-season.

Very True, also NYR is going after Rick Nash very hard.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

IF true...then I am seriously starting to worry about GM MG...
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#71 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

^ Last post before a ban?

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#72 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Nope :emot-parrot:
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#73 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,463 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

I would take him in a heartbeat.

This would be a 'buy-low' circumstance.

Well, that's assuming the Rangers aren't 'agressively' shopping him by asking for a lot back. If they are asking for less than his value of 2-3 years ago, it could be worthwhile, but we'd have to give them back some salary.

Would a Booth/Dubinsky swap be worthwhile to both teams, or even good value? I'm not sure I'd do that, but we could use a center in Kesler's absence that could shift to wing when he returns.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#74 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Heart and soul type of guy, we need him

#75 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Well, that's assuming the Rangers aren't 'agressively' shopping him by asking for a lot back. If they are asking for less than his value of 2-3 years ago, it could be worthwhile, but we'd have to give them back some salary.

Would a Booth/Dubinsky swap be worthwhile to both teams, or even good value? I'm not sure I'd do that, but we could use a center in Kesler's absence that could shift to wing when he returns.

Rangers won't want salary back, and Booth would be a worse fit on their team once they're healthy.

Completely fair deal but doesn't address the reason they're shopping him.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#76 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Is Gillis seriously this retarded? Another terrible contract, he brings a lot to the table but at the price frack no we already have booth and ballards crapty contracts at over 4
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#77 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Everyone needs to realize that NY is going after Rick Nash and are not looking for salary back. Also the Canucks have up to 15 million in cap space.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#78 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

No thanks to that salary, had this guy in my pool and he was useless, buuuuuut....I would trade for him if it means Raymond is going the other way
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#79 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

207 hits last season. and +16. Career 52% on faceoffs. Versitile C/LW, capable of 20 goals, 40-50 points. Salary is a bit high, but depending on what we'd give up, could be a very nice 2nd/3rd liner. Diddnt do much of anything in the postseason... But he's not a liability.

Basically a thicker and much more aggressive version of Raymond... given that NYR would need the cap room for Nash, and Raymond is a winger that could fill the void at a lower cost, I could see the 2 involved in the deal with a few minor peices or draft picks.

#80 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Everyone needs to realize that NY is going after Rick Nash and are not looking for salary back. Also the Canucks have up to 15 million in cap space.

Dubinsky would be a piece included in a Nash trade, so yeah.

#81 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

And you idiots need to stop trading booth... he's a Canuck next season, and he should be. The Canucks are in NEED of secondary scoring, he was on pace for 24 with the big move and the knee injury.... Im betting that with a full healthy training camp and season, he'll be knocking on 30...

#82 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

And you idiots need to stop trading booth... he's a Canuck next season, and he should be. The Canucks are in NEED of secondary scoring, he was on pace for 24 with the big move and the knee injury.... Im betting that with a full healthy training camp and season, he'll be knocking on 30...

This. Booth was playing very well before he got hurt. Being traded to a new conference and getting injured once he starts to gel with his new team can't have been a good time for him. He'll be the most improved player next season.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#83 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Something tells me Gillis knows something. Like perhaps New York is close to acquiring Nash, but need to unload some salary.
Just like the trade for Ehrhoff. San Jose wanted Heatley and we got Ehrhoff for practicaly nothing.
If Gillis can get Dubinsky for some mid range prospects like Sweatt and Sauve, I'd be down.

I like the way you think! Sure hope that's what'll happen, maybe give them Raymond's RFA rights (does arbitration affect his RFA status?) and yeah like you said, someone like Sweatt. That would be quite the steal!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#84 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Dubinsky would be a piece included in a Nash trade, so yeah.

He would not. Columbus is trying to get some of their more younger players like Del Zotto and Kreider.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Nope :emot-parrot:

What the...why can't I click on your profile?

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#86 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

A cap hit of 4.2 isn't as high as many people are making it out to be, especially if Raymond is going the other way, because Kesler will likely miss close to half the regular season on IR. If Raymond is going back then it amounts to an approximate 2.0 increase in base salary.

Take into account that the Nucks may also shed some by trading Lou and could lose Alberts and Salo. The difference is closer to chump change for what you get back.

Also, it's apparent few of you have watched him play very much. Concerned about his salary? Would you be concerned with Mike Fisher's? Guys like this add a whole different dimension than just scoring.

Edited by theminister, 18 June 2012 - 05:32 PM.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#87 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lol at everyone putting Booth in their proposals..

David Booth is a physical, quick, skilled winger. He hits, and crashes the net- exactly what the Canucks need.
We got David Booth last season, and it was a big move for him. This will be his first off-season with the organization, and he has great numbers in his past. And you guys want to give up on him already? Unreal. Smh.

Back to the topic though, Dubinsky would be a SOLID Third line centre option. I dont like him in the top 6, as I really believe that the Canucks require a bonafide point producer rather than a 2/3 tweener- for the top 6 at least. But if He was acquire for the 3C role- where does that leave Jordan Schroeder?
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#88 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I would like him but not for booth , for Raymond or Ballard + and he could play second line wing or third line center

#89 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

He would not. Columbus is trying to get some of their more younger players like Del Zotto and Kreider.

Rangers aren't going to trade Kreider.

#90 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Rangers aren't going to trade Kreider.

If CBJ doesn't get Kreider especially, I'm not sure what NYR will give up. You gotta give to get. If they want Nash, it's Kreider+Picks+Roster player
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.