The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks have attempted to acquire Brandon Dubinsky

I'd be happy if he were a 3rd line C on this team when Kesler is back:

We have so many options then, and our depth is off the hook! I think that if this happened though, send Booth the other way. Then look for a top 6 forward. Pipe dream would be Parise:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Parise-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Dubinsky-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Trade Booth, Malhotra for Duby and a 4th

If we were to acquire Brandon Dubinsky, they would not want salary back. They are in for Rick Nash real hard and are most probably looking to clear cap space, and Dubinsky could be the odd man out.

What NY could be looking for would be a 1st Round Pick, 2nd/3rd round pick, and a prospect most probably. Only things we could give them would be Raymond, 1st, 2nd, Gragnani, Sweatt, Oreskovich, or Parent. Teams like Toronto could easily beat a offer we would give them.

Then they'll use those assets to make a deal for Luongo. Dubinsky isn't going to lead Toronto into the playoffs and Burke doesn't have time.

Rangers aren't going to get that kind of return for him from the Leafs. It's going to be a similar type deal to the Booth one IMO only with less salary going the other way due to being in the off-season.

Well, that's assuming the Rangers aren't 'agressively' shopping him by asking for a lot back. If they are asking for less than his value of 2-3 years ago, it could be worthwhile, but we'd have to give them back some salary.

Would a Booth/Dubinsky swap be worthwhile to both teams, or even good value? I'm not sure I'd do that, but we could use a center in Kesler's absence that could shift to wing when he returns.

207 hits last season. and +16. Career 52% on faceoffs. Versitile C/LW, capable of 20 goals, 40-50 points. Salary is a bit high, but depending on what we'd give up, could be a very nice 2nd/3rd liner. Diddnt do much of anything in the postseason... But he's not a liability.

Basically a thicker and much more aggressive version of Raymond... given that NYR would need the cap room for Nash, and Raymond is a winger that could fill the void at a lower cost, I could see the 2 involved in the deal with a few minor peices or draft picks.

And you idiots need to stop trading booth... he's a Canuck next season, and he should be. The Canucks are in NEED of secondary scoring, he was on pace for 24 with the big move and the knee injury.... Im betting that with a full healthy training camp and season, he'll be knocking on 30...

Archived