Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanucksFanMike

Ballard

92 posts in this topic

What do you mean? I always see CDC trashing Ballard, Raymond, and others... I'm just saying we should keep him next year because he could work out as a top 4 dman

Tell us what you really think.

I agree 100%, and I didn't think he was bad at all the Regular season, he was average.

Then in the playoffs he was our best D-man, I watched him closely like you and I agree with all your points.

I still think he should play with Edler, move Edler to the right side and Ballard to the left, they did it in the pre-season and I didn't think they were terrible. AV should give them time together.

Ballard's speed is tremendously underrated.

we could move hammy or edler to the third pairing, to make room for ballard in the top 4....too bad he can't play on the right side....edler can't play the right side either.....

I 100% agree. I actually posted about this in the Luongo breakdown thread a couple of hours ago.

we could move hammy or edler to the third pairing, to make room for ballard in the top 4....too bad he can't play on the right side....edler can't play the right side either.....

Keith Ballard is NOT a bad player. Coming to Vancouver killed his career for whatever reason. He was pretty much a top pairing on most teams to being scratched. He kind of fell off the face of the planet like Redden and Gomez, for example.

Keith Ballard is NOT a bad player. Coming to Vancouver killed his career for whatever reason. He was pretty much a top pairing on most teams to being scratched. He kind of fell off the face of the planet like Redden and Gomez, for example.

His 1st year here was coming off of hip surgery then a concussion. I'd say this year is his chance to prove something.

I hope so. I kinda feel for the guy. Went from a very good defender to an overpaid plugger.

I think he's still got it in him to be a top 4 guy on the Nucks. He's definately got to show a hell of a lot more than he did last year though. Hopefully, a full summer of training agrees with him.