The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard

CanucksFanMike

I do not think Ballard is as bad as some people think he is. I really don't think he has being given a fair chance by certian individuals. The only thing I agree with is that he is not a 4.2 million dollar player. If the Canucks were paying him half of that money I don't think fans would be grumbling as much.

ballard is only good when he plays on the left side. He is hugely under rated and a great d but do we have room on the left side for him?? Its a huge win for any team that picks him up the only way I see keeping him is if we sign a top 4 d to play the right side and edler is included in the deal which I hope doesn't happen.

Personally I'd like to see Ballard given a chance on the 2nd power play unit - I too thought he played well in the playoffs. In his defense to me it seemed he was playing under AVs microscope all the time and the first mistake he made he would lose ice time. Nit that I ahve an issue with a player getting less time if he is playing poorly but as we have seen with AV some players get rewarded for lack of effort or dumb plays and others ride the pine.

I do not think Ballard is as bad as some people think he is. I really don't think he has being given a fair chance by certian individuals. The only thing I agree with is that he is not a 4.2 million dollar player. If the Canucks were paying him half of that money I don't think fans would be grumbling as much.

If he got to play in the kind of role he'd played in every year of his career before getting coached by AV, his salary wouldn't be an issue, nor would his play. When you do everything to take away a guy's confidence and even when he plays well despite that, still don't let him out of the doghouse, what the hell do people expect. AV turned Ballard, a shot blocking machine that put up respectable numbers into a guy paranoid to do anything because he'd end up sitting.

willing to give him a shot, love ballards speed and physicality....i think that 4.2 will not look too bad after we see some of the ridiculous contracts offered in free agency .....and hopefully cap does go up to 70 mill which im 90% sure it wont

He would be better in the top 4 because he'd have a better defensive pairing to play with. I think the Canucks have to push him to be top 4 for the whole season and get him some power play time. That's why Gillis brought him in and I don't think Salo is returning for some reason.

When Ballard is playing his game, he's skating like Erhoff, blocking shots as well as anyone on the team, and making opponents tentative to come down his wing for fear of being sent head over heels by one of his hipchecks. He gets the other team mad at him and draws penalties.

It would be nice if AV let him play. If he got 10% of the leeway Rome gets, he'd be in the lineup every night getting plenty of icetime...

Archived