The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks will match any offer sheets to Schnieder

Bieksallent_Canuck

" have a hard time believing that Schneider would sign an offer sheet knowing that MG is actively shopping Luongo. Would Schneider try to screw us over and sign a deal that wouldn't work for the club? I hope not; I personally would lose respect for him. If its August and Luongo is still not traded then I wouldn't blame him at all but not the first two weeks in July; that just screams selfishness"

So Corey looking after Corey would be selfish? have you ever told your boss"look don't worry about that firm down the road offering me a 100 to 400 % wage increase cause I'll stay here?"

While we don't know what he's been privy to in terms of offers and given the CBA issues teams may be reluctant and less relucatant to bid for Lou (given the contract) once that's dealt with I have come to realize one thing about Gillis.

Simply, he's got too much of an ego to pull off a blockbuster. Not saying he needs too but anything involving Lou effectively is. He is scared to look bad in a 'big' deal and as a result continues to tinker, doddle about.

Reality is the BEST time to trade Lou is indeed at the draft if he's able to move our position higher, and his best leverage to do so is at that time. Its a decent top ten/fifteen draft year, we're not very strong in terms of our talent level in the minors and need some youth / draft picks back. You get a roster guy and a higher pick.

Even if he is going to trade Schnieds (which I doubt). The very best time would be the draft bc Edm would likely cough up first for him, and we know Columbus would give us number 2.

How this man can not make a trade of one of his goalies on draft day is really beyond me....its getting ridiculous.

We do have a window as much as people will or will not recognize it. I have been a fan for my entire 38 years. In that time, I have never seen a canucks team with such a level of talent throughout, and the ability to compete year after year. But, that window is closing, as the Sedins age, we really don't have any elite stars coming up, even someone with flashes yet. Yes perhaps Jensen may turn into something, but hey 35 goals and 70 pts would be great, and if he does that we'd all be happy, but thats 5 yrs out. Kassian same thing. Who's left after that? No one, and certainly no real 100 pt potential guys.

Therefore the time is now you need a roster player and a draft pick, make the deal that gets you over the top (ie Richards and Carter) and at the same time you need draft picks to restock the cupboards lest we turn into the leafs. Those deals happen at the draft, not after.

Time for Gillis to grow a pair.

Dumb to say that on Gillis' part... If somebody wants to handicap the Canucks financially and gillis ain't bluffing...then why not offersheet Schnieds to 7.5/year....

See; Doug Murray and his offersheet on Hjarmalsson, only to screw the hawks capwise, so that they could poach Niemi

I have a hard time believing that Schneider would sign an offer sheet knowing that MG is actively shopping Luongo. Would Schneider try to screw us over and sign a deal that wouldn't work for the club? I hope not; I personally would lose respect for him. If its August and Luongo is still not traded then I wouldn't blame him at all but not the first two weeks in July; that just screams selfishness.

I think the only way it makes sense for the Canucks to walk away from an offer sheet is if it's worth more than 5 million (1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in return). Having these extra picks would make a Shea Weber offer sheet that much more possible because the Canucks will have replaced the majority of the picks required for a Weber offer sheet. On top of that, Nashville isn't going to match a one year deal knowing Weber would walk for nothing next year so they'll likely take the 2 firsts, the second and the third round picks. Essentially the trade off then becomes Schneider and a 1st (plus upgraded 2nd and 3rd picks) for Shea Weber. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

I have a hard time believing that Schneider would sign an offer sheet knowing that MG is actively shopping Luongo. Would Schneider try to screw us over and sign a deal that wouldn't work for the club? I hope not; I personally would lose respect for him. If its August and Luongo is still not traded then I wouldn't blame him at all but not the first two weeks in July; that just screams selfishness.

I think the only way it makes sense for the Canucks to walk away from an offer sheet is if it's worth more than 5 million (1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in return). Having these extra picks would make a Shea Weber offer sheet that much more possible because the Canucks will have replaced the majority of the picks required for a Weber offer sheet. On top of that, Nashville isn't going to match a one year deal knowing Weber would walk for nothing next year so they'll likely take the 2 firsts, the second and the third round picks. Essentially the trade off then becomes Schneider and a 1st (plus upgraded 2nd and 3rd picks) for Shea Weber. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

While we don't know what he's been privy to in terms of offers and given the CBA issues teams may be reluctant and less relucatant to bid for Lou (given the contract) once that's dealt with I have come to realize one thing about Gillis.

Simply, he's got too much of an ego to pull off a blockbuster. Not saying he needs too but anything involving Lou effectively is. He is scared to look bad in a 'big' deal and as a result continues to tinker, doddle about.

Reality is the BEST time to trade Lou is indeed at the draft if he's able to move our position higher, and his best leverage to do so is at that time. Its a decent top ten/fifteen draft year, we're not very strong in terms of our talent level in the minors and need some youth / draft picks back. You get a roster guy and a higher pick.

Even if he is going to trade Schnieds (which I doubt). The very best time would be the draft bc Edm would likely cough up first for him, and we know Columbus would give us number 2.

How this man can not make a trade of one of his goalies on draft day is really beyond me....its getting ridiculous.

We do have a window as much as people will or will not recognize it. I have been a fan for my entire 38 years. In that time, I have never seen a canucks team with such a level of talent throughout, and the ability to compete year after year. But, that window is closing, as the Sedins age, we really don't have any elite stars coming up, even someone with flashes yet. Yes perhaps Jensen may turn into something, but hey 35 goals and 70 pts would be great, and if he does that we'd all be happy, but thats 5 yrs out. Kassian same thing. Who's left after that? No one, and certainly no real 100 pt potential guys.

Therefore the time is now you need a roster player and a draft pick, make the deal that gets you over the top (ie Richards and Carter) and at the same time you need draft picks to restock the cupboards lest we turn into the leafs. Those deals happen at the draft, not after.

Time for Gillis to grow a pair.

Archived