Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Microsoft unveils 'Surface' Tablet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

One you plug in the keyboard it becomes a laptop with a cursor, because it's Windows. I think that's pretty cool. However the pen and ink technology on it is just awesome. Windows has traditionally been a very good digital ink platform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqq9MNhoJAE

By the way you don't have to buy any extra peripherals. Cause these things run Windows you could use the mouse and keyboard you already own.

Edited by -Goose-, 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#33 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

One you plug in the keyboard it becomes a laptop with a cursor, because it's Windows. I think that's pretty cool. However the pen and ink technology on it is just awesome. Windows has traditionally been a very good digital ink platform:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqq9MNhoJAE

By the way you don't have to buy any extra peripherals. Cause these things run Windows you could use the mouse and keyboard you already own.

that's the best part, our wireless bluetooth mice would work still.

the thing dissuading me from getting a tablet in the past is that it's basically an overgrown ipod touch/android phone. the processing and applications has been crap, and is nothing even close to being as good as a laptop. but with the surface tablet, it's basically a laptop when you want it to be, a tablet the rest of the time, and it will run everything a regular computer can (especially MS Office).

it would also replace a wacom drawing tablet, so i could finally mess around with digital drawing (i always wanted to try it, but i didn't want to have to spend all that money on a tablet that you can't even see what you are drawing on the tablet, you have to look at the screen).

#34 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Looks pretty nice, but I never understood the need for a tablet. What can it do that a smart phone and a laptop can't?

#35 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Looks pretty nice, but I never understood the need for a tablet. What can it do that a smart phone and a laptop can't?

in this case it would replace the laptop altogether. I felt the same way as you, since tablets were basically crap and a waste of money/weight. this, however, would be a lighter, more portable, and more functional laptop.

Edited by avelanch, 20 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.