The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] MG Still Looking For A Hockey Trade Regarding Luongo

I could see Gillis trading some prospects for a player like Dubinsky, then using Luo either later this year or by the trade deadline next year to restock the cabinet a bit. Maybe like Schroeder and Connauton for Dubinsky, then trading Luo to team that is contending for the playoffs despite goalie issues. I think that would be the way to play the market right now.

I don't understand all the people that rip Luke Schenn. The kid was rushed to the NHL on a terrible hockey team and was expected to be the savior of a team that's years away from being good enough to contend. He's 22, plays a physical style, and had put up decent point numbers for a guy most consider to have limited offensive potential. To me a deal that would bring back Schenn, a still developing young defenseman with loads of upside still who is likely to improve on a better team with better personnel around him, would be one that would help this team both now and in the future.

I wonder how many people ripping Schenn were the ones clamoring for Mitchell because he plays a safe, physical, strong defensive type game.

Schnieder is a RFA so that buys us another year, If GMMG does not get what we wants then he will not trade LU, then at the trade deadline when teams like Toronto is struggling to stay in the playoff picture or get in it, then the price would be alot higher for Luongo or Schnieder depending on who we trade.

Archived