The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Lu be traded during the draft

406281dylan

Luongo  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A part of me would love to see it at the draft and NOT have him go to the leafs and then have the cameras pan to Burke much like they did when LA selected Brayden Schenn years ago ahead of T.O, only to see Burke go read and look like a little boy having a tantrum because he didn't get his lolly....lol..

But I digress, Leafs need Lou, he'll waive to go there, they have the 5th pick overall and some decent dmen...its pretty much the right match for the nucks...

He's not getting traded. Luongo and Schneider will be back next season. Luongo will start the first 2 games of the season, play terribly (as he always does in October), then Schneider will take over until December. Luongo will get the bulk of games until February, then Schneider will take over again with his hot play and cool off around playoff time when it's Luongo's time to shine.

We need both goalies to get us through 100 games because the team that wins the Cup is the team that gets hot at the right time, and we have a much better chance of getting hot in the playoffs if we have two goalies playing on-and-off.

I dont recall lou ever saying this. All I recall is him saying if they wanted to trade him he wouldnt stand in the way. He would do what was best for the team. If he actually requested a trade it wasnt made public to the best of my knowledge. Also when he said that it was a pretty emotional time. I dont think any of us really knows whats going on with Lou

All these hype leading to draft day, but I wouldnt be suprised if we dont do anything on Friday.

I dont like MG's patient approach, everyone around us gets better while we stand pat hoping to land another Ehrhoff type deal.

Hopefully he's active on TD wether its moving up, trading for more picks or getting rid of dead weights (Malhotra,Ballard,Raymond) for late picks.

He's not getting traded. Luongo and Schneider will be back next season. Luongo will start the first 2 games of the season, play terribly (as he always does in October), then Schneider will take over until December. Luongo will get the bulk of games until February, then Schneider will take over again with his hot play and cool off around playoff time when it's Luongo's time to shine.

We need both goalies to get us through 100 games because the team that wins the Cup is the team that gets hot at the right time, and we have a much better chance of getting hot in the playoffs if we have two goalies playing on-and-off.

Quick must have played 90 games this year. 20-50-100 games doesn't really matter if you are an elite goalie you will come up big during playoffs. Brodeur,Roy and Haseks all played boatloads of games but is their talent that matters,not the amount of games played.

Archived