The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Lu be traded during the draft

406281dylan

Luongo  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm only watching the draft for something huge to happen. Ownership waiting 3 weeks till they gave Gillis an extension should demonstrate a lack of faith and hopefully inspire Gillis to do something.

I'm not convinced that it will be Luongo moved but whatever happens I just can't wait for Friday.

Whatever happens, I am pretty sure we won't see the Canucks starting the season with two clear #1 goaltenders. The team managed it last year but that was a luxury given Schneider's contract status.

Nothing new, I know, but I also get that feeling that no matter who the Canucks part ways with it will be the wrong decision.

Deal away Luongo? He will have a renaissance in whatever market he gets sent to. Worse, if it is Toronto he will make a key contribution to that team for years to come. Meanwhile, Schneider will turn out to be rather Raycroft-esque...

Deal away Schneider? He will become a stellar and affordable #1 who leads his team to greater things while Luongo continues to decline.

I am a Canucks fan - It has been ingrained in me to think this way.

when i rub my crystal balls they tell me yes he will get traded before the draft, and my crystal balls never lie to me... they whisper sweet nothings some times, but they never lie. if they turn out to be lying, well, then they must have been talking to SamJam!!!!!

OH SNAP!

TSN just reported a couple minutes ago that MG says there is a chance Lu wont get traded during the draft. I personally think he will be because knowing Gillis he keeps everything in the dark and does not let anyone know much about his plans.

What do u guys think will happen?

He's not getting traded. Luongo and Schneider will be back next season. Luongo will start the first 2 games of the season, play terribly (as he always does in October), then Schneider will take over until December. Luongo will get the bulk of games until February, then Schneider will take over again with his hot play and cool off around playoff time when it's Luongo's time to shine.

We need both goalies to get us through 100 games because the team that wins the Cup is the team that gets hot at the right time, and we have a much better chance of getting hot in the playoffs if we have two goalies playing on-and-off.

The more I see and hear about GMs believing that they won't have to give up much to get Luongo, the more I believe that next year, the team will start with both goalies.

I don't believe that Gillis is going to give up Louie as a salary dump. He'll want solid players, high picks and/or prospects in return.

Those that say he'll never keep both are either Luongo-bashers, or overly optimistic Leaf fans/sportswriters.

Archived