The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu's Value Just Grew Even more.....

bure10fan

I find it funny how everything nowadays has to do with Luongo.

I'm sorry, but if a team was trying to decide between Josh Harding and Roberto Luongo, they're probably not all that serious about their goaltending situation and aren't ready to give the Canucks what they want.

I hate how people on here compare Roberto Luongo to guys like Harding and Lindback. Listen, the guys an elite goaltender. Unless you have a Miller, a Fleury or a Lundqvist out there in play, Goaltenders like Harding and Lindback shouldn't affect Luongo's trade value. He's in a league of his own, you don't decide between unproven potential career backups and a goaltender who has carried his team to the Stanley Cup Finals and is consistently one of the best regular season goaltenders.

I'm sorry, but if a team was trying to decide between Josh Harding and Roberto Luongo, they're probably not all that serious about their goaltending situation and aren't ready to give the Canucks what they want.

I hate how people on here compare Roberto Luongo to guys like Harding and Lindback. Listen, the guys an elite goaltender. Unless you have a Miller, a Fleury or a Lundqvist out there in play, Goaltenders like Harding and Lindback shouldn't affect Luongo's trade value. He's in a league of his own, you don't decide between unproven potential career backups and a goaltender who has carried his team to the Stanley Cup Finals and is consistently one of the best regular season goaltenders.

Surely you mean Schneider's value just grew even more?

Gillis is going to do what's best for the club. With his desire to get younger, tougher and more skilled the choice comes down to which ever goaltender provides the best return. It could be Luongo, it could be Schneider. We won't know until it happens.

And for the record, for all of the names that are being thrown around by CDC'ers it's not going to be that. You should know that any trade Gillis makes comes entirely out of left field. Ballard, Booth, Kassian. NO ONE saw any of these trades or considered any of these players, if you weren't already aware of this fact then you aren't much of a Canucks fan.

Gillis is going to do what's best for the club. With his desire to get younger, tougher and more skilled if the choice comes down to which ever goaltender provides the best return. It could be Luongo, it could be Schneider. We won't know until it happens.

hese trades or considered any of these players, if you weren't already aware of this fact then you aren't much of a Canucks fan.

The fact that you had to take the time to point this of all things out from my post just proves your lack of reading comprehension. Before you get all hasty and point out that I failed to read your post, the contexts of "what's best for the team", "desire to get younger, tougher and more skilled" and "whichever provides the best return" all cover what your "point" is.

The team is simply that, a team. Schneider is a good young goalie, and indeed it is our goal to get younger, however if trading Schneider addresses more issues with the overall roster than Luongo, you have to keep Luongo and move Schneider. Luongo is signed for term to a very manageable cap, and will provide years of solid goaltending until some of our other young goaltenders (Lack, Cannata) are able to make a mark in the NHL.

For all of Luongo's gaffs, he provides incredibly timely saves. I lay more blame at the feet of the coach, forwards and defence than at the feet of Luongo.

Lastly, I am a staunch Luongo hater, but I am objective enough to see that he is not the root of all that is wrong with this team and can intelligently assess the situation, albeit not nearly as precisely as Gillis but certainly much better than 99% of the muppets on this site.

The fact that you had to take the time to point this of all things out from my post just proves your lack of reading comprehension. Before you get all hasty and point out that I failed to read your post, the contexts of "what's best for the team", "desire to get younger, tougher and more skilled" and "whichever provides the best return" all cover what your "point" is.

Archived