The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Luongo will not be traded at the draft, and why he might.

keslerforthecup

Strange.. reading the exit clauses of his contract, they can't even do this until the end of 2013-14 season...

"KNOWN CLAUSES (note: if player has been traded, clauses may no longer apply): NTC (player can supply five-team trade list following final game of 2013-14, valid through July 15, 2014; if player does not submit trade list at that time, team can request a five-team trade list following final game of 2017-18 season, valid through Sept. 1, 2018). If player submitted a trade list in 2014 and was not moved, team loses right to request trade list in 2018."

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=683

To my understanding, that's the only way both parties can exit the contract. Sounds to me like they're both locked in.. until then at least.

I guess that's why he hasn't submitted a list yet... :P

1) I find it amusing, why You would Open this thread then ?

2) That if you felt that way, Why add to it?

3) Does Your posting this stop him from posting it,and others responding? They do because they want too- that is their choice

4) If Your not interested in a thread and not contributing, Why not just leave it alone?

Strange.. reading the exit clauses of his contract, they can't even do this until the end of 2013-14 season...

"KNOWN CLAUSES (note: if player has been traded, clauses may no longer apply): NTC (player can supply five-team trade list following final game of 2013-14, valid through July 15, 2014; if player does not submit trade list at that time, team can request a five-team trade list following final game of 2017-18 season, valid through Sept. 1, 2018). If player submitted a trade list in 2014 and was not moved, team loses right to request trade list in 2018."

http://www.capgeek.c...play.php?id=683

To my understanding, that's the only way both parties can exit the contract. Sounds to me like they're both locked in.. until then at least.

I think the Market for Luongo will be worse in August.

By then, everyteam should have their team settle already. Others GMs will know Gillis doesn't want to start the camp with both Schneider and Luongo on the teams. Just like Ottawa didn't want Heatley around training camp the year he was traded.

Trade him now !

http://www.capgeek.c...play.php?id=683

Imagine what this site is going to be like if Lu is not traded. To me the facts of it all are this:

Gillis is listening to offers for both. Offers are always coming in for different players so its business as usual meaning there is no rush to move either.

They are still evaluating what to do and this is dependent upon the above

It seems that teams are trying to get Lu on the cheap and Gillis won't go for that - nor should he.

My view is that if Gillis gets a good offer he will move one of the goalies. This will also be dependent upon what goes on after July 1st and free agency. There are obvious guys Gillis is targeting and if we get those then there is less pressure to move a goalie to acquire the needed pieces.

So as of right now things are pretty wide open and fluid. In terms of games between the GMs it is a who flinches first game at the moment. Gillis is in a position to hold out.

Ive held my breathe on these ridiculous Lou threads long enough. There has only been one meeting between Loungo and Gillis. The only thing said was that he would be willing to waive his no trade clause if it was in the best interest of the team. There is NO list of teams. Never has been. I know this simply because, Lou cousins, who Ive known for 10 plus years, own a hockey shop here on the North Shore. They know exactly whats going on, and its absolutely comical to them the way the media has competely toyed with the fans regarding Lou and the Canucks. There is NO list, and Toronto is NOT a place Lou would waive his clause to. Gillis, the team, and Lou stilll very much are a team and Gillis still considers Lou a huge part of this club. That is all im going to say about this, so enough with these fantasies about a trade involving Lou and the Leafs.

Ive held my breathe on these ridiculous Lou threads long enough. There has only been one meeting between Loungo and Gillis. The only thing said was that he would be willing to waive his no trade clause if it was in the best interest of the team. There is NO list of teams. Never has been. I know this simply because, Lou cousins, who Ive known for 10 plus years, own a hockey shop here on the North Shore. They know exactly whats going on, and its absolutely comical to them the way the media has competely toyed with the fans regarding Lou and the Canucks. There is NO list, and Toronto is NOT a place Lou would waive his clause to. Gillis, the team, and Lou stilll very much are a team and Gillis still considers Lou a huge part of this club. That is all im going to say about this, so enough with these fantasies about a trade involving Lou and the Leafs.

A lot of people have been telling Gillis to man up and grow a pair for not making a blockbuster deal, and the rumours of Luongo having a good chance not to be traded at the draft has people beyond angry.

The reasons Luongo will not be getting moved on the draft is the following:

They are still in listening mode.

Gillis had said in an interview that 5 draft picks are fine to the management, which means that they probably won't trade at the draft because why not wait if you don't want any picks, I am also aware that there will be offers on the table throughout the draft, but that does not necessarily mean the Canucks will accept.

Also, they might have not come up with a package deal for Luongo yet, and the market may be better in August.

The reasons Luongo will be getting moved at the draft is the following:

Gillis likes to troll and he could be pulling something on us.

They may want draft picks if a good offer comes up.

Schiender may not want to sign if Luongo is still here.

Also, there is a very unlikely chance that Schiender will be traded, but if they sign him it will raise his value and he could trade him if an amazing offer comes up, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

Archived