The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Spiegel: Panthers playing with fire regarding Markstrom

http://www.hockeybuz...kstrom/93/44956

After two knee surgeries and average numbers in the AHL maybe Florida wants Luongo to help mentor Markstrom like he did Schneider and help Markstrom adjust to the North American game?

Maybe Florida knows that Markstrom wants out and they want to be gaurenteed a super-star goalie in Luongo. Personally I think Vancouver would benefit most from trading Luongo to the Panthers.

I could be wrong, but all these blue chip prospects people seem to be Proposing for Lu seem unrealistic. If anything I could see a very good veteran coming back, or Lu being packaged with some young talent/ picks for something good and young.

http://www.hockeybuz...kstrom/93/44956

After two knee surgeries and average numbers in the AHL maybe Florida wants Luongo to help mentor Markstrom like he did Schneider and help Markstrom adjust to the North American game?

Maybe Florida knows that Markstrom wants out and they want to be gaurenteed a super-star goalie in Luongo. Personally I think Vancouver would benefit most from trading Luongo to the Panthers.

I'd prefer Lui get traded to Florida only so he'd be far far away from both the mainstream hockey media and a potential conference opponent.

I've already had night terrors dreaming about him in a Hawks uniform knocking us out of the playoffs...again! If Canuck fans can't stand Chelsea Dagger now...imagine this song PLUS Lui being the Hawks goalie. And Lui playing for the Leafs would mean we'd almost certainly have to hear about how he's the second coming of Johnny Bauer...or how stupid we were to trade him...from the centre of the universe based sports media 24/7.

I could be wrong, but all these blue chip prospects people seem to be Proposing for Lu seem unrealistic. If anything I could see a very good veteran coming back, or Lu being packaged with some young talent/ picks for something good and young.

Florida seemed interested in M. Subban when they broadcasted his draft combine interview. They talked about how he would feel being behind Markstrom in the depth chart, but maybe they have plans to move Markstrom.

Theodore

Clemmensen

Subban not NHL ready but at least that give FLA a good prospect.

Maybe they would be willing to move Markstrom and Theodore and bring in Lu. Last offseason Florida showed they weren't afraid of spending a little money.

Weiss would be great, and you are right that the Canucks need an actual playmaker on the second line, but Weiss is Florida's top offensive threat and they have no real superstar offensive firepower. They are not likely to move him based on organizational needs alone.

I'd prefer Lui get traded to Florida only so he'd be far far away from both the mainstream hockey media and a potential conference opponent.

I've already had night terrors dreaming about him in a Hawks uniform knocking us out of the playoffs...again! If Canuck fans can't stand Chelsea Dagger now...imagine this song PLUS Lui being the Hawks goalie. And Lui playing for the Leafs would mean we'd almost certainly have to hear about how he's the second coming of Johnny Bauer...or how stupid we were to trade him...from the centre of the universe based sports media 24/7.

Archived