The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Spiegel: Panthers playing with fire regarding Markstrom

That's pure stupidity. I rather follow the Pens and Kings mould of being competitive for years before ever following Chicago. Mortgage the future...what are you 5?

Oh and before you go and say I want a cup I'm sorry that I want to win, that's not the point. It's stupid. I want to several cups and be a good team and not deal with the crap that Edmonton is going through.

There is no way that offer could get nash! look at what Columbus gets for their superstar during a rebuild!

Luongo (Superstar goalie but may only play at that caliber 4-6 years, probs wont even waive his NMC to go there either)

Schroeder(Bang or bust prospect who didnt have a great season in AHL)

26th overall( Might be a superstar but most likely a depth guy)

2nd rounder( see above but with even less chance of a superstar)

Why would Columbus trade Nash for this when they could get so much more from anyone else! Florida would take this because they need an elite goalie, and Weiss can be moved because they have a good pipeline of talent down the middle.

Something like:

To Vancouver:

Theodore (good to have a solid backup if we go with Schneider)

Bjugstad (a great prospect for us but down in the depth chart for Florida)

Upshall (something that helps us now)

To Florida:

Luongo (either mentor Markstrom or be there long term if Markstrom never fulfills his potential)

Ballard (he had success there and Florida needs signed defence badly, especially if Garrison bolts)

Schroeder (doesn't fit with our existing core but could provide some offence for them)

Big d prospects - Gudbranson (right handed), Kulikov (not really a prospect anymore), Ellerby, Petrovic (right-handed)

Big center prospects - Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Matthias (Howden)

Florida has the young assets to get it done without really feeling a great loss.

Alot of potential win for all sides.

And again, suck it Toronto.

Something like:

To Vancouver:

Theodore (good to have a solid backup if we go with Schneider)

Bjugstad (a great prospect for us but down in the depth chart for Florida)

Upshall (something that helps us now)

To Florida:

Luongo (either mentor Markstrom or be there long term if Markstrom never fulfills his potential)

Ballard (he had success there and Florida needs signed defence badly, especially if Garrison bolts)

Schroeder (doesn't fit with our existing core but could provide some offence for them)

I'd prefer Lui get traded to Florida only so he'd be far far away from both the mainstream hockey media and a potential conference opponent.

I've already had night terrors dreaming about him in a Hawks uniform knocking us out of the playoffs...again! If Canuck fans can't stand Chelsea Dagger now...imagine this song PLUS Lui being the Hawks goalie. And Lui playing for the Leafs would mean we'd almost certainly have to hear about how he's the second coming of Johnny Bauer...or how stupid we were to trade him...from the centre of the universe based sports media 24/7.

Archived