Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Ducks expect Parros to test free agency

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 SpursCanuck

SpursCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Would be a great signing. Something the Canucks really need and that is an enforcer. Parros is a mean SOB when he needs to be and can lay down some great hits. Get it done MG 1-1.3m/2 years would be a bargain.
Posted Image

#62 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

*SQUEAL*.

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#63 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

And people like you have no clue that Parros is the exact kind of player we need on the 4th line. He can hit, fight, and chip in the odd point every now and then. Think of it as he can be Kassian's mentor if George signs here.

Right because we want Kassian to be a one-dimensional goon?

I don't think you get it. Parros is a complete liability on the ice. There's no way Gillis signs him, especially with how our 4th line is deployed under AV. Volpatti gets it, how he was talking about the new-age fourth liner that has to be effective in all areas of the game. Parros is not that kind of player.

If goons are so important how many games did Kevin Westgarth and Cam Janssen play this postseason? Their teams couldn't have had succeeded without them, could they?

#64 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

Id prefer UFA players like Moen, Prust, Tootoo, Asham and Carkner that can take more of a regular shift then Parros but at the same time i wouldn't mind if Gillis did sign him.

That moustache alone deserves a contract.

Is Tootoo a UFA already? Wow it seems like he just came into the league a few years ago, I remember when he was drafted too.

I like Parros alot but I think age has gotten to him and he can't play like he used to. He can still hit and fight like a mofo but his puck handling which was never great has declined and he just can't play regular shifts like he used to which is unfortunate.

Lol at the people that just don't get it....we don't have any fighters...we have guys that arn't afraid to drop the mitts and get beat up. There is clearly a difference. Secondly...if every player on every line plays 10-15 mins a game minimally...then you are robbing minutes from your top two lines...which is useful if you are Minnesota or Florida or Dallas. But when you have top players such as Sedins, Kesler, Booth, Burr, etc... It makes no sense to play them only 13-18 mins a night each just so that you're 4th line can play 10+ mins a night lol. IMO, it wouldn't hurt to have a player like Parros in our lineup at the very least until one of two things happen;
1) NHL completely is rid of cheapshots or
2) Kassian proves that he isn't afraid, and is fully capable of keeping the big boys in check.

You don't want to kill your top 2 lines during the regular season, no point in playing them 20+ minutes each night (outside of games with lots of PPs) because regular season means nothing, during the playoffs their minutes will go up and the point of a 4th line playing 8-10 minutes a night is to give those guys rests during the game.

Edited by Russ, 20 June 2012 - 03:42 AM.

Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#65 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

And people like you have no clue that Parros is the exact kind of player we need on the 4th line. He can hit, fight, and chip in the odd point every now and then. Think of it as he can be Kassian's mentor if George signs here.

I guarantee MG doesn't sign this guy. Why? Because he's smart and he knows in today's game guys like Parros are useless. Especially when it comes to the playoffs. Kassian's mentor?? LOL!! Wow....

#66 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

Really? Because his 8 points in 124 games (last two seasons) pretty much show that he's a plug. That's even worse than Fanner Glass

This is the problem with casual fans, they equate effectiveness with points.

You don't pick up a guy like Parros for his scoring ability. You pick him up to make sure no-one takes liberties with the guys you have that are scoring threats.

I think Parros could easily fill the role that Dale Weise played last season. In addition, I wouldn't be worried about him getting beat up by Nick Foligno.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#67 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,316 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

So if they obviously won't fight Parros, what's stopping them from playing hard against our top players?

NOTHING

Chris Neil would fight Parros. He was one of the guys who decided that bullying the twins was an effective strategy last year. If Vancouver had someone in the lineup that night who could have cleaned Neil's clock, I'd argue that the Kings might not have been so eager to employ the same tactic, just a game or so later.

It's the deterrant factor that makes an enforcer valuable.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#68 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

People always said there's no fighting in the playoffs - the first round this year was brutally violent. I'd love Parros to play 4RW.

#69 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

We do not have plenty of fighters and of the fighters u speak about, none are any good.
The last good fighter we had was Rypien (rest in peace).

Parros would have smashed Brown into little pieces after running Henrik during these playoffs.

We have NO one that stands up for our star players and it's very PATHETIC :(

Very simple isn't it. Parros is the type of player a team signs in order to get everyone away from looking like rag dolls.

Posted Image

#70 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Right because we want Kassian to be a one-dimensional goon?

I don't think you get it. Parros is a complete liability on the ice. There's no way Gillis signs him, especially with how our 4th line is deployed under AV. Volpatti gets it, how he was talking about the new-age fourth liner that has to be effective in all areas of the game. Parros is not that kind of player.

If goons are so important how many games did Kevin Westgarth and Cam Janssen play this postseason? Their teams couldn't have had succeeded without them, could they?

This is the only argument you anti-goon guys use. Guys like Parros aren't employed to be in the playoffs, they are there to ENSURE the teams top players ARE.

See: Daniel Sedin

Understand it is a deterrent. Just ask yourself this, why has Marchand not being absolutely pummeled or jumped in the past 2 years. Because guys know they will have to face up to the likes of Lucic, Chara, Thornton and McQuaid.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#71 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

This is the only argument you anti-goon guys use. Guys like Parros aren't employed to be in the playoffs, they are there to ENSURE the teams top players ARE.

See: Daniel Sedin

Understand it is a deterrent. Just ask yourself this, why has Marchand not being absolutely pummeled or jumped in the past 2 years. Because guys know they will have to face up to the likes of Lucic, Chara, Thornton and McQuaid.

The difference between Parros and the 4 Bruins you named is that those guys can also play. If your going to have a deterrent(s) on your team they need to serve other purposes too

#72 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Good player, but no room for this guy here.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.