The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] McKenzie: "I don't think Toronto are high on Bernier"

It wouldn't matter because Lombardi has made it pretty clear he has no intention of moving Bernier.

I'd say Florida are the front runners for Luongo -

1 - they have far more attractive young assets and can afford to part with a few

2 - they don't have a stubborn, lowballing GM

3 - most likely Luongo would prefer to go there

4 - their starter Theodore has only a year left at 1.5 cap hit

5 - their prospect Markstrom is only 22 and injury prone

6 - the Leafs suck and should continue to.

Doug McLean: "Doesn't see Toronto doing it, but thinks that Brian Burke it has to make a deal as much as he hates a those albatross contracts."

He also doesn't buy there are a lot of suitors for Luongo. Says he doesn't buy it.

And he just called Dumba Dumbo hahahahahahahaha

Is there a reason Lu wouldn't be a perfect fit for the oilers. He was a childhood fan after all. Maybe Dubynk is NHL ready soon but you'd think hed be an ideal goalie candidate for a highly skilled but experience lacking and mistake prone team. It's not like they wouldn't have the pieces to acquire him.

Yeah, I don't really like the returns we would get from Toronto.

Florida could be good though.

I like to mention that Schneider to Winnipeg might be a good deal.

I would prefer to keep Schneider, but the return and flexibility to trade him wherever we like is attractive.

I'm not saying Schneider for Kane, I am thinking Wheeler.

Blake Wheeler would make Kesler and Booth look great. He could also play with the Sedins (who couldn't?).

I think there are more teams interested in Luongo than is being speculated, and I think there are a whole bunch of teams that will/have inquired about Schneider.

I find it amusing the logic being parlayed out of Toronto (and from other parroting 'experts') that everyone knows the Canucks are likely to move Luongo, therefore his trade value is lower. And really who cares what McLean (or Kyrpeos for that matter think) - these guys speculation are not worth much attention.

Patently obvious counterpoint - everyone knows Toronto desperately needs a legitimate starting goaltender - therefore, they can try to lobby via the media, and posture all they want, meanwhile Florida will swoop in a do the wise thing, which is make a hockey trade.

That would be sweet.

I find it amusing the logic being parlayed out of Toronto (and from other parroting 'experts') that everyone knows the Canucks are likely to move Luongo, therefore his trade value is lower. And really who cares what McLean (or Kyrpeos for that matter think) - these guys speculation are not worth much attention.

Patently obvious counterpoint - everyone knows Toronto desperately needs a legitimate starting goaltender - therefore, they can try to lobby via the media, and posture all they want, meanwhile Florida will swoop in a do the wise thing, which is make a hockey trade.

That would be sweet.

I don't get all the Schenn hate. I think he would be the perfect partner for Edler. Big and strong, good defensively (as good as you can be on Toronto) and RHS. Plus he's much cheaper than Weber and still has a lot of room to grow as he's only 22. It would also give us more options on the back end, saying putting him with Hammer together to form a pretty good shutdown unit. Additionally, being on the same team as Hammer would be a big boost for him, as he can learn from one of the most underrated (imo) dman in the league.

Archived