The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] McKenzie: "I don't think Toronto are high on Bernier"

MG: Hey Dale, How's our farm team doing?

DT: Well, you know same ol'

MG: You know we're trying to trade Roberto eh?

DT: Yeah I saw, those Leafs, I wanna see some more waffle throwing.

MG: You know what I want to make a hockey trade.

DT: Definitely makes sense, plus I would love to see Burkie look like he did when Brayden got drafted before he did and he was stuck with Kadri.

MG: I agree.

DT: Well whatever you want MG, Howden, 1st, rights to Garrision sound good to you?

MG: For Luongo? Yeah done.

Hypothetically, If Schenn were to become a Canuck, he would become a fan favorite based solely on the fact the he can deliver some of the biggest hits in the league. Even if he was awful in his defensive end, and could never score a goal, everyone would love him because of his hits.

I don't get all the Schenn hate. I think he would be the perfect partner for Edler. Big and strong, good defensively (as good as you can be on Toronto) and RHS. Plus he's much cheaper than Weber and still has a lot of room to grow as he's only 22. It would also give us more options on the back end, saying putting him with Hammer together to form a pretty good shutdown unit. Additionally, being on the same team as Hammer would be a big boost for him, as he can learn from one of the most underrated (imo) dman in the league.

I follow your logic. Gillis has options as he has 2 great goalies, Toronto on the other hand would be asinine to go into the 2012/13 season without a huge upgrade in net. The Acquilini's have been huge Luongo supporters and the Canucks will do what is best going forward. Even if it means trading Schneider. Oh yeah TO i guess there are some other teams in thge mix.......Schneider would be coveted by at least a half dozen teams.

The Toronto biased/ based media are hilarious when they think we will just give them team Canada's goalie for nothing. If Luo does move i hope he goes to Florida so we don't have to listen to the CBC homers going on about what a great move Burkie made getting Roberto.

I don't get all the Schenn hate. I think he would be the perfect partner for Edler. Big and strong, good defensively (as good as you can be on Toronto) and RHS. Plus he's much cheaper than Weber and still has a lot of room to grow as he's only 22. It would also give us more options on the back end, saying putting him with Hammer together to form a pretty good shutdown unit. Additionally, being on the same team as Hammer would be a big boost for him, as he can learn from one of the most underrated (imo) dman in the league.

I think Bernier has a lot of potential and has shown flashes of being good now but overall he is a mediocre NHL goaltender. I think he needs two more seasons before being a starter. 5-6-2 record with a .908 save pct (compared to Quick at 35-21-13 .928). Also Bernier has only 40ish games under his belt.

For comparison, Schneider is 36-12-3 over the last two seasons with phenomenal save pct (.929, .936). Bernier is nowhere near the value of Schneider.

As for Luongo? He is good enough to put up at least respectable numbers in TO (better than 2.60 GAA and .910 SV PCT) despite their crap defense. I think if Bernier played there he would have an Auld-esque career.

I think these articles and news stories about luongo being a "salary dump" are ridiculous.. I've heard the words "mammoth contract" thrown around a lot, when the fact is his cap hit is VERY comparable to other top goalies plus the front loaded part has been paid by van (mostly)... its almost like the Toronto Sports Network is trying to de-value luongo, when reality is that elite goaltenders are rarely traded for small returns

And since everyone loves throwing proposals out - Luo, Raymond, 1st for Schenn and 1st

Archived