The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal from TSN) Edm-Mtl

Guest AriGold

My cousin who is a die hard Oilers fan and smart hockey guy just said he would do it in a second. He has been against trading the 1st overall pick like crazy too..

So i guess most Oil fans might like the idea ? He sure does fill the gaping hole.

My cousin who is a die hard Oilers fan and smart hockey guy just said he would do it in a second. He has been against trading the 1st overall pick like crazy too..

So i guess most Oil fans might like the idea ? He sure does fill the gaping hole.

Edmonton wouldnt be a push over anymore and most likely a play-off team. Subban would give them an offensive, physical, young and nasty D and most likely Galchenyuk or Forsberg would solidify center position even if they gave up gagner. Plus they might get Schultz! Cant see why Montreal would want another small forward though...

If I was an EDM fan I'd do it instantly, if it was Gagner or Paajarvi.

MTL takes Yakupov

CBJ - Murray? Or Grigorenko?

EDM takes the one CBJ doesn't

---Murray gives them a solid defence core with Subban

---Grigorenko fills the void Gagner or Paajarvi leaves

As a Montreal fan I wouldn't do it. Subban is only 22 and already playing top 2 minutes, the + others would have to be substantial considering guys like Bob Mackenzie have said there isnt as big a drop on from Nail to the other top prospects as originally thought

Edmonton wouldnt be a push over anymore and most likely a play-off team. Subban would give them an offensive, physical, young and nasty D and most likely Galchenyuk or Forsberg would solidify center position even if they gave up gagner. Plus they might get Schultz! Cant see why Montreal would want another small forward though...

As a Montreal fan I wouldn't do it. Subban is only 22 and already playing top 2 minutes, the + others would have to be substantial considering guys like Bob Mackenzie have said there isnt as big a drop on from Nail to the other top prospects as originally thought

That may be the belief today but I don't think it will be that way for long. Yakupov was in a league of his own up until about January. The he had a bit of a slump and an injury. Meanwhile Murray gets handed a spot on Canada and that creates all kinds of buzz. Yakupov didn't really have a chance to break out of his slump so he left a very average last impression. I expect him to bounce back and show everyone why he was the consensus 1st overall pick all season.

Yakupov isn't another small forward(I assume thats who you're talking about). He's a very thick kid that is strong. He'd also walk into that dressing room and be the best player at 18 years old outside of Price. The Canadiens want and need Yakupov.

As for the proposal. I'm an Oilers fan and I'd do it. I wouldn't do Yakupov for Subban straight up but the 3rd makes it worth it and I'd be willing to make up the difference with Gagner or Paajarvi.

Archived