Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Proposal from TSN) Edm-Mtl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

That's Hockey is on and Pierre suggested this trade:

To Edmonton: PK Subban + 3rd overall pick

To Montreal: 1st overall pick and others (Paajarvi & Gagner?)

What are everyone's thoughts on that?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

My cousin who is a die hard Oilers fan and smart hockey guy just said he would do it in a second. He has been against trading the 1st overall pick like crazy too..

So i guess most Oil fans might like the idea ? He sure does fill the gaping hole.

#3 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

That's Hockey is on and Pierre suggested this trade:

To Edmonton: PK Subban + 3rd overall pick

To Montreal: 1st overall pick and others (Paajarvi & Gagner?)

What are everyone's thoughts on that?

Edmonton needs the 1st to select Nail or Murray, I think. I wouldn't risk it. Subban's a well-known D, but he's ehh.......Idk.
Posted Image

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

My cousin who is a die hard Oilers fan and smart hockey guy just said he would do it in a second. He has been against trading the 1st overall pick like crazy too..

So i guess most Oil fans might like the idea ? He sure does fill the gaping hole.

And Edmonton could snag either Murray, Girgs, or Galchenyuk with the 3rd overall. My god Edmonton's gonna have a scary team.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 KicKassian

KicKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Edmonton wouldnt be a push over anymore and most likely a play-off team. Subban would give them an offensive, physical, young and nasty D and most likely Galchenyuk or Forsberg would solidify center position even if they gave up gagner. Plus they might get Schultz! Cant see why Montreal would want another small forward though...

#6 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

If I was an EDM fan I'd do it instantly, if it was Gagner or Paajarvi.

MTL takes Yakupov
CBJ - Murray? Or Grigorenko?
EDM takes the one CBJ doesn't
---Murray gives them a solid defence core with Subban
---Grigorenko fills the void Gagner or Paajarvi leaves

zuhwS.gif

#7 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

As a Montreal fan I wouldn't do it. Subban is only 22 and already playing top 2 minutes, the + others would have to be substantial considering guys like Bob Mackenzie have said there isnt as big a drop on from Nail to the other top prospects as originally thought

Edited by qwijibo, 19 June 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#8 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Edmonton wouldnt be a push over anymore and most likely a play-off team. Subban would give them an offensive, physical, young and nasty D and most likely Galchenyuk or Forsberg would solidify center position even if they gave up gagner. Plus they might get Schultz! Cant see why Montreal would want another small forward though...

Yakupov isn't another small forward(I assume thats who you're talking about). He's a very thick kid that is strong. He'd also walk into that dressing room and be the best player at 18 years old outside of Price. The Canadiens want and need Yakupov.

As for the proposal. I'm an Oilers fan and I'd do it. I wouldn't do Yakupov for Subban straight up but the 3rd makes it worth it and I'd be willing to make up the difference with Gagner or Paajarvi.

#9 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

As a Montreal fan I wouldn't do it. Subban is only 22 and already playing top 2 minutes, the + others would have to be substantial considering guys like Bob Mackenzie have said there isnt as big a drop on from Nail to the other top prospects as originally thought

That may be the belief today but I don't think it will be that way for long. Yakupov was in a league of his own up until about January. The he had a bit of a slump and an injury. Meanwhile Murray gets handed a spot on Canada and that creates all kinds of buzz. Yakupov didn't really have a chance to break out of his slump so he left a very average last impression. I expect him to bounce back and show everyone why he was the consensus 1st overall pick all season.

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Edmonton would, not so sure about Montreal though.

zackass.png

#11 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

That may be the belief today but I don't think it will be that way for long. Yakupov was in a league of his own up until about January. The he had a bit of a slump and an injury. Meanwhile Murray gets handed a spot on Canada and that creates all kinds of buzz. Yakupov didn't really have a chance to break out of his slump so he left a very average last impression. I expect him to bounce back and show everyone why he was the consensus 1st overall pick all season.

There is also the school og thought that if Alex Galchenyuk hadn't been hurt he would have challenged for the top spot. If I'm Montreal I'd rather have Alex Galchenyuk and Subban than Yakapov and Ganger or Pajaarvi

#12 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

There is also the school og thought that if Alex Galchenyuk hadn't been hurt he would have challenged for the top spot. If I'm Montreal I'd rather have Alex Galchenyuk and Subban than Yakapov and Ganger or Pajaarvi

I'm an Oilers fan and I already said that I'd make that trade so you don't have to covince me.

My reasoning just has less to do with the 3rd overall pick and more to do with Subban being so good.

Edited by Greene02, 19 June 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#13 hockey21383

hockey21383

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

He was just throwing a random proposal out there. Theres no way MTL would give Subban and the 3rd ovrall to move up 2 spots. The fact you made a thread about this is stupid...

Edited by hockey21383, 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#14 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

And Edmonton could snag either Murray, Girgs, or Galchenyuk with the 3rd overall. My god Edmonton's gonna have a scary team.

In a couple of years they may also have scary cap issues once everyone comes up for new contract negotiations

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 19 June 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#15 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Edmonton would be stupid not to take that deal. And if they could get Murray with the 3rd selection (unlikely but still), they would be set for the future.

Jagermeister.jpg

#16 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yakupov isn't another small forward(I assume thats who you're talking about). He's a very thick kid that is strong. He'd also walk into that dressing room and be the best player at 18 years old outside of Price. The Canadiens want and need Yakupov.

As for the proposal. I'm an Oilers fan and I'd do it. I wouldn't do Yakupov for Subban straight up but the 3rd makes it worth it and I'd be willing to make up the difference with Gagner or Paajarvi.

Yes Yakupov is a small forward. I don't see why Montreal would do it. Galchenyuk, Subban > Yakupov and other
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#17 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

He was just throwing a random proposal out there. Theres no way MTL would give Subban and the 3rd ovrall to move up 2 spots. The fact you made a thread about this is stupid...

Explain how making a thread about this is stupid?
I persoanly think its a good thread to disscuss some options.

Edited by VintageForever420, 19 June 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.