The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

L.A. Kings' Drew Doughty investigated in alleged sexual assault

Los Angeles County prosecutors are reviewing an allegation by a woman who alleges she was sexually assaulted earlier this year by L.A. Kings player Drew Doughty, a district attorney’s spokeswoman said Tuesday.

“It’s under review,” said spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons, who declined to detail the allegations, citing the office’s pending decision. “I expect a resolution this week.”

Doughty's attorney, Craig Renetzky, said that although the case was technically under review, he expects it will be rejected this week.

The Hermosa Beach Police Department, which investigated the case, did not return numerous calls for comment Tuesday afternoon.

Doughty was the second overall pick by the Kings in the 2008 draft. The Canadian defenseman missed almost all of training camp before this season before signing an eight-year, $56-million deal that made him the team's highest-paid player by average annual value.

He had two goals and four assists during the Stanley Cup Final, along with goals against St. Louis and Phoenix en route to the championship series.

For a while, I thought Sutter actually lit a fire under his ass and forced him to drop the pretty-boy antics/attitude.. guess I was wrong.

I do find it strange that this girl chose to wait a couple months before reporting him, right after he wins the Stanley Cup and becomes a household name in LA? I don't believe the timing is a coincidence at all.

I don't understand why you guys are ripping Drew Doughty?

Clearly this woman found out this guy is actually a pretty rich hockey player after seeing him in the Stanley Cup Finals or at the parade, here's my chance to get some money from him for nothing.

Archived