Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lui's Knob

Tsn mock draft says we pick...

111 posts in this topic

We need a D..... we already have a goalie. We're not trading Luongo and Schneider.

TSN is a joke. They have really no clue what is going on with the western teams . When they talk I change the channel.

Maybe TSN can foretell that schneider will soon be run out by canucks fans as well and subban will be the next "victim" of Vancouver..... lol

Samuelsson can't skate and after the Cody Hodgson fiasco I would have thought some fans would have wised up a bit concerning that particular aspect of a would be two-way forward. Plus I think his ultimate upside is limited. With a first rounder, even a late one, you have to swing big and try to land a future top 6 forward or top 4 D.

Goalies should not be taken in the first round. Too much uncertainty.

Samuelsson can't skate and after the Cody Hodgson fiasco I would have thought some fans would have wised up a bit concerning that particular aspect of a would be two-way forward. Plus I think his ultimate upside is limited. With a first rounder, even a late one, you have to swing big and try to land a future top 6 forward or top 4 D.

People shouldn't comment if they do not know the prospect in the draft. Reading small reports about a prospect is instant fail. 99% of the time, Sportsnet and TSN will not mention the player's flaws. If you base the players with only the positives written on those sites, everyone player in the draft looks like a potential star in the league. Usually, its the guy who no one mentions turns into the player. IMO, there's not a lot to like in this draft.

I've always liked the idea of drafting a boom or bust from the American development program. I know, there's quite a few defense man with elite skating ability but as usual, lots of these high school kids are playing against weaker opponents but there are a lot of guys who turn out great. Krieder was a guy who was still playing in high school and looks like one of be biggest steals of the 08 draft.

You kind of already know what you are going to get from the WHL/OHL players. At the 26th? Unless It's like a Nicklas Jensen with only 1 year in the league, I'd pass.

It was Pierre McGuire and Craig Button doing the draft, of course it makes no sense.

They are both just awful.

It was Pierre McGuire and Craig Button doing the draft, of course it makes no sense.

They are both just awful.

You mean that guy that got 40 points in his rookie year? who worked on his skating enough to make it at least average instead of a liability

Tom Wilson

Stefan Matteau

Dalton Thrower

Colton Sissons

In that order.

Maguire and Button are the two most annoying analysts in hockey. I hope this travesty can be avoided in the future.

I completely agree that Button and McQuire are tools, but it does make me laugh how some of the CDC posters believe their ideas are exactly what we need.

IE....trading Lu and 2 picks to get Schenn and a pick

Trading Ballard, Raymond and a pick to get 1 player coming back

Why do a lot of CDC posters think we always have to give up more to get less back.

I completely agree that Button and McQuire are tools, but it does make me laugh how some of the CDC posters believe their ideas are exactly what we need.

IE....trading Lu and 2 picks to get Schenn and a pick

Trading Ballard, Raymond and a pick to get 1 player coming back

Why do a lot of CDC posters think we always have to give up more to get less back.

What difference does it make? Gillis doesn't keep our 1st round picks, anyways.

BPA.........Forward That is 6'1 or taller and skates extremely well. At 26 I like N.Kerdiles, C.Sissons, T.Wilson

First off, i by no means am saying that Subban is the guy to draft in the first round. However...

most of the people in this thread are idiots. You realize that the draft is meant for the future, right? Why wouldn't the Canucks draft a goaltender? Subban is probably 4-5 years out before getting to the NHL, and even then he'll come in as a backup. By the time Subban is ready to be a starter (assuming he ever does), Cory Schneider will likely be in his mid 30's. It seems about the right time to draft another solid goalie if you ask me.

So in summary, the draft is not meant to fill our current needs. It's to fill our needs 5 years from now. Comments like "we don't need a goalie" just make you look stupid.

If we ended up trading Schneider instead of Lou, drafting a goalie early actually makes sense.