The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tsn mock draft says we pick...

Lui's Knob

I said the same thing when I saw that... I was like a really a goalie "we have goaltending issues"

Do they not realize that offers are been looked for Luongo because Schids can be a #1? If anything I see the Devils trading up just to get Subban. There the ones whos goaltenders r both over 38.

Gillis has always gone after the best player avaib. but if thats Subban I say he skips him.

I like Thomas Wilson

Vitals

Height: 6’4

Weight: 203

Position: Right Wing

Subtlety is not the first thing that comes to mind when discussing Wilson’s game. The Plymouth Whalers power forward uses his big frame to punish opponents and create scoring chances. And if someone doesn’t like it, he’s happy to drop the gloves.

That was the situation at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game when Wilson traded punches with Saskatoon’s Dalton Thrower after the Whalers big man drove Thrower’s Blades teammate, Lukas Sutter, into the boards.

Wilson busted a knuckle on Thrower’s head, but returned after missing a month and was productive.

Though Wilson isn’t a scorer in Plymouth yet, scouts know his track record from midget and the Whalers are always so deep youngsters don’t always post numbers right away. “He’s an interesting player,” said one scout. “All the attributes of an NHL power forward. He skates well is strong below the goal line and his hands an ability to make plays are underrated.”

If we could trade up a couple spots to get him, or possibly he falls to us, I would be ecstatic.

Agree- this is a bizarre draft, 90% of the guys have had major injuries this year and that Galenchyuck guy has what like 8 games this year and is supposed to go top 5!!!

No top Canadian forwards and the rankings are all over the place aside from number 1

What's a girl to do?

Pick the BPA

why the heck do many of you not want Subban? if he falls this far, then snatch that up.. he wont be ready for awhile and he seems like a valuable asset. We could always trade him later if we wanted.. Maybe when his bro becomes an UFA he will join his little bro =)

Unless there is a better player available, I would welcome Subban any day

The sportsnet Mock draft is much better.

http://www.sportsnet...aft_mock_draft/

Here's who they have us taking: Patrick King says we select Laughton and Sam Cosentino says Aberg.

26 logo_draft_small_29.png Scott Laughton, C (Oshawa, OHL) Pontus Aberg, LW (Djurgarden, Swe)

King: Canucks would have seen a lot of Laughton this season as they monitored the progress of last year's first-rounder, Generals forward Nicklas Jensen. Laughton is a character centre who can play well at both ends of the rink.

Cosentino: Plays hard, shoots it well. Missed time in the second half and was limited some important viewings, but performed admirably when healthy in Sweden's top league.

But both analysts have Slater Koekkoek going after our pick, and I don't think there's a chance Gillis passes on the big defender.

Ino people are confused at McGuire's choice but it got me thinking...

Would you rather choose a potential #1 guy in Subban over a potential 2nd/3rd liner in Samuelsson & Laughton or a bottom 4 Dman in Thrower?

Just look at our situation with Cory Schneider. We drafted Schneider with the 26th selection in the 04 draft. The players that went 24, 25, 27 and 28 are Chucko, Robby Schremp, Jeff Schultz and Mark Fristric. None are making the impact Schneider will in the NHL. Goalies just slip in the Draft because of they're position. If our motto is really 'pick the best player available', we should jump all over Subban if he is still available.

We can become the 'Goalie Market' for years to come. We also wouldn't have to rush someone like Subban with other names in front of him.

That being said, I think GMMG won't select Subban but it would be a cool scenario if he did.

My top 3 pics for us(if available):

1) H. Samuelsson

2) D. Thrower

3) S. Laughton

Apperently we have "a goaltending issue" according the Pierre McGuire.

He also said Boston is gunna pick Vasilevski, yeah because they need a goaile aswell right? Rask isn't that young and good?

Pierre is a complete idiot, why did TSN have to pick there 2 worst analysts to do this.

I was quite confused when Maguire pegged the Canucks to take Malcolm Subban. Of course, it's just their mock draft so it doesn't really provide any solid indication of how the draft will actually unfold, rather it's just a very educated guess. That said, I don't consider the Canucks picking Malcolm Subban with the 26th overall to be that educated a guess.

Archived