The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler for Jordan Staal and here's why...

Jordan Staal wants out of PIT. He is sick of being a 3rd line Center. Even with his reduced icetime and offensive chances he is able to put up 20 goals and 30 assists. That's 50 points from a 3rd line centreman. He could put up 60-70 on our 2nd line. He would centre the 2nd PP unit, and start the 1st PK unit. He could spark Booth back to a 30 goal season. He would play all the same big minutes Kesler did except he is more of a playmaking, puck distributing centreman.

Kesler would look like a beast on either Crosby or Malkin's wing. Hello 40 goal season.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Staal-Higgins

Raymond/Jensen-Schroeder-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Kassian

PP1:

Booth-Sedin-Sedin

PP2:

Burrows-Staal-Higgins

PK1:

Staal-Burrows

PK2:

Malhotra-Hansen

I think the Pens would do Kesler and a 1st, even though our 1st is low, there are a lot of players that can fall due to the depth of the draft. Maybe they want Subban after Fleury's debacle in the playoffs.

I don't get why people are so high on Staal. He's great and all, but personally, without being a huge homer, I think that Kesler is a lot better. You don't trade the heart of your team for someone who's career high is 50 points. Kesler got 49 points after he missed training camp and didn't look nearly as good as he did last year. Also, Staal is pretty injury prone too.

Judging from my username, you probably know that I disagree with you :P

Kesler, IMO, brings much much more to our team than Jordan Staal would ever bring. Kesler just fits in Vancouer, no other player can replace him here. Kesler has flourished here and continues to improve. He has gone from a career 3rd line checker to a second line beast and a 1st line center on about 15 NHL teams. Kesler has brought so many memories, had so many big goals, and brings so much to the table.

Can one off year brain wash all you fans to thinking that Jordan Staal is a better player? Ridiculous. Sure, Staals only 24, but I think Kesler has more to offer to the Canucks. He obviously loves it here. He has EARNED his spot here in Vancouver.

Shame on all of you who wan him out just after one off year. That too with a major injury nagging him all year long. 49 points in 76 games while playing injured is pretty good if you ask me.

lol heart and soul? a guy who is a premiere diver and embellisher, cocky and arrogant over nothing. If he's the heart and soul, no wonder our team has a bad name around the league.

As for this trade, I'm all for and it and I think the Pens would do it. I also made a proposal for J.Staal and getting him would be the best move the Canucks can make. I think this trade would work well for both teams. Anyone saying it's lopsided either way is an idiot, if anything I think the Canucks would slightly win the trade.

I don't get why people are so high on Staal. He's great and all, but personally, without being a huge homer, I think that Kesler is a lot better. You don't trade the heart of your team for someone who's career high is 50 points. Kesler got 49 points after he missed training camp and didn't look nearly as good as he did last year. Also, Staal is pretty injury prone too.

Terrible idea.

Some of you flip flop more then Mitt Romney.

Just last season you guys were dubbing Kesler as one of the best players in the league and after a season of him recovering from an injury and being injured again you guys want him gone for someone who is half as good in his own zone...

You guys are ridiculous, I pity some of you, especially the guy above me.

Are you kidding? Kesler is a lot better? Hell no! You need to look at things more in depth, don't just compare the 2 based on point production. Kesler plays a lot more minutes then Staal, Kesler also gets 1st unit PP time, something that Staal doesn't. Staal is stuck behind Crosby and Malkin on the depth chart. He plays majority of his minutes in defensive situations and still puts up 50 points on average. He is bigger and a better play maker then Kesler, and is about 4 years younger.

Archived