The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler for Jordan Staal and here's why...

lol heart and soul? a guy who is a premiere diver and embellisher, cocky and arrogant over nothing. If he's the heart and soul, no wonder our team has a bad name around the league.

As for this trade, I'm all for and it and I think the Pens would do it. I also made a proposal for J.Staal and getting him would be the best move the Canucks can make. I think this trade would work well for both teams. Anyone saying it's lopsided either way is an idiot, if anything I think the Canucks would slightly win the trade.

lol you answered your own question in that statement. If Kesler was on that team, nobody would send their top guys to shut him down either, heck they don't even send their top guys to stop him here. Top guys are usually trying to stop Hank and Danny

lol you answered your own question in that statement. If Kesler was on that team, nobody would send their top guys to shut him down either, heck they don't even send their top guys to stop him here. Top guys are usually trying to stop Hank and Danny

I think MG would have more leverage in this trade and be able to get another asset from PIT. He can always argue that Kesler is a former 40 goal scorer and Selke Nominee who can jump right onto their 1st line as a winger. Only thing Staal has going for him is his age and his potential in a top 6 role.

How about Kesler for Staal + 2nd round pick?

I think MG would have more leverage in this trade and be able to get another asset from PIT. He can always argue that Kesler is a former 40 goal scorer and Selke Nominee who can jump right onto their 1st line as a winger. Only thing Staal has going for him is his age and his potential in a top 6 role.

How about Kesler for Staal + 2nd round pick?

That's cause morons like you probably don't watch any other hockey games other then the Canucks', hence you wouldn't understand and are biased. Guys like you think Kesler's the best thing out there. I'm as big of a Canucks fan as anyone here but I'm not biased. Staal has better tools, more skill and sees the ice much better and can create plays. If you watch some Penguins games next year, put your bias aside and just watch what Staal can do. I bet if you do a poll with any of the hockey analysts on any network, 9 out of 10 would take Staal over Kesler.

It's because we need a big, young, playmaking centreman, that's why.

This isn't about which player is better, it's about which player is better for the team.

Plus Staal is 6'4 220 lbs. That would make him the biggest guy on our team. Talk about adding size to your top 6. Isn't that what MG has been going for lately?

Kesler had 49 points this year, and was still solid defensively. He came off surgery making him have an off year, and is just 1 year off winning the Selke trophy.

Staal had 50 points this year, and was solid defensively. He had a career year.

I fail to see any logic in how Staal is better than Kesler.

This year, you could argue that he was, but not by a whole bunch. In general, Kelser is still a better player.

It's because we need a big, young, playmaking centreman, that's why.

This isn't about which player is better, it's about which player is better for the team.

Plus Staal is 6'4 220 lbs. That would make him the biggest guy on our team. Talk about adding size to your top 6. Isn't that what MG has been

going for lately?

Seriously dude? You do realize Crosby and Makin play for the Pens, hence Staal is on the 3rd line? Hell, if Hank was on that team, he would be a 3rd line center. Yes Kesler had A great series against Nashville and that's it! Just ONE series in a 7 year career? Meanwhile Staal has a ring and pretty much shut down Zetterberg in in the 2009 cup final. Staal plays mostly in defensive situations and gets far less offensive minutes (ie PP etc) and still has a career Point/game avg equal to Kesler.

Go ahead buddy look it up, never been a big fan of the guy, mostly 'cause of his douchebag attitude

Although I like your idea, I don't think Pittsburgh wants more centers since they have Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kennedy and Vitale. Shero would probably want wingers for Jordan, so how about this counter proposal from Vancouver's side?

To Vancouver: Jordan Staal

To Pittsburgh: David Booth + Anton Rodin + Chris Tanev + Jannik Hansen + 2012 2nd + 2013 1st

Archived