The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG Laughing About Harding Signing with Wild?

allkill326

Yes on Kadri. I live in TO and watch the leafs alot, Grabo is a heck of a player and one of their only true leaders, the guy brings it every night...he would look good on the nucks, he is not even close to what you describe. You certainly haven't watched him much and are simply making assumptions based on the so called 'russion factor'

Deeper analysis next time son.

I clicked on this thread because I thought you literally had a video of Mike Gillis laughing. The only thing that comes out of that guys mouth is "lawyer-speak". I can only imagine what it's like for his wife when she asks him to dirty talk. During his college years, He probably gave incredibly vague, ambiguous pickup lines just to keep his cards "close to his chest".

Schneider isn't signed yet and as a RFA it's possible that he gets an offer sheet that we can't match,

Lawrence Gilman confirms that. It's a long shot but who knows?.

How can we trade Lou before Cory has been signed????????

A lot of dreaming on CDC going on about what we'll get in return for Lou, I'd say!

The "cart before the horse" is the expression I'd use.

The best news would be that we find Schneider confirmed as signed with us, then we can dream about what we'll get back in a Luongo trade.

My thoughts are nothing will happen till after the draft as Cory's agent Mike Liut wants to see what free agent offers his client will get (if any) come July 1st.

A salary dump would be completely idiotic. If no GM is going to make a decent offer for Lu, then MG better not just get rid of him.

Logically, MG should trade Schneider.

And the reason there's no Cory speculation outside of CDC is because a Luongo trade would be a huge story, which is the only thing the media goes after.

Ok so MG wants to get Younger, and bigger up front.

So your logic says Trade the younger and more valuable asset that uses less cap space to get a bigger return that may or may not mesh with the team.

Keep the guy that got out played all season and playoffs, and has the label "Elite" If Luongo is so "Elite" then why is his value lower than an unproven backup?

That’s Logic?

He made a strong statement when he said he would wave his clause if it’s right for the team, why would he just bring that up out of the blue?

I find that very uncharacteristic of him. That is just not a Luongo type response.

Gillis and AV both kinda slipped up a few weeks back implying Luongo may want out. I would say behind closed doors there is a situation. Gillis is doing everything he can to deflect the notion that Luo wants out to the media.

Now they went from, we haven’t spoken to Luo to Listening mode.

I don’t think we have a choice, bud!

Cap space is the most valuable asset on a cap team, It is far from "completely idiotic" to obtain it

If we are to get bigger and younger up front, trading Cory would get us more in return than Lu would. And it's Cory's age that makes him more appealing. And don't bother with saying a player may or may not mesh with the team, otherwise you don't like any trades.

Lu saying he'd waive his no trade clause doesn't necessarily mean he wants out. It's him being a team player. You know how bad it would sound if he said he would not waive it under any circumstance?

And yes, a cup dump is idiotic because we could get a far better return than just cap space with either Lu or Cory.

So you admit that his value is higher because he is yonger, Why would any business let go of a more valuable asset, to keep one on decline.

If you say age is the main factor then Luo is getting older, thus declining in value.

I say may or may not mesh because any trade is a gamble, Cory works here, thats a fact.

Does Ballard?

Its a bigger gamble to trade a more valuable proven asset for something that looks good on paper.

Trading an asset on decline for capspace to obtain and retain players is the best approch IMO.

Keep most valuable players to have the most value in team.

I clicked on this thread because I thought you literally had a video of Mike Gillis laughing. The only thing that comes out of that guys mouth is "lawyer-speak". I can only imagine what it's like for his wife when she asks him to dirty talk. During his college years, He probably gave incredibly vague, ambiguous pickup lines just to keep his cards "close to his chest".

Archived