Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 daniel_canuck

daniel_canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

MY TURN! FLAME AWAY!

To TML:
Luongo
Kesler

To Vancouver:
Grabovski
Schenn
5th overall pick

Somewhat fair value I think. Could get a variety of fantastic players at #5. If anything its probably an underpayment by us.

Edit: Realized I forgot to put anything except '[Proposal]', deal with it.

Edited by daniel_canuck, 20 June 2012 - 12:31 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to TM22 for the sig

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Luongo = 5th overall
Kesler >Grabo and Schenn (value wise maybe not so much, but in terms of team needs).

Grabovski would be a big downgrade from Kesler. Add on to that my skepticism that Luke Schenn will ever be better than a bottom pair D man, and I don't think we benefit much from this.

Jagermeister.jpg

#3 daniel_canuck

daniel_canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well in that case I don't think we'll be able to see quite eye to eye. I don't think Luongo could land us the #5 overall staight up. Also, I do believe Schenn will at the very least be a top 4 dman. He led the league in hits by a Dman last year! He's only 22, Dmen don't flourish as quickly as forwards do. He would be great on Edler's right side (not to mention it would probably be a hell of a confidence boost).
Posted Image
Credit to TM22 for the sig

#4 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Luongo = 5th overall
Kesler >Grabo and Schenn (value wise maybe not so much, but in terms of team needs).

Grabovski would be a big downgrade from Kesler. Add on to that my skepticism that Luke Schenn will ever be better than a bottom pair D man, and I don't think we benefit much from this.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#5 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well in that case I don't think we'll be able to see quite eye to eye. I don't think Luongo could land us the #5 overall staight up. Also, I do believe Schenn will at the very least be a top 4 dman. He led the league in hits by a Dman last year! He's only 22, Dmen don't flourish as quickly as forwards do. He would be great on Edler's right side (not to mention it would probably be a hell of a confidence boost).

Schenn's game has not really progressed since he came into the league. He constintly tries to go for hits that should not be made, putting him in a bad position, and he doesn't have the speed to make up for those mistakes. He isn't very good with the puck, it is the one area he has improved on, but the kid will never be a 2-way D-man, and for a shutdown D he just makes too many mistakes.

Edited by Jagermeister, 20 June 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Jagermeister.jpg

#6 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

remove grabovski, insert lupul and id do that deal
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#7 KicKassian

KicKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

remove grabovski, insert lupul and id do that deal

If we were to lose a center we would need to get a center back! no way im having schroeder play on the 2nd line!

#8 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,594 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

Schenn's game has not really progressed since he came into the league. He constintly tries to go for hits that should not be made, putting him in a bad position, and he doesn't have the speed to make up for those mistakes. He isn't very good with the puck, it is the one area he has improved on, but the kid will never be a 2-way D-man, and for a shutdown D he just makes too many mistakes.

What do you expect when the only mentor he's had to learn from is Phaneuf?

#9 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Very creative and something different for sure. But...

Kesler IMO is worth more than Schenn and Grabovski... Maybe add in a minor prospect? Or Franson?
Posted Image

#10 Paul_Kariya28

Paul_Kariya28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think this is almost fair
5th Overall>Luongo
Kesler>Schenn + Grabovski

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.