MY TURN! FLAME AWAY!

To TML:

Luongo

Kesler

To Vancouver:

Grabovski

Schenn

5th overall pick

Somewhat fair value I think. Could get a variety of fantastic players at #5. If anything its probably an underpayment by us.

Edit: Realized I forgot to put anything except '[Proposal]', deal with it.

Luongo = 5th overall

Kesler >Grabo and Schenn (value wise maybe not so much, but in terms of team needs).

Grabovski would be a big downgrade from Kesler. Add on to that my skepticism that Luke Schenn will ever be better than a bottom pair D man, and I don't think we benefit much from this.

Well in that case I don't think we'll be able to see quite eye to eye. I don't think Luongo could land us the #5 overall staight up. Also, I do believe Schenn will at the very least be a top 4 dman. He led the league in hits by a Dman last year! He's only 22, Dmen don't flourish as quickly as forwards do. He would be great on Edler's right side (not to mention it would probably be a hell of a confidence boost).

Luongo = 5th overall

Kesler >Grabo and Schenn (value wise maybe not so much, but in terms of team needs).

Grabovski would be a big downgrade from Kesler. Add on to that my skepticism that Luke Schenn will ever be better than a bottom pair D man, and I don't think we benefit much from this.

Well in that case I don't think we'll be able to see quite eye to eye. I don't think Luongo could land us the #5 overall staight up. Also, I do believe Schenn will at the very least be a top 4 dman. He led the league in hits by a Dman last year! He's only 22, Dmen don't flourish as quickly as forwards do. He would be great on Edler's right side (not to mention it would probably be a hell of a confidence boost).

Schenn's game has not really progressed since he came into the league. He constintly tries to go for hits that should not be made, putting him in a bad position, and he doesn't have the speed to make up for those mistakes. He isn't very good with the puck, it is the one area he has improved on, but the kid will never be a 2-way D-man, and for a shutdown D he just makes too many mistakes.

Archived