The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Maple Leafs might not be so desperate for Luongo after all

NuxFan09

Eastern media (Toronto) has been bending over backwards trying to help Burke keep Luongo's trade value down. Every one who knows anything about hockey knows Burke needs a goalie to make the playoffs and save his job next season.

IF MG is going to dump Luongo for nothing it won't be to Toronto. MG won't be doing any favours for the Leafs after the tampering charge and the Burke leak regarding Burrows and Bieksa being offered for the 2nd overall to TBL a few years ago. There is no love lost between these two clubs.

If MG has to take less hell do it from another club.

of course hes gonna say that... whats he suppose to say " we need luongo so bad.... we have to have him"

Its a business you cant act desperate, there all just playing the role. Let be real, Leafs need Luongo BAD

Burke declined to talk about specific goalie targets, but it’s clear through conversations I’ve had with other league sources that the Leafs have interest in Luongo, although as of Wednesday morning, I don’t believe there had been any meaningful discussions between Toronto and Vancouver.

Contradiction and clearly speculation.

Whatever - not newsworthy.

TSN insider Darren Dreger reports Panthers have limited interest in Luongo (salary issues), no meaningful negotiations. Ditto with Leafs.

I have said this over and over again, Like him or hate him Luongo has little to no Value, best case would be cap space

Behond CDC Luongo is a overpaid, aging, underachieving liability

But if nothing happens on that front, the Leafs can also live with James Reimer and Ben Scrivens as their 1-2 punch in goal.

"We are prepared to go forward on that basis," Burke said. "If we can upgrade at the goaltending position, and at a reasonable price, we’ll do it. But are prepared [to go with Reimer-Scrivens]. I believe in James Reimer. He’s young, he’s athletic, I believe in this kid. If we have to start like that, we will."

Eastern media (Toronto) has been bending over backwards trying to help Burke keep Luongo's trade value down. Every one who knows anything about hockey knows Burke needs a goalie to make the playoffs and save his job next season.

IF MG is going to dump Luongo for nothing it won't be to Toronto. MG won't be doing any favours for the Leafs after the tampering charge and the Burke leak regarding Burrows and Bieksa being offered for the 2nd overall to TBL a few years ago. There is no love lost between these two clubs.

If MG has to take less hell do it from another club.

TSN insider Darren Dreger reports Panthers have limited interest in Luongo (salary issues), no meaningful negotiations. Ditto with Leafs.

I have said this over and over again, Like him or hate him Luongo has little to no Value, best case would be cap space

Archived