The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Maple Leafs might not be so desperate for Luongo after all

NuxFan09

Luongo Record since Being in a Canucks Uniform (6 Seasons - 386 Games)

224-115-41 = 489 Points

Entire Leafs Revolving Door Record... over the 6 Season (492 Games)

Jonas Gustavsson

James Reimer

Ben Scrivens

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Vesa Toskala

Joey MacDonald

Curtis Joseph

Martin Gerber

Justin Pogge

Andrew Raycroft

Scott Clemmensen

212-210-70 = 494 Points

You tell me if Burke is not desperate

Look, if we're not gonna get that #5 pick,

this trade won't be done until mid summer.

There's no rush at all

If MG gets his players during FA to fill in the cracks, there's no need to trade for a Luke Schenn or Jake Gardiner if he can get the right players for his team.

People here are so stupid. They expect this crazy return for Luongo from Toronto. This article makes perfect sense. Reimer has proven he can be a successful no 1 goalie. He lead a crappier leafs team to a 20-10 record in his rookie season. He got concussed last season and it was a setback but that doesn't mean Burke is gonna start trading their lottery pick and blue chip dman for a 33 year old goalie.

I'm not bashing Lu or saying he won't improve the leafs cause he will. But this article makes perfect sense. It doesn't seem like a "bluff" or even usual hockey speak. Burke is about as truthful and candid as they come. If they can get Lu for cheap they probably will but I suspect Gilly won't give him up for that. Hopefully we sign Cory to a reasonable deal or another team makes a serious play for one of our goalies before the draft. If Cory gets a lucrative long term offer sheet any bargaining power we thought we had goes out the window.

Notice how the Leafs media come out with a new article everyday trying to devalue Luongo?

They want him badly, and Gillis knows it. Burke can say all he wants through the media, the bottom line is, pay up, or lose your number 1 goalie.

i still think that it is definitely possible that Lou doesn't get traded and Schneider does. Burke and MG could easily have their ego's collide and a deal does not get done as a result. If Columbus is interested in Schneider and they are willing to give up a lot (say a 2nd, or Nash in a deal), MG would be more than happy to keep Lou with Lack as a backup and deal Schneider, as would I if we get overpaid by Columbus. I've been crying for Lou to get traded but I'm starting to think I'd like assets from Columbus back more than what TO is willing to give us. Plus, we'd still have Lou so... ahh the suspense is killing me!!! I just don't know!!!???

I think he will return a high draft pick, highly touted prospect, top 4 defenseman or a top six forward. If Burke, or any other GM won't give him that, I think Gillis will hang on to Luongo and see how desperate teams are at the trading deadline.uxury of pat

Of course, by then, the price just might be higher....

Hahahh happy with the crap he has between the pipes? Yeahhh right, he's just downplaying it. I don't want to give up Luongo anyway... And I dont want any more former Leafs in a potential Schneider trade, PLEASE...

Hahahh happy with the crap he has between the pipes? Yeahhh right, he's just downplaying it. I don't want to give up Luongo anyway... And I dont want any more former Leafs in a potential Schneider trade, PLEASE...

Archived