The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Just kidding, I have complete and total faith, but the thing is most teams will be built, I assume, with an eye towards our fantasy scoring structure...you may have a 300 point guy all on penalty minutes in the lineup over a 250 point guy that you traded away for him...now in the Sim games, that guy will never score a goal...see how it goes? I am not surprised the best GML teams are not necessarily the best sim teams.

On another note, The Rangers improved to 8th in the conference, due in large part to special teams. Glad that is working out, even if injuries are the dickens.

I lost track of who's injured...

Tampa Roster

Moulson - Tavares - Havlat

Marleau - Grigorenko - Jurco

Brown - Fisher - Brunner

Johnson - Desjardins - Palushaj

(I think Brule/Kobasew are injured)

Carle - Hedman

Meszaros - Oduya

Stralman - Josi

(Lee injured)

Price

Budaj

Pax back to top line.. also wondering if you could update all of the injuries.. I've got no clue whos injured for me right now.

Also, went from 5 - 5 - 1 to 11 - 6 - 2 thats the way to do it boys :D

Good idea. Will post an injuries update after next trip, off to work in an hour so I won't have time right now.

winnipeg with just 2 losses..also lol ... :lol:
Just kidding, I have complete and total faith, but the thing is most teams will be built, I assume, with an eye towards our fantasy scoring structure...you may have a 300 point guy all on penalty minutes in the lineup over a 250 point guy that you traded away for him...now in the Sim games, that guy will never score a goal...see how it goes? I am not surprised the best GML teams are not necessarily the best sim teams. On another note, The Rangers improved to 8th in the conference, due in large part to special teams. Glad that is working out, even if injuries are the dickens.

I just hit the sim button guys....

Though after todays sim, I expect to slump a bit. Lapierre already injured for 3 months and in the next update coming I'll lose Brendan Morrison for 6-7 weeks, so my center depth will be tested big time.

My team is also pretty top heavy. Crosby leading the league in goals, but after that, my next highest goal scorer is Ryan Kesler with 5. If Crosby slumps or is injured... yikes.... :blink:

Crosby and Eberle have been a great combo, and that waiver wire pickup of Ohlund is working out gangbusters right now.

Results - October 29, 2012

medium.pngBoston - 2

medium.pngNew Jersey - 0

------------------------------------

medium.pngBuffalo - 3

medium.pngWinnipeg - 4

medium.pngNY Islanders - 4

medium.pngVancouver - 1

medium.pngWashington - 2

medium.pngSan Jose - 5

medium.pngColumbus - 1

medium.pngDallas - 0

medium.pngMontreal - 2

medium.pngTampa Bay - 0

medium.pngOttawa - 2

medium.pngCarolina - 3 (OT)

medium.pngDetroit - 2

medium.pngQuebec - 1

medium.pngNashville - 1

medium.pngEdmonton - 6

medium.pngColorado - 3

medium.pngAnaheim - 4 (SO)

Game of the Day - October 29, 2012

medium.pngChicago - 2

medium.pngLos Angeles - 3

Goals ---------------1st-----2nd-----3rd-------FINAL--

Chicago ------------- 1 ------ 0 ------ 1 ----------- 3 -----

Los Angeles ------- 2 ------ 1 ------ 0 ----------- 4 -----

Shots ----------------1st-----2nd-----3rd-------TOTAL--

Chicago ------------- 10 ----- 6 ------ 8 ---------- 24 -----

Los Angeles ------- 15 ---- 14 ----- 8 ---------- 37 -----

Three Stars

small.png1. Martin St. Louis

small.png2. Colin Fraser

small.png 3. Mike Richards

Scoring Summary

---------------------------------------

- 1st Period -

LA Martin St. Louis (6), Mike Richards, Michael Del Zotto 3:16

LA Michael Del Zotto (2), Ryan Johansen, Martin St. Louis 6:19 PP

CHI Tomas Kopecky (5), Colin Fraser, Michal Rozsival 14:29

- 2nd Period -

LA Mark Giordano (3), Mike Richards, Martin St. Louis 0:33

- 3rd Period -

CHI Colin Fraser (2), Chris Kunitz, Carl Gunnarsson 5:56

Injuries

medium.png - C Brendan Morrison will be injured for 6 - 7 weeks with a fractured ankle.

medium.png - D Milan Jurcina will be injured for 4 weeks with a groin injury.

medium.png - D Tyler Myers will be injured for a week or so with post concussion syndrome.

medium.png - LW Brendan Morrow will be injured for a week or so with a groin injury.

medium.png - RW Micheal Frolik will be injured for a week or so with a concussion.

Returning from Injury

medium.png - Kurtis Foster has recovered from injury and is available to play.

I just hit the sim button guys....

Though after todays sim, I expect to slump a bit. Lapierre already injured for 3 months and in the next update coming I'll lose Brendan Morrison for 6-7 weeks, so my center depth will be tested big time.

My team is also pretty top heavy. Crosby leading the league in goals, but after that, my next highest goal scorer is Ryan Kesler with 5. If Crosby slumps or is injured... yikes.... :blink:

Crosby and Eberle have been a great combo, and that waiver wire pickup of Ohlund is working out gangbusters right now.

Our team doctor is earning his pay this year, with a quarter the season gone, we are without the services of Ryan Malone, Radek Dvorak twice, Sheldon Souray and Pav Kubina, all injured currently, while other players that are back now from injury include Tomas Vanek, Mark Stuart twice, Mike Smith, and Nik Antropov.

I imagine any other team with this kind of high stakes injury bug going around wouldn't dream of being in the top 8 in the conference, but there we are, on the solid work of Mike Smith and his 4 shutouts, and Joe Thornton who is in the top five point getters in the league. Special teams seems to be working for us, and if that gets us to a healthy point, above 500, I see the potential for a postseason this year. Keep up the hard work guys, and lets get ready to face the Preds in Nashville.

Archived