The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

I'm currently getting things ready to go so that we can have everything up and running asap.  A few quick points:

- Teams will have to submit a cap compliant roster by 12:00 noon Pacific time on opening night, whenever that ends up being.  The cap ceiling for our league is $70.2 million, the cap floor will be $44 million.

- Teams can signed current UFAs to contracts as of now, provided they are necessary to ice a roster.  If they are for minors or depth purposes, please wait on them until we get everything done for the start of the season.

- Extensions on players with contracts expiring after this year are on hold until after the startup as well.

- Each team will be allowed 2 amnesty buyouts, that will not count against the cap, but cannot use these buyouts until AFTER the remainder of the 2013 season.  You cannot buy players out now, you will have to wait until after the season ends.

- Trades are allowed anytime.  Our trade deadline will coincide with the NHL's trade deadline, as always.

- In regards to our draft lottery, we will again mirror the NHL's process, and any team involved in the lottery has the oppourtunity to draft 1st overall if they win.

I'm sure there's much more but it escapes me at the moment, so if you have questions, fire away!

a blues lineup update will follow around the day

waiting for some injury reports though...goc is still out for some weeks and bergenheim seems also injured

i dont have any news about sean though

I'm also waiting on injury news... I think Kesler will miss the start of the season... not sure about others... Zach Bogosian is coming off of surgery... should be close by my estimates, but who knows... Mattias Ohlund is a big question mark as well. I don't expect him to play, but who knows...

Which brings up another point, injured reserve rules are the same as before, so if you can find a legit source listing the player as injured and your medical budget is sufficient, the player can be placed on injured reserve.

MSG NEWS DESK 2013

Jaroslav Spacek has quietly retired during the Lockout. NYR's GM Primal Optimist is sticking to his guns and refuses to release Spacek's right until the final hour, in some vain hope he will change his mind now that the lockout is resolved. A shortened season may play to Spacek's hand. Stay tuned for more.

Montreal Canadiens Projected Lineup

Rick Nash - Valtteri Filppula - Erik Cole

Alex Tanguay - Ryan O'Reilly - David Jones

Michael Frolik - Matt Cullen - Milan Hejduk

Jim Slater - Casey Cizikas - Erik Condra

Patrice Cormier - Alex Galchenyuk

Blake Geoffrion (IR)

Brent Burns - Erik Johnson

Mark Streit - Matt Greene

Ryan O'Byrne - Francis Bouillon

??????

Niklas Backstrom

Anders Lindback

The Habs are looking to pickup a second or third pairing defender and perhaps a depth forward with Blake Geoffrion expected to remain on the IR. If you're looking to talk some trades, send me a PM.

so...season starts @ 19th?

Projected Blues Lineup (some adjustments again)

Forwards

Nathan Horton - Stephen Weiss - Jarome Iginla©

Martin Erat - David Legwand(A) - Cody Hodgson

Steve Sullivan - Marcel Goc - Jason Chimera

Andreas Nodl - Andrei Loktionov - Sean Bergenheim

Teemu Hartikainen - Tomas Vincour

Defence

Jay Bouwmeester - Christian Ehrhoff(A)

Andy Green - Andrei Sekera

Nate Prosser - Alexander Sulzer

Mark Borowiecki

Goal

Jose Theodore

Ben Scrivens

*Probably Injured

Greenville Road Warriors

Forwards

Johan Larsson - Mike Sgarbossa - Kaspars Daugavins

Brandon Bollig - Carson McMillan - Cody Bass

Mike Halmo - Mitch Wahl - Brett Ritchie

Darren Archibald

Defence

Dalton Prout - Dylan Reese

Bryan Rodney - Joonas Jarvinen

Joey Laleggia - Konrad Abeltshauser

Goal

Niklas Svedberg

Allen York

Unsigned Prospects

Logan Nelson

Erik Karlsson

Mathias Niederberger

Draftpicks

2013 STL 2nd Round Pick

2013 ANA 2nd Round Pick

2013 FLA 3rd Round Pick

2014 STL 1st Round Pick*

2014 STL 2nd Round Pick

2014 STL 3rd Round Pick

*This Pick will be 100% NOT on the Market for anyone or anything...lol

For those keeping an eye on injuries like me, tsn.ca/nhl/injuries has some updated information, subject to change of course, but it's something.

Which reminds me... theminister, are you still okay with doing IR placements or did you want to take a break from that?

Archived