The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

I can certainly understand the frustration though. But honestly what are you going to do aside from moving teams to the other conference?

I guess with re-alignment happening anyway you could do that but how would you decide which teams? And doing so would hurt teams like mine in the West who would then be pushed right out of contention.

I can certainly understand the frustration though. But honestly what are you going to do aside from moving teams to the other conference?

I guess with re-alignment happening anyway you could do that but how would you decide which teams? And doing so would hurt teams like mine in the West who would then be pushed right out of contention.

Using my team as an example, I think I have done all that is humanly possibly in the past year to improve my team and become a contender. Take a look at what I started with......to dismiss our efforts as bottom feeders trying to get better just because some very good and long tenured GM's are in the East that have had powerhouse teams for years is a bit unfair I think.

I would rather see Pitts and NYI fighting with you in the playoffs than crushing us in the west. That is actually probably better parity given the teams in each conference.

And honestly the playoff races in BOTH divisions are pretty damn exciting right now if you ask me.

I've built my team up mainly through free agency/trading tbh.

Out of all the prospects I've ever drafted/signed/traded for, Desjardins was pretty much going to be an NHL-er at the time (so he doesn't really count), Riley Nash (taken like 3 years to get 6 minutes of icetime), Grigorenko (also getting just over 6 minutes of icetime), and De Haan (3 years and has played a grand total of 1 NHL game).

Take that for what it's worth, but draft/patience didn't work for me :P

Put it this way: I have 10/23 players signed, 9/23 traded for, 2/23 from original draft, 1 waiver claim, and 1 drafted player.

I have never really felt that there was a big issue between conferences, as it is a random distribution of GM's to teams, I think. There are very low ranked western teams who have made huge strides since taking on relatively new GM's there are eastern teams who have sunk with new gm's (rangers for example, haha) over time we will see this particular snapshot of the standings will be totally different when taken next year, and the year after et cetera. Today it looks odd enough to appear to have root cause, but I don't believe that is the case.

Archived