The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for fans of the CDCGML simleague edition of the 2012-13 TB Lightning, as many new faces will make their debut at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. The Lightning will be facing a tough opponent in the Florida Panthers, who was among the league's best last season.

On the opening day roster, new faces on offense will include Martin Havlat and Chuck Kobasew in the top-6 while the bottom 6 will look relatively similar to last season, with the exception of the 5th overall pick Mikhail Grigorenko, who will be centering Nick Johnson and Aaron Palushaj.

Perhaps what the Tampa Bay fans will look forward to seeing most will be the re-vamped defense. Last season's deficiency will become this season's strength, with the combination of size, speed, and skill led by free agent signees Victor Hedman and Johnny Oduya.

medium.png 2012/13 Anaheim Ducks medium.png

Dustin Penner - Tomas Plekanec - Joffrey Lupul

Patric Hornquist - Tyler Bozak - Brian Gionta [C]

Gabriel Bourque - Zack Smith - Chris Thorburn

Ben Eager - Michael Haley - Cam Janssen

Brad Winchester

Ryan McDonagh - PK Subban

Brad Stuart [A] - Zbynek Michalek [A]

Chris Phillips - Matt Taormina

Mike Komisarek - Brett Clark

Pekka Rinne

Al Montoya

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Loui Eriksson-Mika Zibanajed-Nail Yakupov

David Booth-Tom Wandell-Mark Stone

Matt Dagostini-Dominic Moore-Matthew Darche

Colton Gillies-Kyle Chipchura-Daniel Winnik

Jeremy Colliton

Kris Russell-Chris Tanev

Anton Babchuk-Jeff Schultz

Maxime Goncharov-Milan Jurcina

Josh Harding

Tomas Gress

CHARLOTTE CHECKERS

Zack boychuk-Boone Jenner-Greg nemisz

Pete straka-James wright-jakub culek

Johan harju-?-billy sweatt

Aaron Ness-mark alt

Jack Campbell

Quite a shock to lose not just a player, but two such highly acclaimed players on day one. Thomas Vanek, our top line winger, and stalwart Pav Kubina on Defense...It is no wonder we dropped the opening game against the Cup Champs with two nasty injuries like this. In one game we have over 12.5 million in talent gone to injury, and so pending review of injuries by league doctors(*don't know if the executive will overturn injuries if the injury setting is turned down at this point)...

The New York Rangers would like to place Thomas Vanek on LTIR effective emmediately

The New York Rangers would like to place Pavol Kubina on LTIR effective emmediately

Our road trip continues, and we have the talent to rebound from this early setback.

The New York Rangers have called up Carter Ashton, not waiver eligible to fill in on Offense

The New York Rangers have called up John Moore, not waiver eligible to fill in on Defense

New Roster to follow in the morning...as our front office attempts to grapple with 12.5 million in talent lost in one game.

Kyle Clifford is a role player. He did his part. He'll say hi to RNH next game.

Rivalries are a fact of life when there are 7 teams this good in the East. I've got my big boy underpants on. How about you, precious?

Double or nothing? That's a lot of bacon. Think about it.

The Dallas Stars welcome Nicklas Grossmann to the line up, looking forward to an exciting year in Dallas.

Updated lineup:

Clowe --- E. Staal --- Gaborik

Stalberg - Bouchard - Samuelsson

Eller --- Brassard --- Mueller

Gerbe -- K. Wellwood - Wingels

Boulton -- Baertschi

Zidlicky -- Grossmann

Methot -- Nikitin

Demers -- Wilson

Clitsome

Anderson

Hedberg

Pysyk assigned to Minor league Affiliate

The New York Rangers morning skate is one of optimism as the team welcomes call-ups Carter Ashton and John Moore, both just missed the opening night roster earlier this week. New York's lineup changes follow:

Malone | Thornton | Hudler

Kostitsyn | Lombardi | Antropov

Galiardi | Stajan | Moss

Ashton | Brent | Dvorak

Gonchar | Souray

Spacek | Klein

Stuart | Moore

White | Huskins

Smith

Mason

Gm Primal Optimist was his usual self this morning, optimistic while assessing his clubs 12.5 million dollar opening night injury bug: "Well these things happen, its a hard league to play in, injuries are higher than normal all across the league, and frankly the guys we brought up are NHL ready, more than ready. We have an outstanding team even with the hard loss of Thomas and Pavel. The team is built to compete, opening night was a bummer, not gonna lie, we wanted to prove something against the cup champs, but with the injuries, I am not surprised we lost. We have 7 more road games to open the season, and my boys are focused on the next game now. We have the depth to overcome this. We are practicing here in San Jose, and getting ready for the Sharks, that is all that matters right now, the guys will be available after morning practice, good day folks."

Hey guys I regretfully have to leave the league. Can't say I'm into the sim thing at all really and work has been demanding increasingly more and more of me so something(s) have to give. Wouldn't be fair to keep going possibly all season playing/not playing when someone else could take my spot.

It's been fun and I wish you all good luck and much fun.

Archived