The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

back to back games of the day. At least these sims are realistic, as Price tends to be less than stellar in shootouts. Is there an option for me to put in Budaj if such a situation arises?* :bigblush:

*The above statement is merely an observation as a hockey fan and not as the general manager of the hockey team. It is not meant to be an insult, but an observation like when a Canuck fan says the same thing about Luongo. The statement is neither endorsed nor affiliated with that of the Tampa Bay Lightning organization or any of its individual members.

back to back games of the day. At least these sims are realistic, as Price tends to be less than stellar in shootouts. Is there an option for me to put in Budaj if such a situation arises?* :bigblush:

*The above statement is merely an observation as a hockey fan and not as the general manager of the hockey team. It is not meant to be an insult, but an observation like when a Canuck fan says the same thing about Luongo. The statement is neither endorsed nor affiliated with that of the Tampa Bay Lightning organization or any of its individual members.

Minor suggestion for dates on the official games score posts....can we name them with the date the NHL schedule would have had them on? the date of the post is already stamped in every post, so its redundant that way to use todays date..and it would help us keep tracka little better of the schedule and upcoming games et cetera...if there is some reason I don't see as to why we are doing it this way...ignore me, lol.

Blues Prospect Report

We are very pleased with our young Guys untill now.

Konrad Abeltshauser is on the Top of the Defender Scoreboard of the QMJHL with 13 Points(all Assists).

Well Guys like Mckinnon and Frk are a reason but we are glad that things going

well with Konrad. He´s on the way to a personal Record if he keeps Scoring.

Goalie Mathias Niederberger is No. 2 in Wins in the OHL ...only his GAA could be better.

The Season is still long...

Logan Nelson has 11 Points so far and is in touch to the Top 20 (22.) in the WHL.

Brett Ritchie is also on the Way to a personal Best with 10 Points currently.

He´s also in touch to the Top 20 in the OHL.

Minor suggestion for dates on the official games score posts....can we name them with the date the NHL schedule would have had them on? the date of the post is already stamped in every post, so its redundant that way to use todays date..and it would help us keep tracka little better of the schedule and upcoming games et cetera...if there is some reason I don't see as to why we are doing it this way...ignore me, lol.

My job keeps me away from home 24 - 30 hours at a time. So far, since I had last week off on holidays and have been pretty lucky so far this week, things have stayed lined up well. But that won't last. :P Eventually, I'll end up posting a few days of sims in one day to catch up. The dates listed the way they are help me keep things in order.

Because its not about money. Its about MORE money. This last CBA saw the league revenues rise dramatically during a time of global fiscal catastrophy...if it grew by 50% during the worst economic times since the great depression..then as the yankees grow out of their emergency and flex again, which will happen in year 6 of an Obama administration..the signs are already there now....then imagine the growth the league will see under this new CBA. If revenues grow by doubling and tripling, rather than gaining 50%...salaries will too. Its not about the money "the day after the agreement is signed" its about the money in 2015 and forward......that money dwarfs this seasons money like the sun does the moon. Owners are greedy, players are greedy, but generally, when supply is huge and demand is low....there are only 800 NHL players in the world, but there are millions who want to be....then cory schneider was right..the players already lost.

Ignorance from the owners it is then. Go ahead, keep locking us out and see how many fans keep returning after lost season after lost season. Keep engraving 'Season not played' on the Stanley Cup every 5-7 years and see how many fans put up with that. The owners are losing here too. Players in the PA aren't the only ones more informed this time around. American fans don't care enough to save the league when it returns, and the one's that do care, have a LOT of options with other hockey leagues. Canadian fans as well, we have the WHL, the OHL, the Q, etc.

The league will not keep growing at the rate it has been. Not with this lockout. Some fans will be back. But some won't be. Some are fed up. Some have had enough of this corporate boardroom BS corrupting and perverting the game we all love. Some will be taking their dollars and spending them elsewhere. I looked up tickets to a Kamloops Blazers game last week. $20 bucks a seat for 3rd row seats at center ice. And guess what? The hockey is pretty darn good, the crowd is electric and the players play hard. It's affordable to take the entire family, and the best part? No lockouts. Ever.

Speculating on potential future growth and hoping the US pulls out of the economic downward spiral they're in is a lousy way to run a business. If they wanted to capitalize on growth, they should have pulled their heads out of their behinds and realized that a major US market just won the Stanley Cup on the west coast. A major US market on the eastern seaboard just pulled off a big trade and is one of the favourites to win the next one. Interest was piqued in your product, your two most marketable stars (Crosby and Ovechkin) were poised for bounce back seasons and literally EVERYTHING was going in their favour. That's REAL growth that could happen right now and spur even bigger returns down the road throughout the next CBA. A bigger fan base now means more potential for growth later. All they needed to do was negotiate a fair CBA without demanding the moon. Reasonable, rational people would see this.

Instead, they're stifling their big chance to really grow the game. They're cutting the legs out from under the gains they could have made in those major US markets. They're alienating, offending and straight up p****ing off the fans who pay ridiculous prices for tickets game after game to bring them this ever increasing pot of money over which to bicker. Salary cuts for players after 7 straight years of record profits?? On contracts offered by those very same owners?? Complete unwillingness to phase in a reduction in the players share of revenues, thus paving the road for a quick and fair deal? Trying to take out everything the players got in 2004s CBA negotiations in return for the salary cap and the 24% rollback? The owners are 100% at fault here. These aren't the negotiations of a side looking for a fair deal. Can any objective person look at the numbers, look at the NHLs negotiating stance so far and come to any other conclusion?

I don't feel the players are being greedy at all. They want their contracts honored like any other legal contract should be. They're willing to give back more and take less of the revenue pie. They just want those current contracts honored. And they should be.

I hate this lockout crap as much as anybody and want to see them back on the ice. But I hope the players don't cave this time. There is no reason for them to shoulder the entire burden for managements mistakes. This entire lockout is on the owners. It's their negotiating method of choice. Demand the world, and then lock the players out for as long as it takes to get our way. It's pure garbage.

The players have already lost. But so have the owners. So have the fans. And so have the workers who depend on the income to support themselves and their families. But all of that is on the owners, not the players. The players have shown a willingness to be creative, innovative and work with the NHL to find solutions to the key problems. Just stop trying to claw money back from the contracts the owners themselves offered, and stop going after everything the players got in the last agreement in return for the massive concessions the players took last time.

Seems to me one side is trying to make a legitimate deal, the other wants everything their way or else. It baffles me that some people blame the players for this one.

Ignorance from the owners it is then. Go ahead, keep locking us out and see how many fans keep returning after lost season after lost season. Keep engraving 'Season not played' on the Stanley Cup every 5-7 years and see how many fans put up with that. The owners are losing here too. Players in the PA aren't the only ones more informed this time around. American fans don't care enough to save the league when it returns, and the one's that do care, have a LOT of options with other hockey leagues. Canadian fans as well, we have the WHL, the OHL, the Q, etc.

The league will not keep growing at the rate it has been. Not with this lockout. Some fans will be back. But some won't be. Some are fed up. Some have had enough of this corporate boardroom BS corrupting and perverting the game we all love. Some will be taking their dollars and spending them elsewhere. I looked up tickets to a Kamloops Blazers game last week. $20 bucks a seat for 3rd row seats at center ice. And guess what? The hockey is pretty darn good, the crowd is electric and the players play hard. It's affordable to take the entire family, and the best part? No lockouts. Ever.

Speculating on potential future growth and hoping the US pulls out of the economic downward spiral they're in is a lousy way to run a business. If they wanted to capitalize on growth, they should have pulled their heads out of their behinds and realized that a major US market just won the Stanley Cup on the west coast. A major US market on the eastern seaboard just pulled off a big trade and is one of the favourites to win the next one. Interest was piqued in your product, your two most marketable stars (Crosby and Ovechkin) were poised for bounce back seasons and literally EVERYTHING was going in their favour. That's REAL growth that could happen right now and spur even bigger returns down the road throughout the next CBA. A bigger fan base now means more potential for growth later. All they needed to do was negotiate a fair CBA without demanding the moon. Reasonable, rational people would see this.

Instead, they're stifling their big chance to really grow the game. They're cutting the legs out from under the gains they could have made in those major US markets. They're alienating, offending and straight up p****ing off the fans who pay ridiculous prices for tickets game after game to bring them this ever increasing pot of money over which to bicker. Salary cuts for players after 7 straight years of record profits?? On contracts offered by those very same owners?? Complete unwillingness to phase in a reduction in the players share of revenues, thus paving the road for a quick and fair deal? Trying to take out everything the players got in 2004s CBA negotiations in return for the salary cap and the 24% rollback? The owners are 100% at fault here. These aren't the negotiations of a side looking for a fair deal. Can any objective person look at the numbers, look at the NHLs negotiating stance so far and come to any other conclusion?

I don't feel the players are being greedy at all. They want their contracts honored like any other legal contract should be. They're willing to give back more and take less of the revenue pie. They just want those current contracts honored. And they should be.

I hate this lockout crap as much as anybody and want to see them back on the ice. But I hope the players don't cave this time. There is no reason for them to shoulder the entire burden for managements mistakes. This entire lockout is on the owners. It's their negotiating method of choice. Demand the world, and then lock the players out for as long as it takes to get our way. It's pure garbage.

The players have already lost. But so have the owners. So have the fans. And so have the workers who depend on the income to support themselves and their families. But all of that is on the owners, not the players. The players have shown a willingness to be creative, innovative and work with the NHL to find solutions to the key problems. Just stop trying to claw money back from the contracts the owners themselves offered, and stop going after everything the players got in the last agreement in return for the massive concessions the players took last time.

Seems to me one side is trying to make a legitimate deal, the other wants everything their way or else. It baffles me that some people blame the players for this one.

I will only add two more points to ponder ( for now )

1) The claim is being made that several of the ownership groups have supported the lockout from the get go because they actually lose money early in the season as their stands are practically empty. If so, remind me again why the NHL decided to have an 82 game schedule over the more familiar at the time 80? Was it not to generate more revenue?

2) If the NHLPA's last public position was 54% and the NHL's was 47%, and they both know that they must come in toward the middle somehow to get a deal done, then instead of them arguing over 8% of HRR as it seems, they are arguing over much less than that. In all probability it is the last 2-3% that is the real sticking point. That's right, we are losing this season over 3%.

You make a lot of valid points, c2x. Unfortunately, none of them matter.

The owners have instructed Bettman to do this, and it is their league to run (into the ground) however they wish. The players, the owners and the fans all lose here, but the players will be the ones who will lose the most, especially if they don't snap out of it and take whatever deal is currently being presented to them. Trust me, the offers that the players have received are as good as they are going to get, and will get progressively worse from this point on.

I'm not saying I agree with the owners, as I don't. And I do think that the players should have their contracts paid out in full. But they won't. A rollback is coming, and the players had better realize it and sign up for the 47% of HRR before the offer drops to 40% or lower and the owners take guaranteed contracts off of the table...

The way I see it, the only way this ends is when Fehr takes a deal, or the players decertify the union. Neither of these will happen any time soon. And so we wait...

And this is coming from a Winnipeg Jets season-ticket holder who is missing today's home-opener which should be in the 3rd period right now... :sadno:

You make a lot of valid points, c2x. Unfortunately, none of them matter.

The owners have instructed Bettman to do this, and it is their league to run (into the ground) however they wish. The players, the owners and the fans all lose here, but the players will be the ones who will lose the most, especially if they don't snap out of it and take whatever deal is currently being presented to them. Trust me, the offers that the players have received are as good as they are going to get, and will get progressively worse from this point on.

I'm not saying I agree with the owners, as I don't. And I do think that the players should have their contracts paid out in full. But they won't. A rollback is coming, and the players had better realize it and sign up for the 47% of HRR before the offer drops to 40% or lower and the owners take guaranteed contracts off of the table...

The way I see it, the only way this ends is when Fehr takes a deal, or the players decertify the union. Neither of these will happen any time soon.

I agree with everything C2X said, its unfortunate the league side does not. The League wants to reign in those overspending owners just as much as the collective ownership does, and they are taking the route that it has to be corrected in the CBA...i wouldn't be surprised if long term contracts end up banned as well or that there are stiffer cap circumvention rules...in the end, I don't want my analysis to be confused with who or what I agree with personally...but the way i see it, the owners have the strong suite in spades right now...all the players can do is drag it out which costs them up to 100% of a full seasons pay...most players get 5 seasons on average in the NHL if they are lucky...20% lifetime earnings shot to hell on the principle of not 'caving in' and agreeing to a smaller clawback earlier makes no sense. Granted, the owners are effed in the collective head and Bettman should be fired, but it is what it is and players collectively need to wise up and sign a deal to save total lifetime earning potential on an individual basis. I care not for what future players will make per year, they will earn at a miniumum enough to never have to work again after two seasons....so these current players ought to weigh their real dollar potentials and realize what they are losing if the season is a wipe. Its not pretty, but its reality.

Which is why we wait and the disinterested and indifferent once NHL fans grow in numbers.

I do not agree with the owner's approach to this ( lock out ), obviously could be handled better. I do not feel the players are greedy for wanting the contracts they have signed either. I also am not a fan of unions for the most part so it could be swaying how I view this just a little.

Archived