Adam Larsson - Ian White

Justin Faulk - Cam Fowler

Jamie McBain - Cody Franson

Matt Gilroy

Jimmy Howard

Scott Clemmensen

Also what is Gilroys rating?

20463_logo.jpg

“Finding the Broad Street Bullies” is a series following the Philadelphia Flyers as they try to go from crappy basement team to not so crappy basement team to mediocre bubble team. I can see it now, this is going to be TONS of fun. The idea was originally pitched to me by GM Strombone1 over beers last night. I assumed it was just drunken suggestion like “Let’s open a bar together” or “We should totally pick up some chubbies tonight” but I quickly realized this morning when GM Strombone1 had written the idea with blood on my washroom mirror that he was serious. You don’t say no to a guy who does that, you just don’t. I’m still wondering where he got the blood.

October 14, 2012

9:15 AM

Training day was scheduled to start 15 minutes ago but I don’t see any players on the ice or in the locker room. This is probably why they are among the worst teams in the league.

11:45 AM

The first Flyers player on ice is Nick Schultz, 2 hours and 45 minutes late. I asked Schultz why the delay, a jittery Schultz informed me that GM Strombone1 has mandated that all players drink a flat of Red Bull before heading onto the ice.

12:10 PM

The entire Flyers roster is now on the ice and each player is vibrating so quickly they are melting the ice beneath their skates. #WOW

2:00 PM

The on-ice session has ended, the team is now being asked to continue with some off-ice workouts that involved drinking more Red Bull. I caught up with Travis Hamonic and asked him what he thought of this new training method.

“Well … uh … it’s different … uh … never gone through a training session like this … uh … but I have tons of energy … uh … and for a guy like me, in my role … uh … energy is a big thing.”

4:00 PM

The day is winding to an end, about a quarter of the players are taking naps on the ice in their gear and another quarter are sleeping in the hallways. I’m floored by what I’ve seen today. I really don’t know how to explain any of the things I saw today or if any of it has any impact on how these hockey players develop. I did see a lot of players come to the rink in flip flops and shorts, so that’s nice.

Be sure to check back for more updates on the Philadelphia Flyers.

The League requesting that all NHL contracts count against the cap, including those in the AHL, is to try and make two-way clauses standard. It's a side ways attack at guaranteed contracts.

"Sure I'll give you a 5 year $30 mil deal with a full NTC but it has to include a two-way for $500k. You don't play well, you don't get paid."

Game of the Day - October 16, 2012

medium.pngCarolina - 4

medium.pngColumbus - 1

Goals -----------1st-----2nd----3rd----FINAL--

Carolina --------- 4 ----- 0 ------ 0 ------- 1 -----

Columbus ------ 0 ----- 0 ------ 1 ------- 3 -----

Shots ------------1st-----2nd-----3rd----TOTAL-

Carolina ---------- 9 ---- 10 ----- 13 ---- 32 ----

Columbus ------- 9 ----- 6 ------ 14 ---- 29 ----

Three Stars

small.png1. Josh Harding

small.png2. Jonas Gustavsson

small.png 3. Matt D'Agostini

Scoring Summary

---------------------------------------

- 1st Period -

CAR Loui Eriksson (1), Chris Tanev, Matt D'Agostini 5:16

CAR David Booth (1), Dominic Moore, Kris Russell 14:02

CAR Greg Nemisz (1), Tom Wandell 17:37

CAR Matt D'Agostini (1), Dominic Moore 18:49

- 2nd Period -

No Scoring

- 3rd Period -

CBJ Tomas Tatar (1), Anthony Stewart, Torrey Mitchell 0:33

Injuries

medium.png - D Alex Pietrangelo will be injured for a week or so with a wrist injury.

medium.png - D Dmitri Orlov will be injured for 8 weeks with a concussion.

medium.png - RW Radek Dvorak will be injured for 4 - 5 weeks with an MCL sprain.

Returning from Injury

medium.png - D Yannick Weber has recovered and is available to play.

medium.png - D Jan Hejda has recovered and is available to play.

medium.png - LW Steve Sullivan has recovered and is available to play.

medium.png - D Matt Carle has recovered and is available to play.

Archived