The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Well said, and i think the league knows there has been a lot of damage done..that is why they are insisting on a longer term this time round. Ten Years is what I think they are pushing. I more and more frustrated every day..watched some Sledge Hockey last night, lots of Veterans on both Team Canada and Team USA...PVR'd it so I can watch the rest this morning...I wish that the teams would give these amputees even 100,000 dollar contracts to hit the ice in a Toronto VS Vancouver charity home and home series. Western Vets vs Eastern Vets...they would more than earn back their salaries and at the same time maybe give the players a little insight into the game we all love and why we play it.

Well said, and i think the league knows there has been a lot of damage done..that is why they are insisting on a longer term this time round. Ten Years is what I think they are pushing. I more and more frustrated every day..watched some Sledge Hockey last night, lots of Veterans on both Team Canada and Team USA...PVR'd it so I can watch the rest this morning...I wish that the teams would give these amputees even 100,000 dollar contracts to hit the ice in a Toronto VS Vancouver charity home and home series. Western Vets vs Eastern Vets...they would more than earn back their salaries and at the same time maybe give the players a little insight into the game we all love and why we play it.

Blues Comeback of the Week

G Allen York

Allen returned to action last Week after a Groin Injury that kept him from the Ice for around 7 Month.

Last Week he had his first Game in the ECHL for the Evansville IceMen and it was a brutal one.

He got 5 Goals in 40 Minutes and the Coach took him off the Ice.

A GAA of 7,50 and a horrible SV% was the Result of this first Game.

Now, 1 Week later it seems he´s back to his old Form or just better?

In the past 4 Games he kept his Team 7 Points (3 Wins , 1 SO Loss) and he dropped

his GAA to 2,79 and rised his SV% to 0,919 which is currently a new Pesonal Best statistic

for Allen. His Team had 13 Points 20 Games before Allen joined the Team and now 9 Points (Total 22 Poinst) in 6 Games since he´s back.

They are back in the pace for a Playoff Spot if the Team and Allen keeps this strong Perfomance and may Allen will see some AHL Icetime soon. Anyways the ECHL is a good Chance to get as much Icetime as possible for him...like our former Goalie Prospect Grubauer does. We´re hopefully....

york940-8col.jpg

Crunch time around here.... 3 more days....

Will be getting more updates posted asap, hopefully at least a few days worth tonight.

Also, since it appears the NHL and NHLPA are still stuck in grade 1, we'll be looking for more ways to bring you guys some good content. I'll be keeping up with the sim more, and we're open to other things as well. Short term tournaments, best on best series, etc. Fire out some suggestions and we'll get back to having fun with hockey rather than ranting about lawyers and board room nonsense.

I would like to suggest a wjc mini game: something simple, like 2 forwards, one dman or two dmen one goalie teams since there are 30 of us...and we pick from the available WJC rosters....do points by our normal standards and see who wins! Just an idea..could be tweaked here and there: OR even better: 3 forwards, 2 dmen and a goalie, and only the goalies can be shared by aall. SO 12 teams can pick team canada goalie....or none...or one...but only one team per skater. *there just isnt enough goalies to go around...so that is why we would share goalies or have the bonus of two forwards instead of a goalie. THoughts?

We will have a WJC pool in some form, just not sure what that form will be. As there are a limited number of teams, it's doubtful our usual approach would work. We could allow for player overlap (the same player being selected by multiple teams), or have 'management teams', where interested CDCGML members who want to participate work as a team in building a roster.

Not sure if tying it in to our CDCGML rosters is a good idea though. Interesting idea, but it could lead to more problems than solutions. We should go for a fresh start to break up the monotony a bit.

Of course all is up for discussion so that we can put together the pool that you guys want, so if you want them tied into CDCGML rosters, or player overlap, or no player overlap, or whatever, let me know and the majority will rule!

First things first though, with the lockout I know a lot of GMs are absentees at the moment. No big deal, I don't blame them really. But I don't want to base a WJC pool, or any other side feature we do in the interim on 30 GMs if only 10 - 15 are going to be around. So who would be participating in these sorts of things? Let me know if you're interested so we know how many guys to plan for. Thanks! :)

hrm yeah....as i recall we all own the rights to the top 4 goaltenders already: those four teams would have a huge advantage...and I am speaking as a guy who owns one.

So i retract the idea of keeping the players you already own...fresh start would be fun and a micro game: over by the second week of january....aka the drop dead dead on this nhl season.

Ranger's Draftees to meet at WJC, 5 of them!!

Team USA invitee Patrick Sieloff will join three NYR drafted Finn's if they survive training camp as Ville Pokka, Joonas Korpisalo and Mikko Vainonen get set to represent team Finnland at what maybe their best national showing at the world juniors since 2001's silver medal for the Blue and Gold.

New York Rangers are proud to acknowledge that while Scott Kosmachuk is not currently expected to rep Canada at the prestigious U20 world tournament, he was named OHL Player of the week recently with the Guelph Storm.

Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Guelph Storm forward Scott Kosmachuk is the OHL Player of the Week for the week ending November 25 after leading the league with six goals in three games while adding two assists for eight points with an OHL-high plus-minus rating of plus-6.

Archived