The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Here is my selections for the WJC...gonna be fun fun fun to watch some hockey!

- Jonathan Huberdeau (*Nail Yakupov as second pick if we are in fact picking two from this block)

- Mikhail Grigorenko

- Aleksander Barkov

- Sebastien Collberg

- Nikita Kucherov

- Markus Granlund

- Rickard Rackell

- Seth Jones

- Ryan Murphy

- Xavier Oullet

Tie-Breaker: predict the Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winning teams.Canada, Finnland, Russia.

2nd Tie-Breaker: 6-4 EDIT: i screwed up the second tie breaker, i guess the total is ten if i think it will be 6-4

sweet, a quick peek tells me no one else picked this combination yet! awesome sauce! I am after all the defending champ of a WJC league last year with a fair number of you guys...gotta keep my street cred up.

Before the first game is played we will need to find a nice way to display the WJC pool...i don't mind taking that on but i can't promise it will be awesome...it will just be legible and on Canucks.Com forums..either in this thread as a photo or in a brand new thread...will wait and see what the boss here says first.

Oh speaking of which: can we get a definitive statement on the first block: seems lots of people want two picks there...i don't mind either way, but if we go two picks then a few guys will have to make that pick in the next little while.

When I wake up tomorrow, (*i don't celebrate xmas cuz i am a grinch) I will put all the teams choices in a spreadsheet and link it in here. That way we will have one 'at a glance' listing...from there i think i can update them pretty easy after each game. Sound cool? OR if someone else is already doing this for us, let me know before i get started so I can not do any work. haha. Enjoy the holiday folks.

crap sorry guys, was totally in the middle of putting together boxes and got distracted.

Here we go:

Select 2 of the following:

- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

- Nail Yakupov

- Jonathan Huberdeau

- Mark Scheifele

Select 1 of the following:

- Ryan Strome

- Mikhail Grigorenko

- Alex Galchenyuk

- Filip Forsberg

- Aleksander Barkov

- Nathan MacKinnon

- Teovu Teravainen

- William Karlsson

- Joel Armia

- Sebastien Collberg

- John Gaudreau

- Brett Ritchie

- Elias Lindholm

- Tomas Hertl

- Nikita Kucherov

- Jonathan Drouin

- JT Miller

- Alexander Khokhlachev

- Markus Granlund

- Martin Frk

- Boone Jenner

- Rickard Rackell

- Dmitri Jaskin

- Rocco Grimaldi

- Dougie Hamilton

- Morgan Rielly

- Seth Jones

- Olli Maatta

- Ryan Murphy

- Hampus Lindholm

- Nikita Nesterov

- Mikael Wikstrand

- Griffin Reinhart

- Xavier Oullet

- Rasmus Ristolainen

- Jacob Trouba

Tie-Breaker: predict the Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winning teams.

2nd Tie-Breaker: predict how many total goals scored (non-shootout, add 1 for the shootout "winner") in the Gold Medal game.

Thoughts?

Well, I need someone, anyone, to click this link and tell me if you can see the page....not sure how to put it up here other than a screen cap saved as a jpg and uploaded...so I will do that too, but here is the link to our teams so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am6MYpMRLMTvdFZPU0s0MkRPZENjYWdxYm96UWxnZGc

Note: everyone so far has picked TWO from box 1...so all you late pickers pick TWO from the first box...

Screen cap to follow:

Untitled_zps9b9ef200.jpg

So there we go, the picture worked...i will simply record the points in the google doc and we will see who is winning as we go along...unless there are any better options? Happy Holidays guys, and for those who have not submitted a team yet, get cracking!

Well, I need someone, anyone, to click this link and tell me if you can see the page....not sure how to put it up here other than a screen cap saved as a jpg and uploaded...so I will do that too, but here is the link to our teams so far:

https://docs.google....96UWxnZGc#gid=0

Note: everyone so far has picked TWO from box 1...so all you late pickers pick TWO from the first box...

Screen cap to follow:

Untitled_zps9b9ef200.jpg

So there we go, the picture worked...i will simply record the points in the google doc and we will see who is winning as we go along...unless there are any better options? Happy Holidays guys, and for those who have not submitted a team yet, get cracking!

Ah, don't bother sending requests..i will simply post the updated jpg every chance i get, we can keep it right here in the thread.

I hope some other GM's give it a shot, fun and easy: just pick one player for each box provided by CoN and two for the first box and voila: your in. I will add you to the chart and track your team.

Ah, don't bother sending requests..i will simply post the updated jpg every chance i get, we can keep it right here in the thread.

I hope some other GM's give it a shot, fun and easy: just pick one player for each box provided by CoN and two for the first box and voila: your in. I will add you to the chart and track your team.

Ah your right TGC, that was extremely easy to do: anyone with the link can view it now...here it is again:

https://docs.google....YWdxYm96UWxnZGc

Edit, I got you on the list Curt, and looking for others before the game this coming overnight period of time.

Also of interest, i made a 'most selected' team to compare ours to, and the collective choice says

Canada will beat Russia and score at least 4 goals doing so in the gold medal game.

Also Finnland will knock out Sweden and win Bronze while the USA beats the Czech Republic for 5th place.

We collectively selected 5 Canadians, 4 Finns, 2 Swedes and a Russian to the roster. Odd that we either hate americans or have no faith in americans so much so that it appears in our collective roster as a zero. haha

crap sorry guys, was totally in the middle of putting together boxes and got distracted.

Here we go:

Select 2 of the following:

- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

- Nail Yakupov

- Jonathan Huberdeau

- Mark Scheifele

- Ryan Strome

- Mikhail Grigorenko

- Alex Galchenyuk

- Filip Forsberg

- Aleksander Barkov

- Nathan MacKinnon

- Teovu Teravainen

- William Karlsson

- Joel Armia

- Sebastien Collberg

- John Gaudreau

- Brett Ritchie

- Elias Lindholm

- Tomas Hertl

- Nikita Kucherov

- Jonathan Drouin

- JT Miller

- Alexander Khokhlachev

- Markus Granlund

- Martin Frk

- Boone Jenner

- Rickard Rackell

- Dmitri Jaskin

- Rocco Grimaldi

- Dougie Hamilton

- Morgan Rielly

- Seth Jones

- Olli Maatta

- Ryan Murphy

- Hampus Lindholm

- Nikita Nesterov

- Mikael Wikstrand

- Griffin Reinhart

- Xavier Oullet

- Rasmus Ristolainen

- Jacob Trouba

Tie-Breaker: predict the Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winning teams.

2nd Tie-Breaker: predict how many total goals scored (non-shootout, add 1 for the shootout "winner") in the Gold Medal game.

Thoughts?

Archived