The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Congratulations the to the The Phaneuf Train ,Cal and Garys Phlegms , and Arby 18.

Am stoked with finishing equal second on points before the tie breaker :)

This was my first real fantasy hockey experience , and it certainly adds an extra element of engagement when watching the games .

whew...

Early reports of:

Length: ten year deal with 8 year opt out so its through 21-22 with

Players share of HRR: 50% all ten years

300million to compensate for reduced player contracts

FOR OUR LEAGUE's info:

2012-13 cap range 44m-60m but teams may spend up to 70.2m (prorated of course)

2013-14 cap range is 44m-64.3m

Contract length: max 7 year free agents, 8 years if its a resigning of your own free agent

Salary Variablility: Max 35% variation year to year, but lowest year must be at least 50% of highest year.(((best example: 8 year deal with highest year 10m, lowest year must be 5m but year over year drop can only be 3.5m...)))

I am just taking this strait from TSN, trying to be succinct.

more as i hear it.

EDIT: revenue sharing among teams is now 200m up from i think it was 150

Wow, this is really happening...

Agent Green has reported to his office this morning, breifcase in hand, and coffee on the table. He is reportedly sitting at his empty desk, staring at the silent phone.

Any and all of your player negotiations and needs can be met... contact me when you`ve got business in mind.

whew...

Early reports of:

Length: ten year deal with 8 year opt out so its through 21-22 with

Players share of HRR: 50% all ten years

300million to compensate for reduced player contracts

FOR OUR LEAGUE's info:

2012-13 cap range 44m-60m but teams may spend up to 70.2m (prorated of course)

2013-14 cap range is 44m-64.3m

Contract length: max 7 year free agents, 8 years if its a resigning of your own free agent

Salary Variablility: Max 35% variation year to year, but lowest year must be at least 50% of highest year.(((best example: 8 year deal with highest year 10m, lowest year must be 5m but year over year drop can only be 3.5m...)))

I am just taking this strait from TSN, trying to be succinct.

more as i hear it.

EDIT: revenue sharing among teams is now 200m up from i think it was 150

This from CBC:

The NHL and NHL Players' Association reached a tentative deal on a new collective bargaining agreement around 4:45 a.m. ET Sunday. While the deal still needs to be ratified by the players and the league, here are some of the main highlights, based on information from sources:
  • The CBA will run for 10 years through 2021-22, with an option to terminate the deal after eight years.

• Players receive defined benefit pension plan.

• Owners and players split revenue 50-50 each season, with the players receiving $300 million US in deferred "make-whole payments" to ease the transition from previous system.

• A pro-rated salary cap of $70.2-million for the shortened 2012-13 season followed by a salary cap of $64.3-million in 2013-14. The salary floor will be set at $44 million for both years.

• Seven-year limit on free-agent contracts (eight-year limit when a team signs its own player to an extension).

• A maximum salary variance of 35 per cent from year to year, with no more than a 50 per cent total difference between any two seasons in the contract.

• The minimum salary starts at $525,000 this season and reaches $750,000 for the 10th and final year of the agreement.

• Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration who is awarded at least $3.5 million.

• Each team will be given the option of two "amnesty buyouts" that can be used to terminate contracts prior to the 2013-14 season or 2014-15 season. The buyouts will cost two-thirds of the remaining amount on a deal — paid evenly over twice its remaining length — and will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the individual team's salary cap.

• Revenue sharing between teams increased to $200 million annually.

• Any player on a one-way contract who plays in the American Hockey League with a salary in excess of the NHL's minimum salary plus $375,000 will have the excess amount charged against his team's salary cap.

• Unrestricted free agency continues to open on July 1.

• The participation of NHLers in future Olympics has yet to be determined. The decision will be made outside of the CBA.

Wow, this is really happening...

Agent Green has reported to his office this morning, breifcase in hand, and coffee on the table. He is reportedly sitting at his empty desk, staring at the silent phone.

Any and all of your player negotiations and needs can be met... contact me when you`ve got business in mind.

Lets hold off on extension talks until the Executive board can have a discussion.

Archived