The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

So when I'm talking with you guys on the boards, Jill often asks 'who you talking to'? So of course, I tell her.... one day I was discussing something with NJ on MSN, and she asked who I was talking to. I told her Mike Vanderhoek. She didn't want to try to pronounce that, and Connor was watching Monsters Inc. So from then on and to this day, she refers to him as Mike Wazowski!

Mike-Wazowski2.jpg

So when I'm talking with you guys on the boards, Jill often asks 'who you talking to'? So of course, I tell her.... one day I was discussing something with NJ on MSN, and she asked who I was talking to. I told her Mike Vanderhoek. She didn't want to try to pronounce that, and Connor was watching Monsters Inc. So from then on and to this day, she refers to him as Mike Wazowski!

Mike-Wazowski2.jpg

wife is away on business, she called mid 2nd round, told her i was a bit busy...she demanded to know the trollops name and why i was inclined to brush off my own wife for this jezzabell until i confided..."look, you won't understand it, cz you hate hockey, but its our draft day in the fantasy league, and well, I have four picks coming up really fast and need to concentrate so i don't screw em up...."

apparently it worked, she appoligized and said she knows i would never cheat on her or try to cheat on her, cuz well, what other woman would put up with hockey hockey hockey hockey going into the longest day of the year.......

One of the things I like about this league is that people are not mindless in their thoughts and actions. I had a totally different twist to the top ten draftees, but had all ten taken first. We do think alike, i think, and that makes this even more fun to hang out in. For full disclosure, my 55th overall went undrafted, as did 61 through 65 and 68, 70, 71 and 72. But that makes this so close ..really for 30 people to come together and select the same top 90 as me, excepting a total of nine dudes, that is amazing. I think we have more hockey sense than we let on, collectively...and I would like to think that our NHL team, with a board of directors 30 strong would compete every year.

Archived