The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

MSG NEWS 2013

Seen during a media scrum through glass office walls, a 'sneak peak' at the projected Rangers depth chart, could this be an almost complete opening night roster? Primal Optimist would not discuss it, but it is safe to assume, with so little time to go, that the final lines and pairings will look very similar to this:

The New York Rangers

FORWARDS

Thomas Vanek - Joe Thornton - Ryan Malone

TJ Galiardi - Nik Antropov - Jiri Hudler

Matt Lombardi- Matt Stajan - David Moss

Darroll Powe - Tim Brent - Brad Staubitz

___________ - Eric Belanger - ________

Defensemen

Sergei Gonchar - Kevin Klein

Sheldon Souray - Mark Stuart

John Moore - Kent Huskins

Colin White - Ty Wishart

Goaltenders

Mike Smith

Steve Mason

Keeping in mind that there is substantial changes possible with such an old lineup; Radek Dvorak, Pavol Kubina may of course follow Jaroslav Spacek into retirement and Andrei Kostitsyn may not come back from Europe at all. There is a lot left to settle into place over the next 12 days, and that is what the GM pressed as his point during the scrum. "The Rangers are set to ice a great team, and if things settle our way, regarding some veterans who are thinking about what their future should be, then we could be icing an allstar team. I am content either way, as we have some great young future stars on the Whale, and in fact I can tell you now that Eric Belanger, Darroll Powe, Brad Staubitz, Carter Ashton, along with Dmen John Moore, Ty Wishart and Jake Muzzin will be scratched from the Connecticut Whale lineup for the first three games of the road trip they start this weekend. I hate to do that to the coach down there, stripping his best 7 players, but we talked and view this as a good opportunity for the Whale to try out some guys who would have made that team if the CDCGML Lockout never happened."

Looking at the Sharks, they be strugglin' to start the year with 3 of their top 7 D being injured (Burns, Demers, and Braun). Opportunity is there for Tennyson, Acolatse, or Doherty.

In Tampa injury news, apparently John Tavares was bitten in Switzerland... Andrej Meszaros is recovering nicely from offseason Achilles injury and could actually be ready to start the season!

Looking at the Sharks, they be strugglin' to start the year with 3 of their top 7 D being injured (Burns, Demers, and Braun). Opportunity is there for Tennyson, Acolatse, or Doherty.

In Tampa injury news, apparently John Tavares was bitten in Switzerland... Andrej Meszaros is recovering nicely from offseason Achilles injury and could actually be ready to start the season!

Rumor

Rumor has it that star forward James van Riemsdyk could be available for the right deal, having an abundance of forwards the team is looking at prospects, picks as well as role players likely to be in the playoffs.

I'm also waiting on injury news... I think Kesler will miss the start of the season... not sure about others... Zach Bogosian is coming off of surgery... should be close by my estimates, but who knows... Mattias Ohlund is a big question mark as well. I don't expect him to play, but who knows...

Which brings up another point, injured reserve rules are the same as before, so if you can find a legit source listing the player as injured and your medical budget is sufficient, the player can be placed on injured reserve.

Further to this, I would be happy to take on the LTIR confirmation role again if that is deemed useful to you.

I propose all rules be the same as in prior years, allowing for suggestions for changes in the approved sources list. Previously we had accepted the following sites:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuires

http://www.sportsnet...y/nhl/injuries/

http://espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

http://www.rotoworld...juries/nhl/all/

Please be reminded that a player cannot be placed on Injured Reserve unless you have the correct Medical allocation in your budget. It is the GMs responsibility to monitor the status of their players' conditions.

LTIR requests, and roster replacements, will be backdated to the date of your request regardless of when the confirmation post is made. To ensure that your desired roster changes are approved for game time please submit them at least a full 3 hours prior to puck drop. I will be accepting LTIR requests as of January 12th, 2012.

To keep my inbox from being flooded with requests I would like to keep one PM for every team for the entire season, with all subsequent requests added to the discussion.

Please use this format for LTIR PMs.

Message Subject:

LTIR - New York Islanders

Text:

The New York Islanders would like to place Wayne Gretzky on the LTIR.

www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

Sounds good, thanks man!

Oops... didn't see the start date of the 12th on there first time around. :lol: You'll have a PM from me, don't open it until the 12th. :P

7.1 – Front Office Budgets

Every team is able to set their clubs front office spending. Each team has $35 million dollars to spread around over four different areas, and each department comes with benefits at certain investment thresholds. These budgets can only be set once per season. Once they've been set, they cannot be changed until after the playoffs have ended. The benefits are outlined in the sections below.

7.2 – Legal

- @ $6 million, players may sign for $250,000 less than players desired contract.

- @ $10 million, players less insistant about including NTC/NMCs.

- @ $14 million, players may sign for up to $1 million less than players desired contract.

7.2 – Medical/Training Facilities

- @ $8 million, 'out indefinitely' can be placed on IR.

- @ $10 million, 'expected to miss...' can be placed on IR.

- @ $15 million, 'day to day' can be placed on IR.

7.3 – Player Relations

- @ $6 million, players more willing to re-sign with your club.

- @ $8 million, players more likely to waive NTC/NMC to join your club.

- @ $10 million, players more likely to waive NTC/NMC to be traded if asked.

- @ $12 million, facility upgrades make your club more attractive to free agents.

7.4 – Player Development

This is the dollar amount budgeted for your Minor League System, the amount your club has to spend on players not on your active roster

Archived