Guillaume Latendresse - Alex Burmistrov - Colin Wilson

Matt Martin - Greg Campbell - Chris Neil

Also in the mix: Brandon Saad, Jordan Nolan, Jim O'Brien, Eric Tangradi

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Erik Karlsson

Jason Garrison - Justin Schultz

Adam McQuaid - Stu Bickel / Mike Lundin / David Rundblad

Corey Crawford

Matt Hackett / Joey MacDonald

I don't actually use MSN much anymore, I'll set up a new email/msn tonight that I can be contacted on by email even if I'm not on MSN :) I'll let you know tonight :D

And yeah, finished over a year ago. Had some stuff to sort out, still looking for a job now, terrible job market though so bleh :P

Back excited for hockey again as well :)

So, curiosity about this years cap: we are using 70.2m but obviously it is prorated down to 48 games, yes?

Therefore

48/82's of 70.2 is the cap, and ......or 41.092682million

48/82's of each contract is the hit per player. a ten million dollar contract is now a cap hit for 48 game season of $5,853,659 dollars

Or is this already figured out? Basically I am looking at 575k of space, say...and a 600k player..so i need to be able to figure out what day i can call up that player to fit him in the lineup...using the prorated rates it would be less days than the full season rates...so looking for a simple answer..

*hope this makes at least a bit of sense?

So, by my count, having Brunners back puts us in 5 different countries.

Canada

Germany (TGC)

England (Brunners)

Scotland (Ovechkinator)

Australia (Ratiocinator)

And Canada is represented by at least 3 provinces; BC, Saskatchewan (Romo), Manitoba (da.moose and arby).

Did I miss anyone?

oh and using that rough concept of the players having lost 40% of the seasons wages...

a guy on a 5 year 3m contract or 15m total lost 1.2m just fighting the league on the CBA. if his 3m was his share of 57% of HRR then 50% of HRR for him would be 2.631mill, a loss of 370k a year times five years or 1.85million of his 15m total contract.

SO the argument i was trying to make earlier during the lockout was that the players are hurting themselves worse by not signing than settling earlier. I guess its half and half really...the 1.85m if the player stays in the league the full CBA is a technical loss of income of 3.7m total..but that player has now ALSO lost 1.2m in real money this year by not settling the CBA earlier. I am glad they held out to get 50/50 but I think every day from then on was a waste.

A 3million dollar player over the life of the CBA has given up 3.7m, assuming that player is in the NHL for the full ten years, so i can not justify losing 1.2m this year by taking the negotiations into january. All math is rough, but you get the idea. Also note that 1.2m invested for a decade could be worth 2.4m by the end of that decade...Fehr really hurt the NHLPA here. Again, just my looose opinion and its not worth much. I am glad they are back.

http://www.mlive.com...abcock_h_1.html

Red Wings are starting off camp with Damien Brunner on a line with Datsyuk/Zetterberg. This comes as great news for the 26-year old Swiss rookie who was dominating the Swiss league. After being the league leader in scoring last season, he continued his offensive prowess, leading the league yet again this season, with 11 more points than the next closest skater.

With that news, or camp roster will look like this:

Moulson - Tavares - Brunner

Marleau - Fisher - Havlat

Kobasew - Grigorenko - Palushaj

Brown - Desjardins - Johnson

Carle - Hedman

Josi - Oduya

Stralman - Lee

Price

Budaj

Invitees to camp include:

Tomas Jurco, Riley Nash, Gilbert Brule, Freddie Hamilton challenging for bottom-6 roles

Tennyson, Petrecki to get NHL experience, although Meszaros-De Haan are currently expected to take NHL roster spots.

Meszaros will be on the 4th pairing with De Haan for now to give him time to get up to game speed, as he has only recently been cleared for full contact.

We are going to try and keep teammates and linemates (i.e. Moulson-Tavares, Marleau-Havlat) together for time being, as a shortened season means less time for chemistry, and existing experience together will be huge.

Archived